Basic question about stealth. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-11-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Basic question about stealth.

Let's suppose I live in:

Benjamin Franklin Street 55
23452, Hamburg
Germany

Now I get suspended from Ebay. At my building live more than 500 people. I only know 4 or 5 out of the 500.

Will anyone else from my building get linked to me and thus suspended, once they sign up with Ebay using my address?

I mean Ebay could use my address to try and link accounts back to me, but would Ebay blacklist the address once someone living there gets suspended?!!

what if everyone of the 500 people living there has an account with Ebay and they ship items to that address every other day. Will these accounts be linked to mine the moment I get kicked off Ebay?!!

I mean they could link based on apartment number, same IP...etc. But blacklisting the whole address and punishing an entire building is beyond insanity!

Looking forward to your input. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-11-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Basic question about stealth.

No they are not going to link just because the address is the same. More evidence are needed.

It is quite usual for EU cities where people live in big houses with 10s of apartaments.
Old 12-11-2017

Longevity: 50%

of course they will not blacklist the whole building, but on the other side will you sell differents items, category, have a new computer , etc ...??? there is not ONLY one linking factor.
Old 12-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
of course they will not blacklist the whole building, but on the other side will you sell differents items, category, have a new computer , etc ...??? there is not ONLY one linking factor.

Suppose all necessary steps mentioned in the Stealth Book have been followed, but a person lives in the same address and shares the same last name with me.

So if I were an Ebay employee I would see that:

1. The new person lives in the same address.
2. The new person shares the last name with the person suspended.

Is that enough evidence to kick off the new person?

Btw, Does Ebay suspend arbitrary or they need enough evidence before suspending?
Old 12-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
No they are not going to link just because the address is the same. More evidence are needed.

It is quite usual for EU cities where people live in big houses with 10s of apartaments.

Exactly. Where I live there buildings with 500+ people and the address reads as follows:

Virtual street 50
32423, Berlin

So it's building number 50, but hundreds of people are living in it.
Old 12-11-2017

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Suppose all necessary steps mentioned in the Stealth Book have been followed, but a person lives in the same address and shares the same last name with me.

So if I were an Ebay employee I would see that:

1. The new person lives in the same address.
2. The new person shares the last name with the person suspended.

Is that enough evidence to kick off the new person?

Btw, Does Ebay suspend arbitrary or they need enough evidence before suspending?
If I were ebayy employee, I would ask you for id verification
Old 12-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
If I were ebayy employee, I would ask you for id verification

To my surprise, Ebay.de will 99% of the time ask a new seller for ID verification regardless whether they're suspicious or not.

Germany is a country that is insanely regulated and the tax authority here seems to have forced Ebay to verify the identities of all sellers.

Ebay.de will hit your with a MC121 notice and will basically lock up your account until you provide the following:

1. Copy of your passport.

2. Copy of your address registration.

3. Copy of the invoices for your inventory (they want to make sure it is not stolen).

4.Copy of your business registration (In Germany you have to register a commercial Ebay account as a small business).

So provided the new person who happens to be living in my building and shares the same last name with me (he is a relative) sends his ID to Ebay, will he be kicked off?

I got veroed down and not suspended, but I need to sell the inventory of the item that got pulled down off my account.

I want to open an account with my brother's name. I live in a different address than his, but I used to send returns to his address (i.e: his mailbox).

So to sum it up:

1. I live in address X, got veroed down - account still o.k and the Vero notice on my account even got delted by Ebay as a gesture of good will. I used to send returns to my brother's address (Address Y), but using my name on the return label and it worked because the post guy always put the envelope in my brother's mailbox because you know... we share the same last name.

2.Now my brother opens an account with Ebay using Address Y (different IP, different PC...etc).

3.Upon request by Ebay, my brother sends his ID which shows a totally new person.

Will my brother's account get linked to mine based on above facts?
Old 12-11-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

The plan with your brother has lots of flaws. First: it's your brother. You asked lots of questions here, but it looks like you haven't checked in to stealth for a single minute, because you are obsessed with the idea of using a relatives or a friends identity for your business. If the accounts get linked because of a mistake you made or for whatever else reason your brother won't be allowed on ebay/paypal anymore and you'll mess up his credit. so don't. Go stealth, it's not rocket science.
Old 12-11-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachilla View Post
The plan with your brother has lots of flaws. First: it's your brother. You asked lots of questions here, but it looks like you haven't checked in to stealth for a single minute, because you are obsessed with the idea of using a relatives or a friends identity for your business. If the accounts get linked because of a mistake you made or for whatever else reason your brother won't be allowed on ebay/paypal anymore and you'll mess up his credit. so don't. Go stealth, it's not rocket science.

But you know that I will get hit with the MC121 Dachilla. Then the account will be jeopardized.

I figured out a way how to not get hit with Vero again. If I can set up an account under my brother's name, we could keep selling the same item with no problem at all. With a stealth account on the other hand, I might not be able to get around the MC121 and thus lose the account all together.

I am staying in Germany as a foreigner and I don't want to get around the MC121 by providing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ identity documents. If things go south I could literally get charged with identity fraud and get my ass deported.