How interested or nosy are people in what you do? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: How interested or nosy are people in what you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
Jerry, is that you?!?! You should have taken our money.

Hope the car is holding up fine for you. She's a beaut!
Oh yeah? Tell me the car.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

The only person that know my selling on ebay is my family, dad, mom, and 2 sisters. My mom and dad know that I sopped selling on ebay some time ago. I needed some time to get away from ebay and charged myself, that was over a year ago. Now its time to sell again and get back into ebay stronger than ever.

I once trained my friend's friend on how to sell on ebay when I first started. I told her where to source some items out, even told her about some of my ebay accounts. She was in desperate position to get back on track and find a place to live for her daughter and herself so I felt that I needed to help out somewhat, plus I kinda liked her. And that is where I made the mistake to mix business and pleasure. She went on and copied all of my ebay listings, even some of my own pictures, without my permission and even sourced some of the items that I sold during that time.

In the end I got her 2 ebay accounts banned for too many negative feedback. I never told her the proper method on how to made new stealth accounts. I would assume she tried to make some with the same user profile or same old info. I stopped talking to her and I haven't helped anyone else.

My older sister thinks that I am made of money and always asks me about paying my little sister Lexus off because "I have the money". Last month she asked me for $15k to build a studio apartment in her garage. I would actually do it since its an investment type deal but I have been burned so much in the past. I told her I cant right now, my money in other investments and it will take time sell it or get it.
I dont borrow any money to people anymore since my friend owes me about $22k, I am taking him to court for payment. When it comes to money, people will always be on their best behavior toward you but when you need that money back, people will rarely pay you back.

Last edited by yotano211; 04-17-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-17-2019
over9000

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood of Amazon View Post
So i'm guessing a good majority of the people on this forum are doing well money wise. Working for themselves, working from home, etc. Not saying millionaires but doing better than the average rat race 9 to 5 crowd. So my question is how many of you get constant questions from friends, family and outright strangers about what you do and how you do it? Any stories.

My most outrageous story: Almost 2 years ago I went to buy a car. A lower end exotic car, nothing crazy. So I picked it out with the car salesman while having the usual chit chat, what do you do for a living, do you have a trade in, how's your credit, blah blah, blah. And so we went over to the finance department. My credit is awful and I didn't have a trade-in so quickly the guy was pushing me out the door basically convinced I couldn't afford the car. He told me the down payment "which was substantial" hoping I wouldn't continue wasting his and the sellers time and I told him fine, find me a bank. I provided him my bank statements and I proceeded to wait in the lobby for about an hour. And in that time I was approached by the manager of the sales department. This is a large multi-million dollar dealership that sells new and used cars so this guy isn't exactly broke. So he started asking me questions about Amazon mostly and how he used to dropship and how he got suspended and all that. Asking me what I sell and my suppliers. I told him I couldn't give him that info and I gave him the info of this site and to buy Amazon Ghost and that for less than $100 he can be selling again. So he thanked me and left. On my way out the door with the car several hours later he approached me again and said, hey I really need that info. Me and 2 other partners really want to get into ebay and Amazon again. We are prepared to give you $15k cash for the info. I told him again to go to aspkin forum and he just looked at me in disbelief. Till this day the only people that believe me are my parents, maybe. HAHAHAHA
You profit from the sales of illegal products and steal money from low income people who don't know better. Now you brag about it on the internet. Seriously man that is just disgusting to do to people. Selling Chinese DVDs that are not legal in this country. Don't you care about the people you take advantage of? This is just humiliating for you . I'm sorry but you should be ashamed of what you do to people and the owners of this forum should be ashamed of allowing this kind of douchebaggery in public forums.

Last edited by over9000; 04-18-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000 View Post
You profit from the sales of illegal products and steal money from low income people who don't know better. Now you brag about it on the internet. Seriously man that is just disgusting to do to people. Selling Chinese DVDs that are not legal in this country. Don't you care about the people you take advantage of? This is just humiliating for you and this forum. I'm sorry but you should be ashamed of what you do to people and the owners of this forum should be ashamed of themselves for promoting and allowing this kind of douchebaggery in public forums.
Dude chill out, some of us started selling fofo items until we got banned. Some still sell fofo items and some dont or leave and never sell again.
Old 04-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...tml#post995380
Old 04-17-2019

Longevity: 30%

He said he will give me 15k, so I said no. Guy is on crack.
Old 04-18-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

There are some sellers who burn their own dvds and paste a copy of the label on them,some are hard to find foreign dvds and the price is right.
They dont sell on Ebay or AMZN but some obscure sites.
Buyers do not complain as long as they are good.
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
There are some sellers who burn their own dvds and paste a copy of the label on them,some are hard to find foreign dvds and the price is right.
They dont sell on Ebay or AMZN but some obscure sites.
Buyers do not complain as long as they are good.
I wouldn't have made the comment if I didn't know for a fact it is on eBay where the OP sells. There is a difference in selling fofo and substituting Chinese DVD for USA DVD . that's what this guy does. It is not cool to knowingly do this and then brag about it. I never would have guessed I would have ran into this guy who I have lost $$$ because of on these forums. If you were a victim to this and found the guy mocking you and bragging about scamming you how would you feel?
Old 04-18-2019

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Oh yeah? Tell me the car.
The fact that I remember your name isn't enough?
Old 04-18-2019
Threadstarter  

[QUOTE=DocumentRequest;995428]He said he will give me 15k, so I said no. Guy is on crack.[/QUOom

$15k is garbage money for the information they wanted. With that info they can sell 500k a year or more. So yeah I said no to the 15k. And back then I was making a lot less than I am now so it would be an even easier choice now. Most don't believe me which is fine. I didn't believe it when the guy told me but he was dead serious. I told him to go to Aspkin forum and to save his money.
Old 04-18-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 View Post
The fact that I remember your name isn't enough?
Yeah you got the name wrong that's why i'm asking the car.
Old 04-18-2019

Longevity: 38%

Suuuuurrrrrreeeeeee!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000 View Post
I wouldn't have made the comment if I didn't know for a fact it is on eBay where the OP sells. There is a difference in selling fofo and substituting Chinese DVD for USA DVD . that's what this guy does. It is not cool to knowingly do this and then brag about it. I never would have guessed I would have ran into this guy who I have lost $$$ because of on these forums. If you were a victim to this and found the guy mocking you and bragging about scamming you how would you feel?
What did you lose?
Old 04-19-2019

Longevity: 53%

I just tell people I have several online stores. Sometimes they ask me what I sell and sometimes they don't. I usually just keep it simple and say home and garden, mostly garden. My ultimate goal is to get into rental properties and get out of online sales. I really into the worst house on the block kind of properties.
Old 04-24-2019

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
So i'm guessing a good majority of the people on this forum are doing well money wise. Working for themselves, working from home, etc. Not saying millionaires but doing better than the average rat race 9 to 5 crowd. So my question is how many of you get constant questions from friends, family and outright strangers about what you do and how you do it? Any stories.

My most outrageous story: Almost 2 years ago I went to buy a car. A lower end exotic car, nothing crazy. So I picked it out with the car salesman while having the usual chit chat, what do you do for a living, do you have a trade in, how's your credit, blah blah, blah. And so we went over to the finance department. My credit is awful and I didn't have a trade-in so quickly the guy was pushing me out the door basically convinced I couldn't afford the car. He told me the down payment "which was substantial" hoping I wouldn't continue wasting his and the sellers time and I told him fine, find me a bank. I provided him my bank statements and I proceeded to wait in the lobby for about an hour. And in that time I was approached by the manager of the sales department. This is a large multi-million dollar dealership that sells new and used cars so this guy isn't exactly broke. So he started asking me questions about Amazon mostly and how he used to dropship and how he got suspended and all that. Asking me what I sell and my suppliers. I told him I couldn't give him that info and I gave him the info of this site and to buy Amazon Ghost and that for less than $100 he can be selling again. So he thanked me and left. On my way out the door with the car several hours later he approached me again and said, hey I really need that info. Me and 2 other partners really want to get into ebay and Amazon again. We are prepared to give you $15k cash for the info. I told him again to go to aspkin forum and he just looked at me in disbelief. Till this day the only people that believe me are my parents, maybe. HAHAHAHA
I get this all the time and it's annoying because no one wants to know about you. They just want to know about your business. Once you release the info you're garbage. Knowledge is power. To me it's like cheating on a test by looking over my shoulders. I did the overnight studies, I pay attentions to my teachers and mentors, lost of coffee and no sleep. Why do you get an easy pass with no hard work.

So I have a script for everyone case either family, friends, or strangers. I give them a script or pluck them out of my world. Most people who make millions or 6 figures only associate themselves with people in their tier including family, friends, or strangers. When you sharing info this way is very useful because both benefit from each other success stories. This is more like a study group now. I known people who as they move up the ladder they replace old friends with new friends because the old become haters of the new you.

Last edited by revenge; 04-24-2019 at 10:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to revenge For This Useful Post:
cafonabob (04-24-2019)
Old 04-26-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
My parents don't believe me. After 10 years my dad still tells me to get a real job. I have crap credit too. I've stopped trying to work on it. something always happens to screw things up. I did fully support a family of 5 after my husband became disabled and even homeschooled my stepson with a 147 IQ who now works at home with his own businesses.
Reminds me of when I first started. Now he's doing every gimmick on the internet to earn a quick buck -_-