Want to sell cellphone cases with stealth accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-13-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default Want to sell cellphone cases with stealth accounts

I just bought some accounts and want to start my business,I want to sell cellphone cases(unbranded ,no VERO).

So I just want to know the risky level of the cellphone case.So here are two plans:

A.leave new accounts in my new IP for two weeks,list first used book as auction,sell it,then list second used book,sell it.which takes around 45 days to build trust on eBay.And start to list multiple cellphone case.(I prefer to do this,it's quicker)

B.Do the same process,after 45 days,keep listing multiple second hand books till 90 days,so now all limits lifted and then start to list cellphone case (I don't want to wait such a long time but this one makes me feel more safer)

Which plans you guys think is better?Is plan A safe enough for me to go?

Newbie seller on this forum,Really appreciate any kind of help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Want to sell cellphone cases with stealth accounts

I know cellphone related things are high risk items...but for me cellphone cases are really so profitable...So I just wonder what's the best time to sell safely
Old 02-13-2018
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2230863928 View Post
I just bought some accounts and want to start my business,I want to sell cellphone cases
Talking to the account seller you purchased from about the acceptable risk of selling in that category is where you should start.
Old 02-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post
Talking to the account seller you purchased from about the acceptable risk of selling in that category is where you should start.
I've already talked to him,he's a nice guy but he has no experience on selling cellphone cases...So I want to see if there's anyone on the forum who have experience..
Old 02-13-2018

Longevity: 73%

Selling cellphone cases from China... I see no reason why THAT might be a dicey proposition.

The online market is absolutely FLOODED with cheap, crappy phone cases. It's a troubled category and EB treats it that way.

Somebody here a few weeks back was complaining about being stuck with something like over 10,000 units of these things.

Be prepared for problems.
Old 02-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
I've already talked to him,he's a nice guy but he has no experience on selling cellphone cases...So I want to see if there's anyone on the forum who have experience..
I have experience with them. Generic cases themselves aren't risky but certain keywords (iPhone) in the title can get you in trouble. They're unprofitable for those of us in the US who import, but I'm sure you'll do fine as a Chinese seller. You can ship for a fraction of the cost of a US seller.
Old 02-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Selling cellphone cases from China... I see no reason why THAT might be a dicey proposition.

The online market is absolutely FLOODED with cheap, crappy phone cases. It's a troubled category and EB treats it that way.

Somebody here a few weeks back was complaining about being stuck with something like over 10,000 units of these things.

Be prepared for problems.
I want ship direct from US, it's easy to get 0.99 free shipping cases supplier located in US,so just need to dropship them from US,with many accounts,this will work,cellphone case still have a high sell through rate according to Terapeak
Old 02-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I have experience with them. Generic cases themselves aren't risky but certain keywords (iPhone) in the title can get you in trouble. They're unprofitable for those of us in the US who import, but I'm sure you'll do fine as a Chinese seller. You can ship for a fraction of the cost of a US seller.
I don't want to ship from China..too,yeah,ship them from China only cost around 0.3$-0.8$ and the cost of cellphone case itself is less than 0.1$,but I still feel better to find dropshipping supplier located in US with 0.99$ free shipping.Thanks for your help,seems I can list some after 45 days since it's not big risky things,I'll try to avoid some brand keywords...
Old 02-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

"Dropship", yeah you are going to lose accounts real quick. You really should sell items you have on hand first.....then when the account is aged enough....then dropship.
Old 02-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
I don't want to ship from China..too,yeah,ship them from China only cost around 0.3$-0.8$ and the cost of cellphone case itself is less than 0.1$,but I still feel better to find dropshipping supplier located in US with 0.99$ free shipping.Thanks for your help,seems I can list some after 45 days since it's not big risky things,I'll try to avoid some brand keywords...
You don't need to wait 45 days.

If you try to use a US warehouse for your shipping you will probably end up selling for a loss. The cheapest tracked shipping for US to US shipments costs $2.66. You have a significant advantage with the e-packet rates.

Thanks to the Wish app and the thousands of Chinese sellers on eBay already, most US buyers are used to waiting 2 weeks or so for cheap Chinese stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Yasav (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Question Re: Want to sell cellphone cases with stealth accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
"Dropship", yeah you are going to lose accounts real quick. You really should sell items you have on hand first.....then when the account is aged enough....then dropship.

Could you please tell me why?I’ll find sellers or suppliers with great feedback both product quality and shipping speed.Ill also check their inventory everyday...what else should I pay attention if I dropship? Why this may lose account quickly?
Old 02-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Could you please tell me why?I’ll find sellers or suppliers with great feedback both product quality and shipping speed.Ill also check their inventory everyday...what else should I pay attention if I dropship? Why this may lose account quickly?
If your dropshipper can guarantee to ship out fast, provide the best quality, then you may be ok.
Old 02-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
If your dropshipper can guarantee to ship out fast, provide the best quality, then you may be ok.
Ok,thanks for your advice I’ll pay attention to it
Old 02-13-2018

Longevity: 73%

Dropshipping is the kiss of death for most sellers. You're in another country, man, you won't know anything is going wrong until you're already suspended and banned.

If you ship from China you'll have people filing cases all the time because it took too long to arrive.

Figure out something else to sell that's worth it.
Old 02-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Dropshipping is the kiss of death for most sellers. You're in another country, man, you won't know anything is going wrong until you're already suspended and banned.

If you ship from China you'll have people filing cases all the time because it took too long to arrive.

Figure out something else to sell that's worth it.
Yeah,you are right,the best solution is open a warehouse in US or UK and sell like local,but that will cost a lot both money and time and really not newbie friendly...I think in the beginning I need to find some supplier who have great shipping service and product.Thanks for your advice