Did I cover my bases buying from my account with an anonymous account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-18-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default Did I cover my bases buying from my account with an anonymous account?

So I went below standard and got restricted but got it un restricted few months ago. I have to do a ton of transactions to get above standard so here’s what I did:
1. Reformatted laptop and re installed operating system.
2. Signed up for Dedicated IP.
3. Go to library and when first setting up computer connect to WiFi and then Downloaded Dedicated IP software.
4. Created new eBay account in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name BUT the phone number is a new phone number I got that I have acces to.
5. Bought a prepaid vanilla card (no ID or social security required)
6. Got a PO Box In my real name (obviously)
6. Purchased items from my real account (that’s below standard) and also messaged myself. I made it a point to keep my personal phone not on me while I’m doing this. It’s back at home.
7. Message my below standard account “hey I’m interested blah blah blah” and have had ongoing correspondence like this for the last month. I only message from the below standard account from my phone signal at home.
8. Buy the items with the new account and it worked fine. Messages the below standard account “please ship all items in one box to make it easy”
9. Ship from a different post office with my real name (so it matches my P.O. Box) but I Do NOT buy the label on eBay since the new account has a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name.
10. Just went and picked up the package with no issues.

I’ve been doing this for a month and have had no issues. I’ve only used this laptop for this. I’ve only connected to eBay from it once already on the Dedicated IP. As for my real account I only access it from the app at home and on my mobile phone (like I always have).

Have I covered all my bases? Thank you In advance for reading all that.

Last edited by msu2661; 03-18-2019 at 06:48 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Did I cover my bases buying from my account with an anonymous account?

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

I'm not a fan of public library IP
Old 03-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Did I cover my bases buying from my account with an anonymous account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

I'm not a fan of public library IP
Thanks for the welcome! I’ve lurked for a while but haven’t posted much. Also to clarify once at the library yes I use their WiFi but I do use a Dedicated IP as well for accessing eBay.
Old 03-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Seems like it worked so far. I think though constant buying from same account will create a issue if not mixed in with lots of other sales.
Old 03-19-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 53%

Seems pretty clean to me.

Maybe personally would've saved the hassle of going to library and formatting the PC.
Just a new IP + virtualbox ir vmware should've done the trick.
Old 03-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Seems like it worked so far. I think though constant buying from same account will create a issue if not mixed in with lots of other sales.
This is what I’ve been thinking lately. All of my correspondsnce looks legit about bulk discounts etc. so I’m thinking of just buying from a few other sellers tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGNAS View Post
Seems pretty clean to me.

Maybe personally would've saved the hassle of going to library and formatting the PC.
Just a new IP + virtualbox ir vmware should've done the trick.
Haha yeah I took a it a little far but wanted to be 100% sure I’m connected to a different WiFi that I’ve never used before since I’m not extremely tech savy.
Old 03-19-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Make sure the dedicated IP provider is a good one as well.
There's so many out there that 99% are junk
Old 03-19-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Make sure the dedicated IP provider is a good one as well.
There's so many out there that 99% are junk
Yes that’s a good point. So even if the dedicated IP I’m using is junk (I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post the name here) what effect could that have? Worst case I’d still be on the library WiFi? Or am I thinking of that wrong?
Old 03-21-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu2661 View Post
Yes that’s a good point. So even if the dedicated IP I’m using is junk (I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post the name here) what effect could that have? Worst case I’d still be on the library WiFi? Or am I thinking of that wrong?
The IP or the IP Range could already be blacklisted by ebay and cause immediate suspension.