Photos - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-27-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default Photos

I am going to be uploading photos soon for listings. Really not very tech savvy so I have a question or two.. They are not photos I have taken with a camera but ones hat have been created as jpegs in photoshop.

1. What is the easiest way to get my exisiting photos from my old user account to the new one?

2. Can I just open the photos in photoshop and save them as something else so effectively they will be new files?

3. Or should I used batch purifier? I have downloaded this and tried it. When viewing te data of the cleaned photos, it still has the info in the file section where it says the name of my computer. Is this right?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Photos

1) Easiest way would be to drag and drop them from your old user account to your new user account. Computer -> Local Disk C: -> Users. Select your old user account, find your photos, then drag them into your new user account.

2) In my experience, that's enough. I've heard people say eBay uses AI to detect the same images across multiple accounts but that's total nonsense.

3) Yes, that's right. Batch Purifier isn't able to remove that part. It's never caused an problems for me and I frequently re-use photos. If you re-name all of your JPEG's + run them through Batch Purifier I can almost guarantee you'll have no problems.
Old 08-27-2018

Longevity: 41%

How is it possible, Eb dont link accounts after seeing the same PC name on all photos used on many accounts ? It sounds scary to me.

P.s. I am using Batch Purifier and separate Windows user accounts.
Old 08-27-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

eBay doesn't use most of the modern methods of detecting the same user across multiple accounts. They have always purposely allowed loopholes to exist which let sellers who are willing to do research get back on the platform and start selling again.

That's always been my theory, at least. Just look at how much more difficult it is to create stealth accounts on Amazon (the market leader by far) compared to on eBay (barely hanging on these days). I think eBay will welcome stealth accounts with open arms until legislation is created which forces them to stop allowing them (like the Patriot Act did for banking).

@Aguero - I tested what the OP was talking about myself using Batch Purifier. Everything is wiped except for the computer info. Changing user accounts will naturally change the image's directory but to change the "computer name" field, I think you'd have to transfer the photos to another computer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Aguero (08-27-2018), nickopedia (08-28-2018)
Old 08-27-2018

Thanks for blitz response.

If it is necessary to transfer photos to another PC, I need to have 4 PCs for 4 stealth accounts ?

I was thinking that new user Win accounts it perfect for stealth. I am confused.
Old 08-27-2018

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
eBay doesn't use most of the modern methods of detecting the same user across multiple accounts. They have always purposely allowed loopholes to exist which let sellers who are willing to do research get back on the platform and start selling again.

That's always been my theory, at least. Just look at how much more difficult it is to create stealth accounts on Amazon (the market leader by far) compared to on eBay (barely hanging on these days). I think eBay will welcome stealth accounts with open arms until legislation is created which forces them to stop allowing them (like the Patriot Act did for banking).

@Aguero - I tested what the OP was talking about myself using Batch Purifier. Everything is wiped except for the computer info. Changing user accounts will naturally change the image's directory but to change the "computer name" field, I think you'd have to transfer the photos to another computer.

I can't agree more on your theory. Three sellers got banned a while back, all of them registered new accounts that share the same last name, same zip codes, same listing titles and description and eBay didn't take any action whatsoever.

eBay bans sellers because it has to (e.g: to avoid lawsuits from rights owners...etc), but they keep loopholes because at the end of the day they want to make commission of every sale on the platform (which works out well for everyone).

About Amazon, keep in mind that for every high there is a down. They are acting arrogantly at god level for now. I wonder how long will it until the government dissolute Amazon just like it did with Standard Oil.
Old 08-27-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 33%

Thank you all
Old 08-27-2018

I searched the forums about this question. I will allow myself to quote BiN4RY :

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
No, I'm telling you to not worry about the file properties, because they're not actually written within the files themselves.

These settings are managed by the local operating system and are not transmitted when you upload the file to eBay.
Here is the old thread - https://www.aspkin.com/forums/etsy-d...-accounts.html

It seems that cleaning the metadata with Batch Purifier is enough and safe, uploading them from the same PC is not an issue.

Last edited by Aguero; 08-27-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-27-2018

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
1) Easiest way would be to drag and drop them from your old user account to your new user account. Computer -> Local Disk C: -> Users. Select your old user account, find your photos, then drag them into your new user account.

2) In my experience, that's enough. I've heard people say eBay uses AI to detect the same images across multiple accounts but that's total nonsense.

3) Yes, that's right. Batch Purifier isn't able to remove that part. It's never caused an problems for me and I frequently re-use photos. If you re-name all of your JPEG's + run them through Batch Purifier I can almost guarantee you'll have no problems.
While I don't think ebay has an AI to look for the same photos, I do think that PEOPLE might notice the same photos. Or your competitor will notice the same photos.

It's one thing I've always been worried about.