How this guy list 80k items on a new account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-03-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default How this guy list 80k items on a new account?

I found a brand new seller account, 3 days old with 0 feedback, and he was able to list 80k+ items. How is this possible?

Does subscribing to a enterprise plan allow you to list that much immediately on a brand new account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-03-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: How this guy list 80k items on a new account?

It could be he has more than one account and called in to have the same limits from another more estabilished account applied to the new one.

Contrary to what many people think- eBay allows you to have more than one seller account, and in fact has systems in place to allow it. There are tons of legitimate reasons why established sellers would want more than one account.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-04-2018)
Old 12-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
It could be he has more than one account and called in to have the same limits from another more estabilished account applied to the new one.

Contrary to what many people think- eBay allows you to have more than one seller account, and in fact has systems in place to allow it. There are tons of legitimate reasons why established sellers would want more than one account.
Is it possible to have a brand new ebay account with 100k listing without having to call in or having a previous established account?
Old 12-03-2018
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Yep, it's called RNG.

You gotta be very lucky to get it. Or he's had this account forever.

But one thing for sure... that account most likely will get nuked if he keeps it up
Old 12-03-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Yep, it's called RNG.

You gotta be very lucky to get it. Or he's had this account forever.

But one thing for sure... that account most likely will get nuked if he keeps it up
I don't think it's RNG. Because I can get unlimited 1k listing accounts, so this guy must have a method to get 100k listing accounts. The account is only 3 day old. He def knows something that I don't know.
Old 12-04-2018

Longevity: 37%

I don't like selling using two different accounts. Items of nne of the accounts will always have a hard time reaching first page...etc

It's like they have a hidden cap on one of them and won't allow it to sell as good as the other one.

For example, the first account will bring in around 2500 monthly feedbacks. Although the 2nd account has the same number of listings and all its items are listed differently (different pics...etc), it won't bring more than 500-700 feedbacks no matter what I do.

Anyone with similar experience?
Old 12-04-2018
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
I don't like selling using two different accounts. Items of nne of the accounts will always have a hard time reaching first page...etc

It's like they have a hidden cap on one of them and won't allow it to sell as good as the other one.

For example, the first account will bring in around 2500 monthly feedbacks. Although the 2nd account has the same number of listings and all its items are listed differently (different pics...etc), it won't bring more than 500-700 feedbacks no matter what I do.

Anyone with similar experience?

i ll take those numbers any day of the week
Old 12-04-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed View Post
i ll take those numbers any day of the week

I was merely hypothesizing bro

The point is, using two accounts to sell in the same category will only put restraint on the main account. At least that's what I experienced. Maybe others could jump in and tell us how it went down for them.
Old 12-04-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
I was merely hypothesizing bro

The point is, using two accounts to sell in the same category will only put restraint on the main account. At least that's what I experienced. Maybe others could jump in and tell us how it went down for them.
I've had the same experience but reached a different conclusion.

If I list the same thing one two different accounts at the same time with different photos, title, description, one of the listings will usually take off and one will not do so well. I've always attributed that phenomena to there only being so many buyers looking to buy that item. Whichever of the two listings grabs Cassini's attention first shoots up to the top, which doesn't leave much traffic for the 2nd listing.

That's why I don't usually list exactly the same across multiple accounts. Selling variations of the same item across multiple accounts is highly effective in my experience.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I don't think that eBay is realizing that you're listing in the same category on two accounts and then limiting the sales of both. I think it's more like one of the listings naturally gains traction while the other doesn't.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I've had the same experience but reached a different conclusion.

If I list the same thing one two different accounts at the same time with different photos, title, description, one of the listings will usually take off and one will not do so well. I've always attributed that phenomena to there only being so many buyers looking to buy that item. Whichever of the two listings grabs Cassini's attention first shoots up to the top, which doesn't leave much traffic for the 2nd listing.

That's why I don't usually list exactly the same across multiple accounts. Selling variations of the same item across multiple accounts is highly effective in my experience.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I don't think that eBay is realizing that you're listing in the same category on two accounts and then limiting the sales of both. I think it's more like one of the listings naturally gains traction while the other doesn't.
Same experience for me. I wonder if this applies to Amazon as well. Anyone knows?
Old 12-04-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithelps View Post
Same experience for me. I wonder if this applies to Amazon as well. Anyone knows?

Amazon doesn't allow sellers to operate more than one account.
Old 12-05-2018

Longevity: 38%

Nickopedia is talking about a different scenario than the one you guys are hypothesizing about..
Old 12-07-2018

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Contrary to what many people think- eBay allows you to have more than one seller account,
100% correct information, it's allowed and there is no problem in having several accounts
Old 12-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

But its not the safest way to do things since if one of those accounts goes down they all go down.
Old 12-07-2018
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

It used to be that if you wanted to request higher limits on a new or existing account, you could apply the limits from another account(s) you had simply by contacting eBay.

It's kinda the same thing with Credit Card companies. Suppose you have two separate accounts with the same bank; one card with $3000 CL, and another with a $1500 line. With many banks, you can combine each of them into a single card with $4500 on it. Citibank, Capital One, and BofA do this.

But, back to the topic. It's not good practice to combine account as Slokor points out above. Stealth is all about spreading RISK and keeping things separate. It's about continuity and staying up when your other accounts go down.