Just wanted to share a mistake I made to prevent others from doing it. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-22-2009
webguy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 207
Thanks: 50
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default Just wanted to share a mistake I made to prevent others from doing it.

I just made a mistake which will link one of my stealth account to a suspended account.

I manage 4 accounts right now and I use dial-up for the stealth accounts and broadband for everything else.

Well I switched windows user accounts to go check on one of my stealth accounts and after signing in to the user account instead of switching from broadband to dial-up before doing anything else (which I should have done) I opened Firefox.

Well Firefox saved my last browsing session and automatically signed me into ebay while connected via broadband with a suspended ip address.

Not too bright! But no worries because that account was only a week old and I have 3 more.

I know about setting Firefox to automatically clear cookies after each session, but I had just upgraded to Firefox 3.5.2 and I didn't know that It disabled the feature. It looks to me that this version doesn't even have the option to automatically clear all cookies after each session. It is set up different.

When you are managing multiple accounts you must keep everything well documented and organized and be very careful what you do. I learned this the hard way.

I Wont be doing that again. S**T Happens.

Last edited by webguy; 08-22-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 08-22-2009
TigerLord's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 235
Thanks: 14
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (5)
Default

Yes, it's better to log in to the windows user account and before opening anything verify your IP (or make your homepage IPBurger.com). I have a shortcut on every desktop of every account to my spreadsheet so I can open it quickly and cross-reference IP to make sure it was never used.

Good post for the new guys, live and learn!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TigerLord For This Useful Post:
swalby (10-20-2009), webguy (08-22-2009)
  #3  
Old 08-22-2009
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy View Post
I know about setting Firefox to automatically clear cookies after each session, but I had just upgraded to Firefox 3.5.2 and I didn't know that It disabled the feature. It looks to me that this version doesn't even have the option to automatically clear all cookies after each session. It is set up different.
Tools > Options... > Privacy > [dropdown box] - Use custom settings for history > Check clear history when Firefox closes

..then you can adjust the settings as you like.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2009
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Do you need to clear cookies if you login to a different windows user account?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-22-2009
TigerLord's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 235
Thanks: 14
Thanked 36 Times in 27 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nejidoreb View Post
Do you need to clear cookies if you login to a different windows user account?
No, and it's actually much more desirable to use windows user accounts and not delete cookies.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-22-2009
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,360
Thanks: 37
Thanked 57 Times in 48 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (4)
Default

did you actually get suspended?


Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy View Post
I just made a mistake which will link one of my stealth account to a suspended account.

I manage 4 accounts right now and I use dial-up for the stealth accounts and broadband for everything else.

Well I switched windows user accounts to go check on one of my stealth accounts and after signing in to the user account instead of switching from broadband to dial-up before doing anything else (which I should have done) I opened Firefox.

Well Firefox saved my last browsing session and automatically signed me into ebay while connected via broadband with a suspended ip address.

Not too bright! But no worries because that account was only a week old and I have 3 more.

I know about setting Firefox to automatically clear cookies after each session, but I had just upgraded to Firefox 3.5.2 and I didn't know that It disabled the feature. It looks to me that this version doesn't even have the option to automatically clear all cookies after each session. It is set up different.

When you are managing multiple accounts you must keep everything well documented and organized and be very careful what you do. I learned this the hard way.

I Wont be doing that again. S**T Happens.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-23-2009
Burst's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,021
Thanks: 20
Thanked 116 Times in 73 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Ive noticed firefox saving some of my last sessions lately for no reason. Im just glad that the IP address is always different for each user account regardless.
__________________
Keys open doors.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-23-2009
webguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 207
Thanks: 50
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default

To: nobody999

No, I haven't been suspended yet but I am at least expecting a limitation which I am prepared for.

I don't think they flat out suspend you for logging in with a suspended ip (not always anyway) unless you login with cookies from the suspended account as well, or they match something else on the new account to the suspended account.

You should defiantly expect to get a limitation if this happens. You then have to verify all your information.

When creating a stealth account always use info you can verify later if needed. (If possible)

I am just leaving this one alone for now and moving on to another one.

I'll let you know if it gets taken down.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-23-2009
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,360
Thanks: 37
Thanked 57 Times in 48 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burst View Post
Ive noticed firefox saving some of my last sessions lately for no reason. Im just glad that the IP address is always different for each user account regardless.
do you change your ip address everytime? or it it a Static IP addddress for each user account?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-23-2009
webguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 207
Thanks: 50
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I use dial up to manage 4 accounts. Each one is on a different windows user account.

I use broadband with a suspended dynamic ip for everything else. I have changed it before and it changed back to the old IP automatically one day after a storm without me knowing resulting in another Paypal and eBay limitation.

I plan to get mobile broadband very soon though because dial up is driving me crazy. It's not that I'm that impatient it's just that I could be getting 3 times as much done.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-24-2009
Isparana's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 71
Thanks: 26
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I will be un-plugging my computer each time before I log onto e-bay. My understanding is that my IP address will change each time. Am I correct?

I am getting ready to put the pieces together for my stealth account.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-24-2009
inverser's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 351
Thanks: 9
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Useful thread. This is exactly why I use different browsers!
__________________
SPACER
Heights by great men reached and kept
Were not obtained by sudden flight,
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-25-2009
webguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 207
Thanks: 50
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Angry Account is now suspended

I woke up this morning to find that account is now suspended pending further identity verification.

Last edited by webguy; 08-25-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-25-2009
webguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 207
Thanks: 50
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isparana View Post
I will be un-plugging my computer each time before I log onto e-bay. My understanding is that my IP address will change each time. Am I correct?

I am getting ready to put the pieces together for my stealth account.
It all depends. Just unplugging your PC wont do anything you must unplug your modem and that doesn't always work. Search the forum for "how to change my ip address"

Just use whatismyip.com to check.

Last edited by webguy; 08-25-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to webguy For This Useful Post:
Isparana (08-25-2009)
  #15  
Old 08-28-2009
Isparana's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 71
Thanks: 26
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default

thanks, I do use whatismyip and it does change everytime i un-plug and re-plug.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-28-2009
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,360
Thanks: 37
Thanked 57 Times in 48 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy View Post
I woke up this morning to find that account is now suspended pending further identity verification.
keep us posted if you get it unlimited
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-28-2009
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 504
Thanks: 32
Thanked 72 Times in 56 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (2)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isparana View Post
..... it does change everytime i un-plug and re-plug.
What internet service do you use? Dial-up, DSL or Cable ... ?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-28-2009
Isparana's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 71
Thanks: 26
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I have DSL and I use Yahoo with the Mozilla at the ready.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-29-2009
Vicvelcro
 
Posts: n/a
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default

With the DSL, you can just reset the modem to get a new IP. You don't have to shut down the entire computer.

If your DSL is provided by AT&T or SBC via Yahoo, you should be aware that when the new IP is assigned, your ISP still knows it is you - thus Yahoo knows it is you. If you use a caching toolbar or plugin or if you use Google internet speeder upper (whatever they call it from day to day), changing your IP and even masking your cookies won't help. The cached data via the service will still give you away.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Isparana (08-29-2009)
  #20  
Old 08-29-2009
Isparana's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 71
Thanks: 26
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Even if I go through Mozilla FF ?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-29-2009
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 504
Thanks: 32
Thanked 72 Times in 56 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
iTrader: (2)
Default

It has nothing to do with what browsers you use. Your ISP knows where you are, who you are conntecting to and what information is being downloaded & sent through their network (assuming you don't have a VPN/encrypted tunnel setup between your PC and the other endpoint). Some ISP's actually block certain content that may be illegal(ie. torrents).
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-29-2009
Isparana's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 71
Thanks: 26
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (0)
Default

My head is spinning.... I'm told using Mozilla FF is safe and will delete what is traceable. But I am understanding that if they want to dig FBI/CIA deep they can. From what I've read ebay won't work that hard.

All info is good info...
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This is insane because of mistake I made ILovePaypalNOT Subscriber Discussions 19 07-14-2009 12:49 PM
Prevent yourself being suspended by others? xemnao eBay Suspensions 3 01-17-2009 04:08 PM
Prevent suspension Superpak Subscriber Discussions 2 04-25-2008 08:41 PM
Help Stupid Mistake westcoastdon eBay Suspensions 3 04-01-2008 01:17 AM
How to Prevent PayPal linking paralax eBay Discussion! 8 03-23-2008 09:22 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58