Dropshipping from ebay to ebay? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
Default Re: Dropshipping from ebay to ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
Been doing it for years. just don't input tracking on ebay and message them with tracking number.
ok thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Have you also considered buying it from amazon then sell on eBay? Or vice versa?
I don't want the item to arrive in amazon packaging. That would make it suspicious?
Old 03-04-2019

Thanked 1,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Activity: 79%
Longevity: 33%

many amzn/ebay retail arbitragers on Ebay,so you never know whom you buy from could be asking AMZN to ship to your buyer.
it gets sticky when buyer wants to return the item,it wont be coming back to you or your seller,it would be AMZN .
Then AMZN credits your seller.
Your seller may not know your buyer has returned the item,or realise the refund has to do with your order?
then you go after your seller for item not received,but AMZN tracking shows it has been received. by your buyer.
then you file chargeback with your cc issuer,then your seller shows it has been delivered?
so on and so forth.
is it worth it?
Old 03-04-2019

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
it gets sticky when buyer wants to return the item,it wont be coming back to you or your seller,it would be AMZN .
uh what? Have you ever dealt with returns on eBay at all? They return the item to the address you provide in My eBay, not the address it came from. Just because you drop shipped it has nothing to do with it. In "return address" in My eBay is where it gets sent back to so if its your address, that's where its sent.

There would be an additional step of them sending it to you and you returning it to AMZ or the other eBayer you bought it from but that's it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treysupreme For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (03-04-2019), WEI (03-04-2019)
Old 03-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I don't remember where I read it, but a member on the forum was saying a while ago that it doesn't matter if you're trying to put the same tracking number on two different eBay accounts (as would be the case for eBay->eBay dropshipping where tracking is uploaded by both sellers), it still won't work.

I can't say for sure if that's factual. Anybody want to try?
I know from my own personal experience,you cannot use the same tracking number for different ebay accounts,despite the fact they are both yours.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (03-05-2019), USD (03-04-2019)
Old 03-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I know from my own personal experience,you cannot use the same tracking number for different ebay accounts,despite the fact they are both yours.
Good to know. Thanks
Old 03-04-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by treysupreme View Post
uh what? Have you ever dealt with returns on eBay at all? They return the item to the address you provide in My eBay, not the address it came from. Just because you drop shipped it has nothing to do with it. In "return address" in My eBay is where it gets sent back to so if its your address, that's where its sent.

There would be an additional step of them sending it to you and you returning it to AMZ or the other eBayer you bought it from but that's it.
---------
YOU ARE RIGHT ON,YOUR EBAY RETURN SHIPPING ADDRESS WILL BE THE ADDRESS HE WOULD BE RETURNING TO,NOT AMZN OR YOUR SELLER.
THEN when it comes back to you,you can either relist or return to your seller,and what will his return address be?
amzn or his ?
Old 03-04-2019
Banned

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
many amzn/ebay retail arbitragers on Ebay,so you never know whom you buy from could be asking AMZN to ship to your buyer.
Then AMZN credits your seller.
Your seller may not know your buyer has returned the item,or realise the refund has to do with your order?
then you go after your seller for item not received,but AMZN tracking shows it has been received. by your buyer.
then you file chargeback with your cc issuer,then your seller shows it has been delivered?
so on and so forth.
is it worth it?
You are correct on this. BUT, this won't happen because you will provide your OWN return address. The buyer won't be returning the item back to AMZN without notifying you - and in this case, if they don't want the item, you can simply give your return address.
But what's the worst case scenario? if the buyer won't accept the package. They will decline the delivery, and so the package will be returned back to the amazon warehouse, in which case you have no choice but to take the loss.
Old 03-04-2019
Banned

Longevity: 40%

Oh, I forgot. Nope, it's actually not a loss on your part tho, since you will be refunded by amazon for the returned item/s.
Old 03-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Just sold an item, bought the same item from another listing. I have sent the tracking in a ebay message and just marked the package as shipped on paypal and ebay.
Old 03-23-2019

well,the reason why I said adding the buyer shipping address to your paypal /ebay account so your seller gets seller protection,Paypal will send your seller payment notice and said ship to this address !
someone said adding the buyer address at checkout is good enough,then there is no need to add buyer address to your account,as you could end up with many many ship to address.
as to buying from AMZN and selling on Ebay,many Ebay sellers who have AMZN prime account will copy stock photos from AMZN,open a shop on Ebay and when someone place an order,he will ask AMZN to ship to him as a gift,
these sellers do not make much,and with Ebay retail arbritrage policy,they risk being suspended,or getting a neg from the buyer if buyer finds out he could get it himself on amzn for less.
buying on Ebay and reselling on Ebay has been around since day 1,those items are usually one of a kind and the buyer usually take their own pictures and wait days/weeks before relisting them.
But it wont work on common items where everyone is selling,your price has to be higher and buyers do search for the lowest price.
Old 03-23-2019

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
So you're confirming what I was speculating about, right?

If so that seems really dangerous and I'm starting to understand why so many of your Paypal accounts go down early on. Tracking is critical on a newish account..

LOL nope that is not it, My paypals go down because the trademark items I sell. You know that.
Old 03-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Yeah yeah I know your racket Kajun. We're cool, lol.
Old 03-23-2019

sometimes I will have a buyer bought from 2 different seller accounts(both mine with the same Paypal ACCOUNT),AND I will ship the items together.
but there is only one tracking number,and I cannot upload it to the other ebay account.it said it has already been used.
here is the question,lets say buyer file item not received on the item with no tracking,can I go to resolution center and up load the tracking number,would it give me a message saying this tracking number has been used ?
Old 03-23-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Really! Wow, and there's me thinking the same paypal idea was stupid but shipping them together. Again, wow!
we are allowed 5 email addresses per one Paypal account,so for every Ebay account I have,I add its email address to my paypal account.
There is only one Paypal balance,not 5 balances .
There is nothing wrong doing so,
as to shipping them together,they are similar items ,I have never received any complaint.
Old 03-24-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by USD View Post
Just sold an item, bought the same item from another listing. I have sent the tracking in a ebay message and just marked the package as shipped on paypal and ebay.
did you make any money after fees?