Is stealth over with Adyen? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-27-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default Re: Is stealth over with Adyen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykong2012 View Post
That is what keeps on going through my mind.
It's goin be kinda like when they forced us to use Paypal. It's all good guys.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-27-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
It's game over for legal stealth or grey area stealth. Obviously, with other peoples info, you can make "Stealth" accounts. Any Adyen process is going to require the name on the bank account and last 4 of SS number. They say right in the process "For your protection, we may verify your identity with a secure third–party service. This information will never be displayed publicly on Etsy. Learn more"

Just go and set up an Esty account. See for yourself. The eBay process will be the exact same almost certainly...I'm not sure how people don't understand this.

I think there will be a huge crackdown on non-USA sellers. We are already seeing some of that right now will PayPays changes. So don't think you can just make a foreign account to bypass SSN info, etc.
FYI, I dont have any US accounts. All my accounts are from my own country. And thankyou for suggesting to try and create an etsy account. I did try it now and since adyen is not operational in my country, Etsy offers PayPal. So I don't need to add banking information. ( so I guess, I should stop worrying?)

Also, for some reason, many people seem to think that they need to have a US ebay account to sell in the US eBay marketplace. I sell on eBay.com without any problems, with my non- US ebay account.

I have a feeling that after adyen is implemented, a lot of US account holders will resort to creating non-US accounts to escape the Adyen nightmare. (Which should work fine, imo. )

Please correct me if i am wrong. Still new to the stealth game and willing to learn.
The Following User Says Thank You to RamzIs For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (06-30-2019)
Old 06-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzIs View Post
FYI, I dont have any US accounts. All my accounts are from my own country. And thankyou for suggesting to try and create an etsy account. I did try it now and since adyen is not operational in my country, Etsy offers PayPal. So I don't need to add banking information. ( so I guess, I should stop worrying?)

Also, for some reason, many people seem to think that they need to have a US ebay account to sell in the US eBay marketplace. I sell on eBay.com without any problems, with my non- US ebay account.

I have a feeling that after adyen is implemented, a lot of US account holders will resort to creating non-US accounts to escape the Adyen nightmare. (Which should work fine, imo. )

Please correct me if i am wrong. Still new to the stealth game and willing to learn.
I just wanted to necro this 3 month old thread and say, this post is spot on. Start creating ebay seller accounts in countries that will not have adyen. You can then sell on ebay.com and just put your location wherever you're shipping from. TONS of chinese sellers, ship from california with china created ebay accounts. Click on their id's sometime, it'll say they signed up from xxxx country. i'm seeing more and more... And if you already have a paypal, paypal doesn't care where your ebay account was from.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (06-30-2019), yankee (07-06-2019)
Old 06-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
I just wanted to necro this 3 month old thread and say, this post is spot on. Start creating ebay seller accounts in countries that will not have adyen. You can then sell on ebay.com and just put your location wherever you're shipping from. TONS of chinese sellers, ship from california with china created ebay accounts. Click on their id's sometime, it'll say they signed up from xxxx country. i'm seeing more and more... And if you already have a paypal, paypal doesn't care where your ebay account was from.

Just to limit the misinformation going around I'd like to point out that managed payments will be worldwide by 2023. That's what eBay has been saying since the beginning and it's been discussed extensively here. The reason they're dragging it out so long is so they can work out the kinks like currency conversion and differing financial laws in the various countries they operate in. Making accounts out of country is a temporary solution that's going to make things way more complicated once Paypal is no longer an option for sellers. You'd be stuck trying to verify an account from a country you don't live in.

The safe way to prepare for running multiple accounts once the transition to managed payments is completed is to start getting EIN's and setting up businesses now. It's perfectly fine to run multiple business accounts and if you start prepping now you'll look like you have established businesses versus LLC's that were formed the day before the managed payments application was submitted.

In short, this isn't etsy and eBay has no intention of letting international sellers continue to use Paypal. They want total control of payments.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 06-25-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-25-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Just to limit the misinformation going around I'd like to point out that managed payments will be worldwide by 2023. That's what eBay has been saying since the beginning and it's been discussed extensively here. The reason they're dragging it out so long is so they can work out the kinks like currency conversion and differing financial laws in the various countries they operate in. Making accounts out of country is a temporary solution that's going to make things way more complicated once Paypal is no longer an option for sellers. You'd be stuck trying to verify an account from a country you don't live in.

The safe way to prepare for running multiple accounts once the transition to managed payments is completed is to start getting EIN's and setting up businesses now. It's perfectly fine to run multiple business accounts and if you start prepping now you'll look like you have established businesses versus LLC's that were formed the day before the managed payments application was submitted.

In short, this isn't etsy and eBay has no intention of letting international sellers continue to use Paypal. They want total control of payments.

What you say does make sense. I have one account on managed payments. I should of done more testing, but since it was my own. I just put in the required information. Next time i am offered managed payments i'll try something else. I was afraid of clicking business because this wasn't a business ebay account, and i didn't want to mess anything up. Next time i'll try it as a business and see what it asks for, and maybe even try to use multiple ebay's with the same information. See if it lets me. I am not sure if that data is being instantly transferred to adyen for processing, or if it's ebay actually doing the processing. So in that case you'd be able to figure out if ebay retains this data and runs matches on it or not. It may be as simple as using one LLC for all accounts.

People need to test to see if stealth name + legit LLC combo works. So far i've not been able to find where i can change the data i signed up with. What if i move? Where does the tax form go to ? etc.. Maybe ebay does retain the data, or perhaps in this early stages, as you mentioned 2023 it is not editable yet. They have to have an option for that. People move and if they miss the IRS form. Or perhaps they'll make it electronic only
Old 06-25-2019

Thanked 1,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Activity: 83%
Longevity: 33%

when a Chinese seller said he is shipping from California,when in fact he is shipping from China,would that screw up his expected delivery date?
A buyer can file item not received after 7 days when it can take up t o 30 days for an item to arrive from China?
Old 06-26-2019

Longevity: 28%

how can we sign up to adyen now in the UK?
Old 06-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf Vapes View Post
how can we sign up to adyen now in the UK?
It's not yet available in UK.

ecommercebytes said some users have been able to apply in Germany but I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere else.
Old 06-26-2019

Longevity: 35%

If you are using other nations accounts, don't you need a VPN or how does that work? Can you just use a hotspot from USA, they don't care?
Old 06-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Yeah, best to use a VPN. If you try selling on a Bulgarian account with an IP address from Tampa you're going to have issues pretty quickly.

I've heard they're OK with CA accounts being accessed from USA IP's after creation (not during creation).. but why risk it?
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (06-30-2019)
Old 06-29-2019

bring it on Paypal are C----!!
Old 06-29-2019

Longevity: 29%
Send a message via Skype™ to bman707

Everyone’s hates Paypal I’ve never had them not like me it’s ebay but then again they never said why I was banned 8 years ago maybe I was a minor idk atleast now they say why the banned you

Fresh Secure US/UK/Canada IP Address : https://secure.ipburger.com/aff.php?aff=191
Old 06-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Does anyone use managed payments? How quickly are deposits, i set one up and i was supposed to have a payout sent on 27th 28th and 29th and so far nothing in my movo on my status it just says "sent" i was worried that the name mismatch might be an issue, anyone know?
Old 06-30-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Does anyone use managed payments? How quickly are deposits, i set one up and i was supposed to have a payout sent on 27th 28th and 29th and so far nothing in my movo on my status it just says "sent" i was worried that the name mismatch might be an issue, anyone know?
No first hand experience but I read on here on another thread that name mismatch would be a problem for fund withdrawals. Please let us know if the money comes through!
Old 06-30-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm using it. It takes an additional day or two after eBay says "We've sent your payout" for the $ to be credited to your bank account. Just like a regular merchant account if you've ever used one.. and also just like Paypal standard withdrawals that can take an extra day or two after they show as "completed" in PP.

I can't say if the name mismatch is causing an issue since the names match up on my account (LLC to LLC), but I would bet $5 that you'll see at least two of those payouts credited to your BA on Monday morning at 9AM EST.
Old 06-30-2019
Banned

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman707 View Post
Everyone’s hates Paypal I’ve never had them not like me it’s ebay but then again they never said why I was banned 8 years ago maybe I was a minor idk atleast now they say why the banned you
Now they tell you why??????????
Old 07-01-2019

Longevity: 29%
Send a message via Skype™ to bman707

Well I just figured they tell people since most know why there banned when they post just got banned on here at least I wouldn’t know personally it’s been a long time since I’ve ever been banned now I have an army of accounts but ayden will change all that a stealth big time.

Fresh Secure US/UK/Canada IP Address : https://secure.ipburger.com/aff.php?aff=191
Old 07-01-2019

Longevity: 36%

Don't worry, whatever they throw at us in the future. I will try my best to figure out a way to help you guys. Plus other members on here.
Old 07-03-2019

Longevity: 53%

Hi guys ! Just back from a break from bay and selling . Been a few years . And I come back to Adyen:0 depressing :( I have heard that it will be similar to how Et ssy is now , so hopefully just another bank account and clever ID ? I hope it will be possible to have a few stealth bays in the future

Hope you guys are all good !

W
Old 07-05-2019

LOL, supplying ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info to PayPal is a crime...
Old 07-05-2019

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drphilofebay View Post
LOL, supplying ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info to PayPal is a crime...
I did and was caught. Paypal literally did not give a F#$#. The rep just said the ID was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and you can get your money in 180 days.

Maybe it is a crime, but nobody seems to care much.
Old 07-05-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
I did and was caught. Paypal literally did not give a F#$#. The rep just said the ID was ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and you can get your money in 180 days.

Maybe it is a crime, but nobody seems to care much.
Doesn't change the fact that it's a crime..