vERO question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-21-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default vERO question

Hello and I thank you in advance for your reply / attention, I got different stealth accounts but I was wondering if filling a "counter notice" with a stealth account is worth it ,or it is gonna make my account total screwed up?

Basically I have 3 stealth account, one of them is a power seller account with 260 feedback all 5 STARS POSITIVE ,always sold high vERO items.
However last week after 1 shutdown I got it restricted, I am selling Microsoft Used products bought from a supplier that is selling Original Used Licenses, I tried to contact the email they provide but they never reply and they are not even listening to me. I proofed some cases that they tried to fought and lost, since they clearly don't know what's the "First sale doctrine " is,they are not supposed to be able to stop me from reselling their software as a used,after it has been obtained legally from them, they never reply to the emails, so is there any way around this? I still have reason to believe that some competitor is reporting because I see plenty of sellers selling thousand per day and they are on TOP page, I am not even on the first page but now my items get removed by vERO in no time,so I would like to ask you some suggestion, the vERO team,told me I should make a counter notice since they do believe me since I proofed them but they need Microsoft to contact them for asking reinstatement / retraction of the report, however I got no reply from them. My accounts are stealth, should I try to make a counter notice ,or is better avoiding doing so? Thank you for your reply and have a great day
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: vERO question

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Original Used licenses sounds kind of bogus OP...high risk items...counter notice is unlikely to help
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Yasav (05-21-2018)
Old 05-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 34%

https://www.usedsoft.com/en/used-sof...gal-situation/

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/8...are-and-i-won/

Hi Sir,Thank you for replying, essentially I can see that there plenty of sellers selling same stuff, maybe they got lucky,maybe not,my point is basically they are always on TOP 3 of selling if you look for example for "win 10 pro"

they never get veroed or reported,my items instead,even if they are on 3 or fourth page they got veroed. I would like to know how they do that, They are not old accounts,some of them they are from less than a year,my main stealth account is 3 years old POWER seller... any suggestion on how to avoid to get the account screwed?

I ask to microsoft to give me some explanations and by contacting them I could verify even more than keys are genuine and that they have nothing against me reselling them,both via live chat and both via phone,BUT the department thar regulates eBay VERO they just reply with automatic answers, their number on ebay.vero.com websites doesn't exist and their profile (Msnetsafe) doesn't reply, selling used licenses is legal, they are not some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ chinese keys... I think that they are not allowing to bully other sellers by ignoring the "first sale doctrine", a copyright owner CANNOT stop for selling used licenses legally obtained for reselling as their right of claim ends after first purchase. eBay vERO team agrees with me but they suggested me to file a counter notice,if they won't reply they will "whitelist" and reinstate my listings,HOWEVER I am afraid in doing so since it is a stealth account,if someone has any other suggestion, I would appreciate it ( apart from not listing those items) ,thank you very much and cheers!
Old 05-24-2018

Longevity: 51%

it happens to me too as I also sell some vero items here and there...lately I am getting threatening ebay messages from a new ebay account (looks suspicious) about how they are going to report me to MS and I will be in big trouble....counter notice never helped me....u cant even do counter notice on .ca accounts but for US you can.....but I had no luck.

does anyone gets threatening messages on ebay from competitiors?
Old 05-24-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Both of you are asking for assistance in copyright fighting, counternotices, and dealing with competition. You may need to pay for assistance in these matters since this is business.
Old 05-24-2018

Longevity: 51%

@rsot ......thanks for your input...however are you suggesting legal counsels or any other services available to fight this type situations?
Old 05-24-2018

Longevity: 72%

It doesn't matter that other people are doing this - you're the one on the hook.

Frankly, Microsoft has hundreds of highly paid lawyers to enforce this rule, right or wrong. You can dump tens of thousands of dollars into it up front on retainers, (nobody's going to take this on contingency) and end up with an empty bag, just to sell a handful of possibly fraudulent license keys.

Even if you win the attorney costs could bankrupt you.

You have to judge what's best for you, but if it were me I'd move on and find something else to sell. This is a bad bet.
Old 08-03-2019

Longevity: 35%

Have you been able to find the solution to this issue?I myself have the same problem as you and cannot do anything about that.