Do Socks5 proxies work just as well as a VPN with a dedicated IP address? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-18-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Do Socks5 proxies work just as well as a VPN with a dedicated IP address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I think a lot of how long a proxy lasts will depend on where you get them from. My provider will let me keep my socks for as long as I like, so long as I pay my fees to retain them. I have yet to have any pulled out from under me. In fact, I have been using some of the ip's for up to 2.5 years already. They are SOCKS4/5/https and are a mix of datacenter & residental ip's. They are non-detectable as proxy by sites such as whoer.com.
I rarely get a bad one, as my eBay & PayPal have yet to have any issues.
I also don't use a crappy proxy either. Cheap isn't always your best option. You get what you pay for.
which proxy provider are you using?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2018

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Do Socks5 proxies work just as well as a VPN with a dedicated IP address?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
He's saying they only last for a short period of time, and if you use a **** proxy, that is true.
my bad, I guess you bought some created proxies......technically yes....they will last just as long as VPN.....

I was talking about a different type of situation.......
Old 09-19-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by @MasterNaster View Post
which proxy provider are you using?
PM'd you privately.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
@NasterXchange (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
PM'd you privately.
can you please pm me? Thanks!
Old 11-20-2018

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Did you use IPBurger? It's one of the best and cheapest ones I know of.
Cheapest?? Are you joking?

Buying a month of IPBurger is $30/month--more than ten times expensive as a proxy.

The lowest price at IPBurger is $100/year but you have to pay for the year upfront, which doesn't make sense when it comes to Paypal (your your account may get limited at any point).

Going with IPBurger just makes a limit hurt more. More than once I've had an account get limited, and I still had 9 months left on ipburger (that's an extra $90 gone for each account).

You can get proxies for $1.50/month that work just as well as ipburger.
Old 11-20-2018

Longevity: 32%

I've successfully used some dedicated U.S. ipV4 proxies to setup eBay and PayPal accounts, after carefully configuring the Windows user account and the browsers to show a matching system time and language, prevent Web RTC IP leaks, disabling Java, Flash, etc. When doing checks on them via Whoer.net and 2ip.io, they show no indication of any type of proxy or anonymization being used. However, not every single one of them bought from the same Russian Proxy vendor for $1.26 per month can actually connect to PayPal or eBay. It seems to be sort of luck of the draw.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adc For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (11-21-2018), nickopedia (11-21-2018), topadog (05-21-2019)
Old 11-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainbuster View Post
Cheapest?? Are you joking?

Buying a month of ipburger is $30/month--more than ten times expensive as a proxy.

The lowest price at ipburger is $100/year but you have to pay for the year upfront, which doesn't make sense when it comes to Paypal (your your account may get limited at any point).

Going with ipburger just makes a limit hurt more. More than once I've had an account get limited, and I still had 9 months left on ipburger (that's an extra $90 gone for each account).

You can get proxies for $1.50/month that work just as well as ipburger.
Alright....relax.
1)VPN's and Proxies are not the same thing.
2)Finding good VPN's and Proxies is not always easy, there are a ton of **** Proxies and VPN's out there.
3)Some people are not tech savvy and want what is easiest for them to use.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
minhtr (09-17-2019)
Old 11-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Here's the thing with SOCKS or http proxies:

1) It's tricky to find one that is not SHARED or over used/abused. Like a good VPN service, it takes trial and error.

2) Cheapest isn't always better. In fact, the cheaper or more well known the service, the WORSE the IP's are liklely to be.

The best route, if your a bit tecvch savvy of course is to create your own proxy/vpn from a PRIVATE pool of IP's that ONLY you yourself use, and have access to.

The dirty secret is that many SOCKS proxies are shared with other users. They are not private and that's going to cause you issues.
Old 11-21-2018

Quote:
Here's the thing with SOCKS or http proxies:

1) It's tricky to find one that is not SHARED or over used/abused. Like a good VPN service, it takes trial and error.

2) Cheapest isn't always better. In fact, the cheaper or more well known the service, the WORSE the IP's are liklely to be.

The best route, if your a bit tecvch savvy of course is to create your own proxy/vpn from a PRIVATE pool of IP's that ONLY you yourself use, and have access to.

The dirty secret is that many SOCKS proxies are shared with other users. They are not private and that's going to cause you issues.

The same can happen also to VPN.
VPN are easier detectable than Proxies, except you use any Obsfucation method. However eBay and Paypal never said, you cannot use a VPN with their Service, because they are many legitimate reasons why you might use a VPN. So both should work or fail, depending on many many other factors.
Old 11-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

A VPN or proxy is nothing more than a BRIDGE to a remote network.

It's simply a method of getting from YOUR computer/network to some other network with it's respective IP pool.

What matters here isn't so much the technology (VPN/SOCKS/http) "transport" but the IP ADDRESSES at the remote network itself.

I choose to use IP addresses no one except me has access to. This is MY own private block. I know for a fact they are clean, never used previously, and not on any blacklists, abuse, or proxified lists. Sites like whoer.net and other tests show these IP's as a non-proxy, etc.

There are some good SOCKS providers who give you such clean space, but cost a slight premium. Unfortuantely a lot of the cheaper proxy sellers use SHARED pools, and that is going to potentially be dangerous for eBay or PayPal use.

Last edited by nickopedia; 11-21-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-28-2018

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
PM'd you privately.
Can you p.m me the proxy provider that you use? Thanks
Old 01-08-2019

Quote:
A VPN or proxy is nothing more than a BRIDGE to a remote network.

It's simply a method of getting from YOUR computer/network to some other network with it's respective IP pool.

What matters here isn't so much the technology (VPN/SOCKS/http) "transport" but the IP ADDRESSES at the remote network itself.

I choose to use IP addresses no one except me has access to. This is MY own private block. I know for a fact they are clean, never used previously, and not on any blacklists, abuse, or proxified lists. Sites like whoer.net and other tests show these IP's as a non-proxy, etc.

There are some good SOCKS providers who give you such clean space, but cost a slight premium. Unfortuantely a lot of the cheaper proxy sellers use SHARED pools, and that is going to potentially be dangerous for eBay or PayPal use.
Saw you PM'ed the other guy your proxy provider, was wondering if you could do the same and PM me it aswell?
Old 01-08-2019

Longevity: 57%

I use IPvanish, I can always use the same IP for my accounts and it is fast, I have been using that software for years now. You can pick the country you like as well as the city you want inside the country, coming very close to where you want it to be.
Old 01-08-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB1976 View Post
I use IPvanish, I can always use the same IP for my accounts and it is fast, I have been using that software for years now. You can pick the country you like as well as the city you want inside the country, coming very close to where you want it to be.
Try making an ebay account in the US with IPVanish.....then get back to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (01-09-2019)
Old 01-08-2019

nearly all vpns have high risk score so makes more sense to use proxy for many reasons
The Following User Says Thank You to Stealth1738 For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (01-09-2019)
Old 01-09-2019
Executive [VIP]

Sorry to disappoint anyone PM'ing me about what provider I use, but as I've said, I am using a PRIVATE pool of addresses which is not for sale to the public. In other words, I own the network in that case and don't resell to anyone.

The point is, if everyone knows about a provider that's good for eBay or PayPal, it would get burned out quickly. Don't think for a second that eBay and PayPal employees arn't lurking here. I'm nearly 100% sure they buy the same services to study.

Find a smaller webhost that doesn't resell their services, and ask them for test IP's to perform your own lookup tests before you spend your money. Check that providers range and use a blacklisting and IP reputation tools (many are found online) for starters. This takes a little research, but it's worth it in the long term. If you're lazy and just want a quick provider that works, use IPBurger or 24vc. One reason they are recommended here is because these providers do thier own research for IP's before giving them to customers. That's the whole point of a Fresh IP.

Don't use any webhost you have actaully heard of and stay away from big companies like Hostgator, Godaddy, or Amazon AWS. Chances are, if you have heard the name before it's not a good choice for IP's.

Even better, you can get a residential based proxies, but they are more costly than datacenter IP's because they are using real providers such as Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, Charter, etc. These types of addresses score much better on risk panels for financial sites such as PayPal and banks.
Old 01-09-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth1738 View Post
nearly all vpns have high risk score so makes more sense to use proxy for many reasons
Of course they don't score well... It's because everyone and their uncle is using them. The big ones like Nord, CyberGhost, Hide My Ass, ExpressVPN, IPVanish,, etc are heavily used and abused. Each provider uses the same range of IP's and they are well known to PayPal and eBay.
Old 01-09-2019

Quote:
Of course they don't score well... It's because everyone and their uncle is using them. The big ones like Nord, CyberGhost, Hide My Ass, ExpressVPN, IPVanish,, etc are heavily used and abused. Each provider uses the same range of IP's and they are well known to PayPal and eBay.
Although these VPNs providers are well known and abused sometimes, there are still legitimate reasons to use them. Therefore you can use Paypal normally with any of these VPNs without reasons.
I'm not saying - it's recommend - but I'm just saying you can use them without getting limited (you will get limited for other reasons).
Old 02-01-2019
MU

Longevity: 36%

I purchased IP burger today as lots of members recommend it.
I always got "sorry your last session cannot be completed" when requesting a check since last December 2018.

Experienced member told me that it could be the ip raised security block. Hope IP burger can help me.
Old 03-29-2019

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint anyone PM'ing me about what provider I use, but as I've said, I am using a PRIVATE pool of addresses which is not for sale to the public. In other words, I own the network in that case and don't resell to anyone.

The point is, if everyone knows about a provider that's good for eBay or PayPal, it would get burned out quickly. Don't think for a second that eBay and PayPal employees arn't lurking here. I'm nearly 100% sure they buy the same services to study.

Find a smaller webhost that doesn't resell their services, and ask them for test IP's to perform your own lookup tests before you spend your money. Check that providers range and use a blacklisting and IP reputation tools (many are found online) for starters. This takes a little research, but it's worth it in the long term. If you're lazy and just want a quick provider that works, use IPBurger or 24vc. One reason they are recommended here is because these providers do thier own research for IP's before giving them to customers. That's the whole point of a Fresh IP.

Don't use any webhost you have actaully heard of and stay away from big companies like Hostgator, Godaddy, or Amazon AWS. Chances are, if you have heard the name before it's not a good choice for IP's.

Even better, you can get a residential based proxies, but they are more costly than datacenter IP's because they are using real providers such as Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, Charter, etc. These types of addresses score much better on risk panels for financial sites such as PayPal and banks.
Just a quick question here. Does Paypal look for same subnet users? Can you be tracked like because you are using one small subnet?
Also there was a trick how to check if IP is banned by paypal - check if on ebay "pay with paypal" button is shown. Is there any trick similar now?
Old 03-29-2019

I have been using proxies for two months, they aren't bad, but I can't say they're better than residential IPs, with proxies I get suspended when I list.
Old 03-31-2019

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm50 View Post
I have been using proxies for two months, they aren't bad...with proxies I get suspended when I list.
How can you say "they aren't bad" and then say "I get suspended when I list?"
The Following User Says Thank You to Brainbuster For This Useful Post:
Endlessyas (03-31-2019)