My cousins eBay account got restricted - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-20-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default My cousins eBay account got restricted

Hi again.

Guess what eBay the ****ers just restricted my cousins account to we he wasn’t even selling the same items as me completely different items like garden outside stuff and he contacted them and they told him his account was linked with my eBay account bull s**t.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: My cousins eBay account got restricted

Yeah, there were common details somewhere. Happen all the time unfortunately.
Old 11-20-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Yeah, there were common details somewhere. Happen all the time unfortunately.

He lives at a different address so how come he got blocked it’s weird eBay mother ****er
Old 11-20-2018

Longevity: 37%

So guilt by association? Does eBay restrict people who know someone who got banned? Or do they ban the account due to suspicion that it might be operated by the same person?
Old 11-20-2018
Threadstarter  

Don't know their stupid systems how they work just need to get back and start selling again but I think it's never going to happen with these stealth accounts to..
Old 11-20-2018

Longevity: 44%

did you ever take a portable device around his house or he come around yours and do anything on your accounts from the same house ?,might be a way the ip address got linked if you used each others wifi.
The Following User Says Thank You to quizmaniac For This Useful Post:
Ebay12345 (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Yes I went to his house and he came around mine to and I used his WiFi on my device my iPad that my account got restricted with and he used my WiFi to when he came round mines.
Old 11-21-2018

Longevity: 74%

Because not to use the same ip and same cookies. It’s mentioned in the eBay Stealth Book.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bangduck For This Useful Post:
Ebay12345 (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018
Threadstarter  

I wasn’t aware of this restriction happening to me then and now it’s happened and they have blocked his account down to all because off my stupid ass

I really want to get back on again with a stealth account and I want to give him one to but it looks like it I’m not.

Last edited by Ebay12345; 11-21-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay12345 View Post
Yes I went to his house and he came around mine to and I used his WiFi on my device my iPad that my account got restricted with and he used my WiFi to when he came round mines.
eBay went digging and found the IP commonly shared quite likely :(

What kind of "ebay account bulls**t" were you doing?

Time to learn stealth and teach your cousin stealth
Old 11-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
eBay went digging and found the IP commonly shared quite likely :(

What kind of "ebay account bulls**t" were you doing?

Time to learn stealth and teach your cousin stealth

Well I need to find out how does eBay link accounts first then I can give him one or more.

We both often go to each other’s houses and we use the same internet which means they tracked us down.

And we are being treated like ****in criminals by eBay. So now we want to f**k eBay over with these stealth accounts.

Last edited by Ebay12345; 11-21-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

"f**king eBay over" is not what stealth accounts are made for, and you aren't going to be successful if that's your intent. eBay knows about stealth accounts and they know how to deal with bad sellers who try to defraud eBay.

You can use stealth accounts to peacefully resume your e-commerce career and make some more money. You cannot use stealth accounts to "f**k eBay". You're just going to end up with a lot of money locked up in a Paypal account which you may or may not be able to withdraw after 180 days, if you're going to try using stealth accounts to defraud eBay.
Old 11-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well I need to find out how does eBay link accounts first then I can give him one or more.

We both often go to each other’s houses and we use the same internet which means they tracked us down.

And we are being treated like ****in criminals by eBay. So now we want to f**k eBay over with these stealth accounts.
Don't approach business with a "Fk you platform-used-for-business" model. Doesn't work for the long term.

"we both often go to each other's houses"....yes, a huge link factor
Old 11-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
"f**king eBay over" is not what stealth accounts are made for, and you aren't going to be successful if that's your intent. eBay knows about stealth accounts and they know how to deal with bad sellers who try to defraud eBay.

You can use stealth accounts to peacefully resume your e-commerce career and make some more money. You cannot use stealth accounts to "f**k eBay". You're just going to end up with a lot of money locked up in a Paypal account which you may or may not be able to withdraw after 180 days, if you're going to try using stealth accounts to defraud eBay.

I’m not trying to defraud eBay I was a good ebayer until eBay done this to me and I have tried multiple times to get my original account back but it’s not working. Also I’m not going to use these stealth accounts like a payback revenge im just peed off atm because I can’t find the correct answer how do they link accounts.
Old 11-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I’m not trying to defraud eBay I was a good ebayer until eBay done this to me and I have tried multiple times to get my original account back but it’s not working. Also I’m not going to use these stealth accounts like a payback revenge im just peed off atm because I can’t find the correct answer how do they link accounts.
I get you - it's annoying to see a good account go down because of linking.

There are numerous ways eb can link accounts - again, the sharing of IP "often" as you said is likely the reason in your case.
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Ebay12345 (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018
Executive [VIP]

There are tons of ways they link accounts, with some methods being more obvious than others.

Common billing address, common return address, browser cookies not kept properly separated, etc..

Frankly the chances of you and your cousin being linked solely by a common IP are very slim. I run 2 or 3 accounts on a lot of my VPN connections and it's never caused any of my accounts to be linked. I think there was another commonality between the two accounts that you're overlooking.

Have you ever logged into your account on your cousins device? Or the other way around?
Old 11-21-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
There are tons of ways they link accounts, with some methods being more obvious than others.

Common billing address, common return address, browser cookies not kept properly separated, etc..

Frankly the chances of you and your cousin being linked solely by a common IP are very slim. I run 2 or 3 accounts on a lot of my VPN connections and it's never caused any of my accounts to be linked. I think there was another commonality between the two accounts that you're overlooking.

Have you ever logged into your account on your cousins device? Or the other way around?

I recently started a another thread I don't know if you have seen it few guys are saying on there if I'm based in the UK which I am their is no need for VPN which they recommend. And just to restart my device to factory settings and start with a private browser like Firefox and use different details...

No I haven't logged into his Ebay account ever like I said he comes to my house & i go to his house to and on our devices we connect to each other's broadband and I think that's how Ebay tracked our accounts.

Last edited by Ebay12345; 11-21-2018 at 03:14 PM.