Selling a $600 item with a new stealth account - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-17-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
Default Re: Selling a $600 item with a new stealth account

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
lets say it is a gaming console or something like that. You almost certainly will get a soft suspension asking for at least a photo ID and receipt or invoices for the item.
The document you referenced above - photo/receipt/invoice - would that be: photo of item or photo of account holder?
receipt or invoice of how seller obtained the item?

[yikes, a lifetime of collecting HD -Harley Davidson authentics - no receipts- all high dollar stuff that Im trying to get set up to sell.] Im a virgin seller stuck at first base still trying to get in game.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-17-2018

id of account holder and a receipt of purchase from a supplier for the selling item
Old 03-17-2018

Longevity: 73%

YES you can attach 2 diff ebay accts in 1 paypal acct if you are a NORMAL SELLER

I said you CAN, I said it's a poor idea.

The problem is many readers are desperate to get back to selling, and don't know yet what will succeed long term. They read this kind of stuff and then end up in trouble.

You want to do it, go ahead and link those suckers up and watch 'em burn and tumble like dominoes when the time comes.

On the other hand, I haven't had a limited or suspended EB or PP in over 4 years. I think I prefer the low drama of being careful.
Old 03-17-2018

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeiside View Post
I would like to know what’s the risk in selling a $600 branded item that I’m trying to get rid of. I wan to sell it on a brand new stealth account. Do I risk getting my account deleted? I suppose new sellers come on eBay all the time trying to sell their expensive valuables so I don’t see why they should ban me for suspicion of any sort. Especially if someone buys it and nothing goes wrong after 21 days. I need to hear someone else’s take on this. Please help.
if you have a legit business you might be able to pull this off. I doupt you will be able to pull it off ether way although.

Why not sell it locally?
Old 03-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedNdumb View Post
The document you referenced above - photo/receipt/invoice - would that be: photo of item or photo of account holder?
receipt or invoice of how seller obtained the item?

[yikes, a lifetime of collecting HD -Harley Davidson authentics - no receipts- all high dollar stuff that Im trying to get set up to sell.] Im a virgin seller stuck at first base still trying to get in game.
Be very very VERY careful of HD authentics. They have a strict policy for their IP rights.

Photo of ID is photo of yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
dazedNdumb (03-18-2018)
Old 03-17-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Be very very VERY careful of HD authentics. They have a strict policy for their IP rights.

Second what GB said - I have some experience with selling HD collectibles...it can be very rough and the community that buys/sells it can also be very critical.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
dazedNdumb (03-18-2018)
Old 03-17-2018

At one point maybe 5-6 years back I sold around 20 like new used HD high end embroidered button down shirts and t-shirts, got $50-75 each for them, but I doubt that would get anybody all that stirred up.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
dazedNdumb (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
YES you can attach 2 diff ebay accts in 1 paypal acct if you are a NORMAL SELLER

I said you CAN, I said it's a poor idea.

The problem is many readers are desperate to get back to selling, and don't know yet what will succeed long term. They read this kind of stuff and then end up in trouble.

You want to do it, go ahead and link those suckers up and watch 'em burn and tumble like dominoes when the time comes.

On the other hand, I haven't had a limited or suspended EB or PP in over 4 years. I think I prefer the low drama of being careful.
This a partially quotation and this makes people misunderstand ...

I said yes you can do it but only if you are a legit seller and selling NOT HIGH RISK goods (vero otc and many others)
If you are selling high risk items a domino collapse can be definitelly raised if something happens to one account ..
This is what i said m8

Isolating phrases from a thread of 55 replies doesnt make sense ...
Its a post conversation and still going on ...
Follow ups or previous matters .
Old 03-18-2018

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerguy View Post
There is a huge risk with refunding buyers with low feedbacks. They can easily leave you negative feedback. It's hard to gauge when someone with low fb is a real buyer or some kid or teenager looking to steal from you.

How about a zero feedback buyer asking you to leave a note for USPS to just leave the package at door... I got one of those lately
Old 03-18-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
How about a zero feedback buyer asking you to leave a note for USPS to just leave the package at door... I got one of those lately
Depends on good's for sale value ...
Old 03-18-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by greakf3eak View Post
Depends on good's for sale value ...
$260 item...
Old 03-18-2018

Quote:
$260 item...
So ... dONt !!!
Old 03-18-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeiside View Post
I would like to know what’s the risk in selling a $600 branded item that I’m trying to get rid of. I wan to sell it on a brand new stealth account. Do I risk getting my account deleted? I suppose new sellers come on eBay all the time trying to sell their expensive valuables so I don’t see why they should ban me for suspicion of any sort. Especially if someone buys it and nothing goes wrong after 21 days. I need to hear someone else’s take on this. Please help.

Alot of opinions on here get recycled for years with little recent experience to back it up. However, the recommendations by others are good practice to avoid any issues... especially stealth newbies that have little experience operating stealth accounts.

I sold a used $900 Coach bag for my sister on a brand new account 2 weeks ago, a new $800 ipad pro on another new account this week and a $500 Xbox One X on another new account last week with zero problems. The accounts were all over 3 months old, with minimal (6-10) buyer feedback and were verified.

From my experience the last 12 years (Laptops, video game consoles, smartphones, luxury brand accessories), I have never been limited selling expensive vero items on new accounts.

I've always sold only 1 item, I REPEAT 1 ITEM!!! for >$300 in the 1st month of selling. Sold... shipped... payed ebay fees when due... sold 2 next month... payed fees... then 4... ect

2 back to back >$300 Vero sales on a new account and you're dead!

A SNAD case on the 1st sale and you're asking for trouble!

As far as refunds... 2 in 1 month on Vero items and... , 2 spread out over 6-12 months has never been a problem

All the above being said, you are definitely operating closer to the fire, but in my experience it can be done.

Last edited by Mr. Invisible; 03-18-2018 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Selling a $600 item with a new stealth accou

Quote:
You should try this reply to that piece of BS.....

hell never freezes over....on my watch!

They are precious aren’t they?

Old 03-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%

Quote:
At one point maybe 5-6 years back I sold around 20 like new used HD high end embroidered button down shirts and t-shirts, got $50-75 each for them, but I doubt that would get anybody all that stirred up.
Nice to hear - genuine eh
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
dazedNdumb (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018

Yeah, the real deal. Picked them up at a goodwill pound store, there was a pile, no kidding, of 50-60 HD and Tommy Bahama, some still had dry cleaning tags on them, probably some sort of a relationship fail or DOA thing. By the pound they cost about $1-2 per.

I spread them out over 4-5 accounts, sold 1-2 a month per account until they were gone. No problems.

I was careful, though, not worth it to get my account limited for a few hundred bucks, no matter how easy it was.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
dazedNdumb (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018

Quote:
Yeah, the real deal. Picked them up at a goodwill pound store, there was a pile, no kidding, of 50-60 HD and Tommy Bahama, some still had dry cleaning tags on them, probably some sort of a relationship fail or DOA thing. By the pound they cost about $1-2 per.

I spread them out over 4-5 accounts, sold 1-2 a month per account until they were gone. No problems.

I was careful, though, not worth it to get my account limited for a few hundred bucks, no matter how easy it was.
the force is strong in this one you can sell high dollar items BUT do it wisely.
Think I'll buy me a football team
The Following User Says Thank You to MtnDew For This Useful Post:
dazedNdumb (03-18-2018)
Old 03-19-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by greakf3eak View Post
id of account holder and a receipt of purchase from a supplier for the selling item
Thanks Greakf3eak Just one more pesky question as to their asking for the photo id, if whether EB references it to be that of a legal issued id like from a perspns Driver's License or passport (state or government issued,) or employer /school issued as in they can choose to verify that pic at a later time. Or whether you can provide any photo. Would the picture ID cause a problem with stealth accounts?

This may sound like a dumb question- but would the picture ID request cause a problem with stealth accounts. I don't yet have one, so not sure how the accounts work in regards to the name content.
Old 03-19-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

Is this 'juggle' emoji code for part of the strategy for IP of listing the HD Brands

Thanks GB! Wow -Never would have given it a second thought! (with seeing all the other HD being sold on EB and many very high dollar). Attempting to help a 70 yo friend downsize their HD collection that has and have many of the same items.

Had to look up IP. So trying to grasp how to apply your answer - The items are all authentic. Would there be issues on collectible items not longer in production such as things prior to AMF and the expired Road House collection?
What about non marketed merchandise that was not sold. Meaning retired dealer only memorabilia, banners and signage?

Many of these items receipts have been lost back in their days of youth. However some of it has been purchased from EB. If asked, would receipts of purchase from within their own buyers non stealth account work?

Currently in a situation where the selling will likely take place on a non-stealth account - either the current buying account with high buyer rating or a new non stealth business account.
Old 03-19-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Second what GB said - I have some experience with selling HD collectibles...it can be very rough and the community that buys/sells it can also be very critical.
Hi rsot & thanks. Congrats on the great find. My attempts to help my 70 yo friend downsize his HD Collection has already begun rocky, hence my stumbling upon this page. We're both virgin sellers. Do you mean they may be critical of the merchandise condition or is it several different aspects? Can you elaborate?
Old 03-19-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedNdumb View Post
Hi rsot & thanks. Congrats on the great find. My attempts to help my 70 yo friend downsize his HD Collection has already begun rocky, hence my stumbling upon this page. We're both virgin sellers. Do you mean they may be critical of the merchandise condition or is it several different aspects? Can you elaborate?
I guess is a matter of attitude of hd guys ...
Strange guys all over the world
Born to be wilds
The Following User Says Thank You to greakf3eak For This Useful Post:
dazedNdumb (03-24-2018)