New User Account or clear all cookies? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-31-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 41%
Default New User Account or clear all cookies?

I'm having trouble finding a definite answer but I know how most of the community feels. Most of you believe that having a new user account for every stealth account is the way to go b/c you don't have to clear cookies.

But is it ok for me to use Firefox and have Firefox clear the cookies automatically everytime I close the browser and just run my stealth accounts that way? This will save me from having to create a ton of new user accounts...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-31-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: New User Account or clear all cookies?

Works both ways
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
RussellSimon (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017

Longevity: 72%

I wouldn't ever re-use a user account for a new EB account, even if you use Firefox. Just delete it and create a new one.

Seriously, how lazy can you get? It takes like two minutes...
Old 12-31-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
I wouldn't ever re-use a user account for a new EB account, even if you use Firefox. Just delete it and create a new one.

Seriously, how lazy can you get? It takes like two minutes...
You misread my question. I'm deciding whether I should assign a new user account for each of my stealth accounts OR use only 1 user account for all my stealth accounts (using firefox to clear cookies every time in order to not link the stealth accounts). What do you think?
Old 01-01-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellSimon View Post
I'm having trouble finding a definite answer but I know how most of the community feels. Most of you believe that having a new user account for every stealth account is the way to go b/c you don't have to clear cookies.

But is it ok for me to use Firefox and have Firefox clear the cookies automatically everytime I close the browser and just run my stealth accounts that way? This will save me from having to create a ton of new user accounts...
I use the methods in the first paragraph of your post.

Why? Because it has proven to be a good working solution for me.

I can tell you PayPal loves the cookies. eBay is happy too. So I can safely use a system that works.

No need to change anything. No chance of‘we have noticed strange activity on your account,’ notices. Having a user account is simply effective,IMO.

I always use it.

Old 01-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
I use the methods in the first paragraph of your post.

Why? Because it has proven to be a good working solution for me.

I can tell you PayPal loves the cookies. eBay is happy too. So I can safely use a system that works.

No need to change anything. No chance of‘we have noticed strange activity on your account,’ notices. Having a user account is simply effective,IMO.

I always use it.

Thanks for replying. Have you had any experiences using the "1 user account" method?
My plan is to try out both methods and see if one is better than the other. Hopefully I'm able to see one method clearly favorable than the other but there are so many variables to account for. I'm trying to make things as equal as possible for the best results
Old 01-01-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Thanks for replying. Have you had any experiences using the "1 user account" method?
My plan is to try out both methods and see if one is better than the other. Hopefully I'm able to see one method clearly favorable than the other but there are so many variables to account for. I'm trying to make things as equal as possible for the best results
I cannot see the deleting cookies method working out for you. If you are managing numerous accounts, you're adding unnecessary workload - I can't figure out why you'd want to do that?

1. Deleting cookies each time is bound to ask you to verify your phone number each time you login. God forbid one of those numbers has become inactive.

2. Forget to delete cookies, and login to another account, means both are now linked, with absolute certainty. This is a strong link, and there is no way to reverse this.

Old 01-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
I cannot see the deleting cookies method working out for you. If you are managing numerous accounts, you're adding unnecessary workload - I can't figure out why you'd want to do that?

1. Deleting cookies each time is bound to ask you to verify your phone number each time you login. God forbid one of those numbers has become inactive.

2. Forget to delete cookies, and login to another account, means both are now linked, with absolute certainty. This is a strong link, and there is no way to reverse this.

Thanks for the reply. Let me breakdown my method for you and then tell you my concerns about it. I'm going to use Firefox w/ settings that clear all the cookies, history, etc. everytime you close the browser so switching between stealth accounts is actually faster than having to load a new user account. I will never lose a phone number because they're all GV numbers that are all connected to Hangouts on my phone. But my concern is what uve mentioned, having to possibly login with a phone number, and I also read that eBay and PayPal like to see a build up of cookies on the account. I'm planning to try both methods to see which is best.
Old 01-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:

I also feel like I'm more bound to make a mistake from possibly switching to the incorrect user account and/or logging into the wrong account on a user account. With the user account method you have to 1) select the correct user account and 2) log in to the correct account. With my method I only have to 1) Close and reopen the browser and 2) Log in to another account. Imo the chances of making a mistake is smaller with my method
Old 01-01-2018

To be clear, what I think we're all telling you is 1 user account per EB account.

Your process isn't going to work, and you're going to be back here in six months wondering why EB killed all your accounts at once.

It takes about 10 seconds to switch user accounts. Why take the risk?
Old 01-01-2018

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
I also feel like I'm more bound to make a mistake from possibly switching to the incorrect user account and/or logging into the wrong account on a user account. With the user account method you have to 1) select the correct user account and 2) log in to the correct account. With my method I only have to 1) Close and reopen the browser and 2) Log in to another account. Imo the chances of making a mistake is smaller with my method
lol so, let me get this straight. You're concerned about possibly switching to the incorrect user account. But in no way are you worried about logging in using the same browser?

You couldn't accidentally log into the wrong ebay account, because you wouldn't have that ebay accounts info anywhere on that user account. Literally no chance of logging into the wrong ebay account with this method. ZERO.

Also, there are soooo many ways to not login to the wrong user account. Name the user account something. Use a different picture. Use a wallpaper that says " hey dumbass, this is account for selling this **** only!!". Rename the firefox icon something else. I mean, I can go on and on. We use different user accounts for the ADDED security, not for the lack of it. More steps means more chances of noticing a **** up. Not to mention, the ONLY accidental link you'd have from different user accounts, would be the IP, but that's not so bad.
Old 01-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
To be clear, what I think we're all telling you is 1 user account per EB account.

Your process isn't going to work, and you're going to be back here in six months wondering why EB killed all your accounts at once.

It takes about 10 seconds to switch user accounts. Why take the risk?
Lol how would my accounts get linked? I'm following all of the stealth protocols to a T. I'm even using a separate user agent (if you know what that is) per stealth account so ebay/paypal don't notice me using the same OS/Browser. The issue I have with my method is always logging into ebay/paypal with cleared cookies. I feel like this MIGHT raise suspicion but that's literally the only negative about my method.
Old 01-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
lol so, let me get this straight. You're concerned about possibly switching to the incorrect user account. But in no way are you worried about logging in using the same browser?

You couldn't accidentally log into the wrong ebay account, because you wouldn't have that ebay accounts info anywhere on that user account. Literally no chance of logging into the wrong ebay account with this method. ZERO.

Also, there are soooo many ways to not login to the wrong user account. Name the user account something. Use a different picture. Use a wallpaper that says " hey dumbass, this is account for selling this **** only!!". Rename the firefox icon something else. I mean, I can go on and on. We use different user accounts for the ADDED security, not for the lack of it. More steps means more chances of noticing a **** up. Not to mention, the ONLY accidental link you'd have from different user accounts, would be the IP, but that's not so bad.
Haha I love your enthusiasm and I actually agree with you. I just remembered that all the log in details for the stealth account will be saved and autofilled on the user account so logging into another account is 0% chance. And yes the way you can get linked with the new user account method is by using the wrong IP address for that account (but it's just as easy to make that mistake using my method.) Another way I can make a mistake is by linking the user agents because I use a different user agent for every stealth account.
Old 01-01-2018
Threadstarter  

Just to make my method clear to everybody. I'm going to use Firefox with settings that automatically clear all of the cookies every time I close the browser. Each stealth account will have a new IP, new user agent, new everything. I only need 1 user account for all my stealth accounts since the browser automatically clears the cookies, making there NO way to link the accounts (unless I make some kind of boneheaded mistake)

This method is literally in the Stealth Book.
Old 01-02-2018

Lol how would my accounts get linked? I'm following all of the stealth protocols to a T

But you're not. You're mixing multiple EB accounts on the same user account. You're probably not doing lots of other things you should be doing as well.

Everyone is saying the same thing.

So now the course of action you need to take is obvious: go and do this stupid thing you've convinced yourself is brilliant.
Old 01-02-2018

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Just to make my method clear to everybody. I'm going to use Firefox with settings that automatically clear all of the cookies every time I close the browser. Each stealth account will have a new IP, new user agent, new everything. I only need 1 user account for all my stealth accounts since the browser automatically clears the cookies, making there NO way to link the accounts (unless I make some kind of boneheaded mistake)

This method is literally in the Stealth Book.
I've understood your method. It can work, nobody is refuting that. It's just not ideal, nor recommended.

Good luck with however you wish to proceed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
Jewels (05-21-2022)
Old 01-02-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I've understood your method. It can work, nobody is refuting that. It's just not ideal, nor recommended.

Good luck with however you wish to proceed.
I tried logging into the gmail of one of my stealth accounts and I received a phone verification because the device was unrecognized, even though everything is the same. We'll see if ebay and paypal begin to do the same upon login...
Old 01-02-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Lol how would my accounts get linked? I'm following all of the stealth protocols to a T

But you're not. You're mixing multiple EB accounts on the same user account. You're probably not doing lots of other things you should be doing as well.

Everyone is saying the same thing.

So now the course of action you need to take is obvious: go and do this stupid thing you've convinced yourself is brilliant.
I read myriad times on this forum that the only thing ebay and paypal track you with is a ip address, cookies, and flash cookies; and I'm not mixing any of them. How does having multiple stealth accounts on 1 user account count as mixing? You're either trolling or just a little tarded.
Old 01-02-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Instead of clearing cookies, it's much better and organized to have a dedicated win account per ebay account.

I'm not sure what the stealth protocols you are following are, but it's rather obvious that you aren't following the stealth guide to a T.
Old 01-02-2018

Certainly doesn't sound as if I'm the one who's 'tarded' here.

Everybody's told you don't do it. Now go prove us all wrong. Keep in mind a few months or maybe the better part of a year may pass, but in the end they're going to be DOA.

As I said, go ahead and get it over with. I for one will be watching for the "HELP" thread.
Old 01-03-2018

Longevity: 45%

Quote:

new user acc + portable browser + win firewall to block non VPN connection (if you use VPN)
this mix lets you keep everything separate and prevents from making mistakes like mixing files, cookies, ip..
Old 01-03-2018

Quest:

Because you've read the entire thread you know he wants to run MANY different EB and PP accounts on one user account.

I'd like to know how many EB & PP accounts you run on ONE USER ACCOUNT and how long you've been doing it successfully.

Since you're encouraging him to do this, and lots of people may use this incredibly bad advice, lets see how it's been working for YOU - how many years have you been doing this? One? Two? Six?

Let's get the skinny.