What exactly are eBay stealth accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default What exactly are eBay stealth accounts?

Hello all! New to the forum and I’ve been searching for this answer but I only see questions about having a stealth account.

Anyways what exactly is an eBay Stealth account? I don’t mind purchasing the book but first I’m just curious what it is and if I really need it. Also what would I need to get started in making one? I see people asking about making a new bank account, getting a new phone, changing names and addresses, etc which I’m not to sure if all that is actually worth it for what I sale lol

I have my main account on eBay right now and I’ve been selling ebooks for pretty cheap ($3-$5) But one of my more expensive books and top seller ($50) was reported and VERO took it down. So need some advice if it’s worth it for me to get into this eBay Stealth so I can sell more ebooks or is eBay Stealth not for me. My account isn’t banned btw, haven’t reposted the listings or anything because I don’t want my main account to be banned since I buy a lot from there.

Thanks in Advance!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: What exactly are eBay stealth accounts?

https://www.auctionstealth.com/
Old 07-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%

accounts with made up information

Such as creating an account for your goldfish
Old 07-18-2018

Longevity: 39%

It is worth getting into stealth as soon as possible.

Having all your eggs in one basket is never a good idea.

Think if your account got limited tomorrow and you couldn't sell similar volume for months. That would be a disaster to most people.

It happens all the time. Even to accounts that have 50,000 feedback and have been around for 10 years.

So rather than wait for it to happen to you, its best to learn stealth and spread you sales over multiple accounts, with backup accounts ageing in the meantime. That way if a ban occurs you wont blink an eyelid.

It can be a bit daunting at first but with the stealth guide and the help of the forum you will be able to learn everything you need to know.
Old 07-18-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamsym View Post
It is worth getting into stealth as soon as possible.

Having all your eggs in one basket is never a good idea.

Think if your account got limited tomorrow and you couldn't sell similar volume for months. That would be a disaster to most people.

It happens all the time. Even to accounts that have 50,000 feedback and have been around for 10 years.

So rather than wait for it to happen to you, its best to learn stealth and spread you sales over multiple accounts, with backup accounts ageing in the meantime. That way if a ban occurs you wont blink an eyelid.

It can be a bit daunting at first but with the stealth guide and the help of the forum you will be able to learn everything you need to know.

Would this be a good idea for me since I’m selling ebooks? I’m only selling like 7 of them for now (will grow later in the future) and also only for $3-$5? I’m only making $100 in a month if that.

Also I was reading the mini guide Donald sent out and it says I need a new bank account and such? Is there another way to set that up without going to an actual bank? I know stupid question, I just don’t have time to go to the bank and open up another account. I barely have time to go to my own bank lol I was thinking if there is an alternative of some sort to doing this?

Also what other things would I need to get to have a stealth account besides the bank and stealth guide? So far after a little research, it seems I need IPBurger to get multiple ipaddress, multiple phone number, multiple emails, multiple addresses, and multiple credit cards? Is that it? Would that even be worth it for a small seller like myself that’s just doing this to make a couple $100 a month? So far for the stealth guide and IPBurger I’m looking at $30 a month which would profit me about $70 a month since I don’t make much.

Thank you for the reply!
Old 07-18-2018

Longevity: 39%

The thing i would say is that you will never regret setting up a stealth account but you might regret not doing.

For your specific situation it doesn't seem hugely crucial though if $100 a month is insignificant to you.

If you reach a point where it would hurt you to be banned then that's the point you should consider stealth ( or slightly before that point)

With regard to bank accounts you can set them up online in the U.S i believe. I'm personally from the UK and its easy to just add a few extra saver accounts or nip in a branch and open an account over here as well.

Most of the actual things you need can be purchased from the forum anyway, but if you read the Stealth Guide it gives you all the knowledge to do it for yourself at lesser cost.
Old 07-18-2018

Longevity: 37%

If you are only selling $100 because of category restrictions then stealth would help. If it’s just cause sales are low that’s another story. The stealth accounts allow you to list the same items with different picture, titles and descriptions. It’s only through this that I’ve figured out the best images, descriptions, etc. for what I’m selling.

I also take into account cost setup. Everyone does it differently but creating a new account with consistent item/dollar amounts of 500/$25k or more runs me ~$30 to start and a monthly running charge of ~$10. You would need to ensure you make enough to cover the carry cost (bank fees, telephone fees, things like that).

Also, start with 1 stealth. Make sure you have the process down which results in good, unrestricted accounts.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 07-18-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth
Old 07-21-2018

Longevity: 73%

A 'stealth' account is made with information that isn't yours.

Having all your eggs in one basket is foolish. Every day we see people here crying because EB or PP shut them down and they're suddenly starving. It's happened to everybody here.

Also, having multiple, unlinked accounts can help you get around category limits.

A stealth account doesn't have to be expensive to establish.
Old 06-26-2019

Longevity: 28%

got indefinitely suspended whats my first move besides finding this forum

one accnt led to 2 other being shut down

if i purchase stealth accnt, can i make changes to the name and email

how about changing the name to the government name in paypal for tax purposes, or thats not recommended, if i sell over ebays limit im guessing theyre gona want to send me a tax sheet

any help is appreciated

Last edited by SaiJin; 06-26-2019 at 02:40 AM.
Old 06-26-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

all you need is here: eBay Stealth guide.

start there, then make your own thread once you read the guide, We'll help you
Closed Thread