Don't Fall Below Standard! Criminal fees! - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-26-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default Re: Don't Fall Below Standard! Criminal fees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Funny lol I do the opposite. I let them destroy themselves with their low prices, and then buy them out once they are done.
Have to be careful with that since the last men standing will still be your competition and you get bottlenecked by demand with a basement/garage/etc full of inventory!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-26-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Pointing out a grammar mistake is the right thing to do regardless of the circumstances because it helps people learn.

I wasn't trying to insult you or your intelligence. Just pointing out that you used the wrong form of the word. You used "their" in place of "they're."

Heil Thesaurus.
Heil Dictionary.

Thesaurus for synonyms and antonyms!
Old 03-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I thought a lot about it and for grammar I thought thesaurus sounded better than dictionary but I guess that technically was a spelling error so, yeah, Heil Dictionary!
Old 03-26-2019

Grammar crackers for everybody.

Old 03-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Low quality JPEG makes the edges look like cardboard. What's up with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Sunspot144 (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019

Quote:
Low quality JPEG makes the edges look like cardboard. What's up with that.
That's fine more for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunspot144 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Pointing out a grammar mistake is the right thing to do regardless of the circumstances because it helps people learn.

I wasn't trying to insult you or your intelligence. Just pointing out that you used the wrong form of the word. You used "their" in place of "they're."

Heil Thesaurus.
lol but I used it correctly the first time, which shows you I know what the word is, and that it was clearly a mistake. I'm not ignorant, and it didn't help me learn. This is an international site as well, so it's full of poor grammar. I'll call people out for these things, but only when it's needed to show they are no better than the people they are making fun of. But in this situation? It was kinda a waste of a post. No one learned anything.
Old 03-26-2019

Just that grammar crackers are really good.
Old 03-26-2019

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
lol but I used it correctly the first time, which shows you I know what the word is, and that it was clearly a mistake. I'm not ignorant, and it didn't help me learn. This is an international site as well, so it's full of poor grammar. I'll call people out for these things, but only when it's needed to show they are no better than the people they are making fun of. But in this situation? It was kinda a waste of a post. No one learned anything.
If you purchased a black colour tyre and paid by cheque, the text is full of spelling mistakes, however in the UK where the English language started it is correct (also in Canada and the majority of the English speaking world)

Tolerance for suspected grammatical errors should be observed on an international forum as it may not be incorrect in the country of the forum member.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-30-2019)
Old 03-27-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I really couldn't care less about any of that. I come here to make posts and I made a post. Not a big deal.. not everything is an argument.

With that being said, $echo("if you had used it correctly I wouldn't have corrected you. You said "once their done", I said "their shows possession", and now you're typing paragraphs about it. You're wasting posteses too. Sheesh at least one of the many foreigners you mentioned may learn something.")?>

Also, @degsey, this wasn't a regional error at all.

Last edited by phaz0rz; 03-27-2019 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-27-2019

This thread is like watching regurgitated news.
Old 03-29-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
lol -+4% isn't huge if you're selling on ebay. I'm sorry. Just no. Competition on here can wake up one morning and just lower their prices 10% cause they feel like it. Then what? We aren't a brick and mortar. If 4% makes or breaks you, RUN. Go back to your steady income. If you've grown substantially but remain at a 4% breaking point, you haven't become acquainted with the are of online sales. Whoever is selling these things to you, has tho.
I get the feeling that you are a some sort of nerd/loser who claims to know it all.
1) +-4% is huge in any market- go look at any and all industries- Mortgages- real estate- e-comm--- every percent matters as volume grows- consider 1000 pieces charged at +-4%-- Get the point small guy?
2)+-4% has not broken my business, obviously I am expanding beyond the 6 figure mark
3)Get A Life
Old 03-30-2019

Quote:
I really couldn't care less about any of that. I come here to make posts and I made a post. Not a big deal.. not everything is an argument.

With that being said, $echo("if you had used it correctly I wouldn't have corrected you. You said "once their done", I said "their shows possession", and now you're typing paragraphs about it. You're wasting posteses too. Sheesh at least one of the many foreigners you mentioned may learn something.")?>

Also, @degsey, this wasn't a regional error at all.
"posts"...
Old 03-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealist View Post
I get the feeling that you are a some sort of nerd/loser who claims to know it all.
1) +-4% is huge in any market- go look at any and all industries- Mortgages- real estate- e-comm--- every percent matters as volume grows- consider 1000 pieces charged at +-4%-- Get the point small guy?
2)+-4% has not broken my business, obviously I am expanding beyond the 6 figure mark
3)Get A Life
LOL what an amazing insult you got there..... Anyone that has to go to ad hominem attacks has already lost the argument.

No, +-4 isn't huge in every market. Brick and mortar markets? Sure sure. Ebay? Online retail markets? Keep making excuses tho. Such a realist you are....
Old 03-30-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
LOL what an amazing insult you got there..... Anyone that has to go to ad hominem attacks has already lost the argument.

No, +-4 isn't huge in every market. Brick and mortar markets? Sure sure. Ebay? Online retail markets? Keep making excuses tho. Such a realist you are....
I agree 100% especially on fees. I regularly sell at 10-20% off and still double or triple my money.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-30-2019)
Old 03-30-2019

4% of a 20,000 income is 800.

Not likely, but could make/break a little guy.

4% of a 250,000 income is 10,000.

So yea, not a big deal.

Damn, only made 240,000 this year. Lol.
Old 03-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
4% of a 20,000 income is 800.

Not likely, but could make/break a little guy.

4% of a 250,000 income is 10,000.

So yea, not a big deal.

Damn, only made 240,000 this year. Lol.
while it CAN make or break the little guy, all I'm saying is, that you're in the wrong business if it CAN do that. It's way to volatile. The examples he brought up aren't that volatile. Prices don't swing as wildly, overnight. You're not going to have a mortgage company wake up one morning, and undercut everyone. Hell, there are laws on the books, or just rules agreed upon, to prevent that from happening. But on ebay? If you can't survive your competition dropping their price 4% one morning, which is VERY likely, you're in the wrong business.
Old 03-30-2019

Quote:
while it CAN make or break the little guy, all I'm saying is, that you're in the wrong business if it CAN do that. It's way to volatile. The examples he brought up aren't that volatile. Prices don't swing as wildly, overnight. You're not going to have a mortgage company wake up one morning, and undercut everyone. Hell, there are laws on the books, or just rules agreed upon, to prevent that from happening. But on ebay? If you can't survive your competition dropping their price 4% one morning, which is VERY likely, you're in the wrong business.
I dont know, if you start a business with limited resources 4% is a lot. Not everyone starts out with 30k+ at their disposal. When I first started I made nothing every month as profits were reinvested into inventory. Which left me paying the necessities in continuing operations (bills, fees, food) to come out of a shrinking reserve. 4% would have been devastating and really put the hurt on, as time was of the essence.
Old 03-30-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

To be clear, 4% EXTRA over the long run is a HUGE amount of gravy!
Old 03-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspot144 View Post
I dont know, if you start a business with limited resources 4% is a lot. Not everyone starts out with 30k+ at their disposal. When I first started I made nothing every month as profits were reinvested into inventory. Which left me paying the necessities in continuing operations (bills, fees, food) to come out of a shrinking reserve. 4% would have been devastating and really put the hurt on, as time was of the essence.
Yeah, then that person probably should also not fall below standard, if they are hurting that badly and 4% being devastating to them . Once again, wrong business. You don't need $30k to start off, to not go below standard.

With everything going on with your new start up, I bet you tried hard to not get below standard, right?

People can't have it both ways. Be hurt over 4% AND not try hard to not get below standard. I've been below standard. And it was my own damn fault for being lazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
degsey69 (03-31-2019)
Old 03-30-2019

Quote:
Yeah, then that person probably should also not fall below standard, if they are hurting that badly and 4% being devastating to them . Once again, wrong business. You don't need $30k to start off, to not go below standard.

With everything going on with your new start up, I bet you tried hard to not get below standard, right?

People can't have it both ways. Be hurt over 4% AND not try hard to not get below standard. I've been below standard. And it was my own damn fault for being lazy.
You have to actually try at falling below standard with just cases closed by Ebay. Do the right thing like any actual business would and it's not an issue. Biggest weakness of most sellers on here and on ebay in general is they're in it for quick money, not an actual business venture.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sunspot144 For This Useful Post:
james13v (03-30-2019)
Old 03-30-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 38%

Quote:

thats simply not true, 4% is not devastating.
ebays fees are 6%-10%(For store model) PLUS the 4% for below standard. so its not 4% in of itself, its 10%-14% . Now do the numbers. $200k X 10%-14% (not including paypal fees) is $20k-$28k..
come on little guy thought u knew everything, don't forget your common sense when you are typing away...

Anyway, Point is----No one wants to give up 4% on any amount of income...

but you really need a life bro

Last edited by TheRealist; 03-30-2019 at 07:45 PM.