Indefinitely suspended but stores still open. How to avoid recurring charges? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-11-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Indefinitely suspended but stores still open. How to avoid recurring charges?

Pretty pissed.

Not only did all my accounts (linked) get shut down, but 3 out of 5 of them had store subscriptions.

Weirdly, only 1 of the 3 stores actually had the active listings stay in tact. They did not remove them. I don't understand this. However, the account is still limited and I can not list any new items or replenish inventory. The listings do not renew either. This account had a premium store subscription $59.99 a month (could this have something to do with it since the other 2 were basic subscriptions?).

Couple of questions from a noob:

- I stupidly paid an outstanding balance on one of them thinking that perhaps would get the listings back. Nope. Just $150 dollars down the drain

- If the other 2 store accounts were completely wiped clean, will I have to worry about store subscriptions auto charging/renewing every month?

- On the premium store subcription account (59.99 a month), it tells me there will be a 200+ dollar early termination fee if I quit the subscription now. WHAT?? Obviously I haven't done it yet, but this is ridiculous considering this account has been limited by ebay and I can no longer add new inventory or do anything.

Is there anything I can do to avoid paying? Changing the registered paypal email on the account so that it bills an incorrect one?

Also, if Ebay does not recoup these fees, is there any way that they can manually charge a previously registered paypal email on their own? Do they have authority to do this?

Lastly, can they go thru debt collectors to acquire this money if you haven't paid off outstanding balances for an extended period of time?

Thanks all for the replies.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-13-2018

Longevity: 38%
Default Re: Indefinitely suspended but stores still open. How to avoid recurring charges?

I have been in the same position when my personal eBay account was restricted as per eBay. The subscription to my store kept running and I incurred approximately 120 USD in fees although I could not sell any items, which is ridiculous.

Solution: If these accounts are in your name, do the following. Call eBay and advise them you are being charged monthly and would like to terminate not due to your own fault but due to eBay restricting your account. They will reimburse you via PayPal. This is what I did.
I hope this helps.
TheRealist
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealist For This Useful Post:
sleeplessontheweb (09-17-2018)
Old 09-13-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Indefinitely suspended but stores still open. How to avoid recurring charges?

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessontheweb View Post

Also, if Ebay does not recoup these fees, is there any way that they can manually charge a previously registered paypal email on their own? Do they have authority to do this?

Lastly, can they go thru debt collectors to acquire this money if you haven't paid off outstanding balances for an extended period of time?

Thanks all for the replies.
1. If paypal is limited, eb cannot take fees from it. They cannot "manually" charge a pp account.

2. Yes they can do through debt collectors and affect your credit if they have your info on file, sadly
Old 09-17-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealist View Post
I have been in the same position when my personal eBay account was restricted as per eBay. The subscription to my store kept running and I incurred approximately 120 USD in fees although I could not sell any items, which is ridiculous.

Solution: If these accounts are in your name, do the following. Call eBay and advise them you are being charged monthly and would like to terminate not due to your own fault but due to eBay restricting your account. They will reimburse you via PayPal. This is what I did.
I hope this helps.
TheRealist
Thank you. Really helpful. I have about 80 dollars worth of incoming charges coming so I guess I shall call them. Just ridiculous.
Old 09-17-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

1. If paypal is limited, eb cannot take fees from it. They cannot "manually" charge a pp account.

2. Yes they can do through debt collectors and affect your credit if they have your info on file, sadly
Unfortunately my paypal is healthy and not limited. But I think I shall give the phone method a shot. I REFUSE to keep paying 80 a month for something I am not getting any use out of.