Setting up ShipStation for Multiple Accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-06-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Setting up ShipStation for Multiple Accounts

Hi Everyone,

I hate to make one of these posts that has been asked before, but after searching through the threads here I couldn't find one in the last year and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything before proceeding.

I've been operating on my main account for the last couple years with no issues (all my personal information) but I want to start selling a little bit more on a couple stealth accounts that I've been slowly building up over the last year or so.

My question is regarding the ShipStation setup for those of you who have multiple eBay accounts attached to 1 ShipStation account.

If I'm understanding correctly, I need to initially add each eBay account to the ShipStation account while connected to the same eBay IP used on the stealth account?

Then after doing so, will I be fine when I refresh the ShipStation orders to pull in orders from all of the eBay stores? My last question had to do with something I read in a previous post about setting up each eBay account as a different warehouse?

I appreciate any and all input here guys! I just want to make sure I have this right before adding it to the ShipStation account with all my personal details/main eBay account.

Thanks everyone!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2018

Longevity: 35%
Default Re: Setting up ShipStation for Multiple Accounts

I would like a detailed breakdown of this process as well.
Old 06-06-2018

Longevity: 45%

Yes, to connect your ebay accounts you must be set up the same way you would to access ebay or PayPal because when you click on add ebay store it will take you to the ebay sign in page and you will need to sign in. then you will need to click the accept button to allow shipstation access to the eBay API.

The separate warehouse thing is for when you have multiple po boxes or return shipping addresses for your ebay accounts.

I have 1 USPS PO Box per 2 EB & PP accounts. Each ebay store has its own address in shipstation. 1 PO box and 1 street address per PO box.

Does this make sense?

The way I do it is label my ebay accounts 1-10 then I label the warehouses 1-10 to match the ebay account it goes with. then when I get a order from what ever account I pick the warehouse that goes with that account from the drop down menu.

Every 3-6 month the API will disconnect from your SS account and you will have to reconnect it the same way... What ever you do dont use the wrong IP and user account in your PC when reconnecting it...
The Following User Says Thank You to nate For This Useful Post:
TN2016 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Yes, to connect your ebay accounts you must be set up the same way you would to access ebay or PayPal because when you click on add ebay store it will take you to the ebay sign in page and you will need to sign in. then you will need to click the accept button to allow shipstation access to the eBay API.

The separate warehouse thing is for when you have multiple po boxes or return shipping addresses for your ebay accounts.

I have 1 USPS PO Box per 2 EB & PP accounts. Each ebay store has its own address in shipstation. 1 PO box and 1 street address per PO box.

Does this make sense?

The way I do it is label my ebay accounts 1-10 then I label the warehouses 1-10 to match the ebay account it goes with. then when I get a order from what ever account I pick the warehouse that goes with that account from the drop down menu.

Every 3-6 month the API will disconnect from your SS account and you will have to reconnect it the same way... What ever you do dont use the wrong IP and user account in your PC when reconnecting it...
Hi Nate,

I appreciate the reply and I think I get what you're saying about setup/different warehouses and addresses.

So if I'm understanding correctly, I'll want to be on the seperate user account for the stealth eBay, connected to that IP address when I link that eBay account with my ShipStation account? After doing so, I'll be able to refresh ShipStation to pull in orders on any IP address right?

Every few months I'll have to log in to ShipStation on the stealth user account/IP address to re-connect the eBay account and just to make sure I'm doing so on the correct user account/IP?

Thanks and I apologize for just kind of repeating, I just want to confirm and it seems like you've got this set up pretty nicely yourself. Thanks again for the help!
Old 06-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2016 View Post
I just want to confirm and it seems like you've got this set up pretty nicely yourself. Thanks again for the help!
Yes, it is super simple... Any time you are on shipstation or the shipstation android app you can use any IP or user account....

The only time that doesnt apply is when adding a connection to a store or marketplace, this is because shipstation will send you to the marketplace to log into your ebay account to give shipstation permission to use the API. Similar to how ebay sends you to PayPal to pay for a item. After that you are good until the connection drops which could be 6 months or more... Possibly never...
Old 06-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I ship ALL accounts with the same return address in shipstation.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
Justin Ghost (08-21-2018)
Old 06-13-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I ship ALL accounts with the same return address in shipstation.
I can't safely do it... I've had a buyer buy from multiple accounts of mine at the same time and return for not auth... knowing my luck they'd report me.

Do you upload return labels through ebay like that? Sure its possible...

I've had problems before with only emailing return labels so that didnt work for me...

Last edited by nate; 06-13-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I have EBAY make my return labels. Returns have NOTHING to do with my ship station account. That is 100% handled by ebay and each accounts return address.

I have multiple ship stations. ALL of my accounts on one. ALL of my wholesale buyers on another and all my Chinese accounts on another.
ALL have my return addresses in ship station.