Unauthorized Item - Competitor reporting? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-06-2019
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Unauthorized Item - Competitor reporting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
when have you started noticing this? Is this a new phenomena or has this been going for years?!!
off n on for past few years
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocool02 View Post
Is it ok if I ask you how do you handle returns for 25 stealth accounts?
Maybe if price of return is too high, just avoid the return and refund? Or use po box for returns similar to a professional business does
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (06-30-2019)
Old 06-08-2019

Longevity: 45%

Does PO Boxes works for different names?
Old 06-29-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Maybe if price of return is too high, just avoid the return and refund? Or use po box for returns similar to a professional business does
just use a generic return name , most post offices aren't crazy, mine has 3 or 4 dba's on it, none of which i had to provide proof they existed, and they are the point they don't care anymore after a few years lol. All my fedex/ups goes to the po box too, i have to wait an extra day to pick it up, but it's all good. I've always had a great relationship with my post offices, i always am respectful, smile and thank them and tell them have a great day/weekend etc.

It helps to be friendly. Just like my mail man, he picks up my stuff daily. Last year i left him a bottle of liquor, he was so happy and he goes out of his way for me, signs for my packages when im not home etc..

Always gotta take care of the people that help you feed the fam.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (06-30-2019), dealagreeproceed (06-29-2019), nickopedia (06-29-2019)
Old 06-30-2019

Thanked 1,110 Times in 1,046 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Is it appropriate to offer them gifts - cash or non cash?
Once I offered cash,the carrier gladly accepted and gave me a small souvenir in return.
Another one refused cash,so I stopped offering any thing.
Old 06-30-2019

I HEARD many AMZN dropshippers on Ebay just refund without asking you to return the item back to AMZN.
Old 06-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Does anyone of you guys think that these recent removals have something to do with Trump targeting and ordering a thorough investigation of the role of eBay and Amazon in providing a platform for counterfeit products?

My gut is telling me eBay and Amazon are trying to clean house before that report is done in early October :-/
Years ago,Tiffany took Ebay to court for false advertising,by allowing counterfeit Tiffany silver trinklets to be sold on Ebay,some even come with the blue dust bag.
After spending millions and years later,the court ruled in favor of Ebay saying it is the manufacturer responsibility to make sure no counterfeits are sold .
Then Tiffany and other brand names come to Ebay and remove listings which they either do it themselves thru Vero or ask Ebay to remove .
Besides Tiffany,names like NIKE,ADIDAS,Louis Vitton,Spade ,Rolex are all active on Ebay.
Ebay even set up rules on Tiffany items,a seller cannot list more than x number of new Tiffany items ,esp if they are based in SE Asia,it is very easy to crank out small silver Tiffany like items like bracelet,pendants and some are even stamped Made in China,there is also a company called Tiffany in China.
Rolex not just remove the item,its lawyer will also send out a letter and a fine,I dont know if anyone has to pay the fine?
Sometimes they could even buy one piece and try to figure where it comes from.
Old 06-30-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Years ago,Tiffany took Ebay to court for false advertising,by allowing counterfeit Tiffany silver trinklets to be sold on Ebay,some even come with the blue dust bag.
After spending millions and years later,the court ruled in favor of Ebay saying it is the manufacturer responsibility to make sure no counterfeits are sold .
Then Tiffany and other brand names come to Ebay and remove listings which they either do it themselves thru Vero or ask Ebay to remove .
Besides Tiffany,names like NIKE,ADIDAS,Louis Vitton,Spade ,Rolex are all active on Ebay.
Ebay even set up rules on Tiffany items,a seller cannot list more than x number of new Tiffany items ,esp if they are based in SE Asia,it is very easy to crank out small silver Tiffany like items like bracelet,pendants and some are even stamped Made in China,there is also a company called Tiffany in China.
Rolex not just remove the item,its lawyer will also send out a letter and a fine,I dont know if anyone has to pay the fine?
Sometimes they could even buy one piece and try to figure where it comes from.
The case was heard in the Second Circuit Tiffany Inc. v. eBay, Inc., 2010 U.S.
This case was noteworthy because as it set precedence that marketplaces are not responsible for if they are not aware goods on their site were counterfeit.

eBay is just being proactive giving manufacturers the ability to remove any listings they deem as infringing. This could be any listing they deem as such. VeRO participants are given a special account that allows them this ability.

TO be clear, the OP is not having issues with a VeRO removal. The removals are being triggered by other means; they are more "policy violations" but for specific items eBay (or some other party) simply does not want sold. This is NOT VeRO, but something else. I too have experienced these take downs myself and understand the OP's problem.
Old 06-30-2019

This case was noteworthy because as it set precedence that marketplaces are not responsible for if they are not aware goods on their site were counterfeit.
-----------------------------
This is why serious money goes to other auction sites .
Old 08-01-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Is it appropriate to offer them gifts - cash or non cash?
Once I offered cash,the carrier gladly accepted and gave me a small souvenir in return.
Another one refused cash,so I stopped offering any thing.
I am oldschool. You always gift your postal carrier every christmas. I don't bribe him,he does a good job and i appreciate it. If they decline, then so be it. i used to work at a store... when offered a tip you decline. but if they offer again you accept, so not to be rude.