MC011 on Top Rated 15 Y/O Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-14-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 26%
Default MC011 on Top Rated 15 Y/O Account

I am a top rated seller who’s been selling on eBay since 2003. I’ve been selling heavily since 2007 ($300K-$600K gross per year). Always the same stuff (iPhones/iPads) with some other random stuff sprinkled in. Never had an issue. I have not had particularly busy month or year, just pretty normal. This year is not going to be more than $350K in gross which is obviously nowhere near my high of $600K in 2013.

On Monday I got hit with MC011 saying I’d been restricted and they needed tracking info for items sold. This floored me because as a top rated seller, I always add tracking immediately and its always delivered. Only thing I could think of is I have had A LOT of buyers (15 or so within the last month on 45 sales) ask to cancel transactions and only a few actually used the cancel transaction request. Most just sent the message requesting to cancel.

Anyway I responded to the email stating all the tracking is present within the item and they can/could review it as needed. I just heard back this morning and now they want invoices for items sold.

This presents a difficulty because I buy pretty much everything I sell either on eBay (90%) or locally. Basically I turn what I’m buying on eBay in to what I sell on eBay after I get Apple to fix or replace whatever is wrong with it. I mean eBay can see that I’m buying Apple stuff and selling Apple stuff on the same account.

Do I try to explain that and add PayPal receipts from eBay purchases or do I get invoices?

Also, in the reply they sent today the email said “thank you for resolving the cases and getting back to us” but I didn’t have any cases to resolve. Again, I’ve been top rated for 7 years or so. I resolve issues quickly and always add tracking so I’m not sure what they meant by “cases.”

Frustrating part is I can’t talk to anyone at eBay specifically about this issue. I get trust and safety but they’re not native English speakers (not a problem but also somewhat of a language barrier) and they say their “back office team” doesn’t take phone calls and to just reply to emails.

Any advice? I feel like the truth is the best way to handle this but I’m also concerned they won’t accept my buying history as proof of goods.

Last edited by TGMT²; 09-15-2019 at 12:11 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2019
Subscribed [VIP]

Default Re: MC011 on Top Rated 15 Y/O Account

Bumped. Following.
Old 09-15-2019

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctobersVeryPwn View Post
I am a top rated seller who’s been selling on eBay since 2003. I’ve been selling heavily since 2007 ($300K-$600K gross per year). Always the same stuff (iPhones/iPads) with some other random stuff sprinkled in. Never had an issue. I have not had particularly busy month or year, just pretty normal. This year is not going to be more than $350K in gross which is obviously nowhere near my high of $600K in 2013.

On Monday I got hit with MC011 saying I’d been restricted and they needed tracking info for items sold. This floored me because as a top rated seller, I always add tracking immediately and its always delivered. Only thing I could think of is I have had A LOT of buyers (15 or so within the last month on 45 sales) ask to cancel transactions and only a few actually used the cancel transaction request. Most just sent the message requesting to cancel.

Anyway I responded to the email stating all the tracking is present within the item and they can/could review it as needed. I just heard back this morning and now they want invoices for items sold.

This presents a difficulty because I buy pretty much everything I sell either on eBay (90%) or locally. Basically I turn what I’m buying on eBay in to what I sell on eBay after I get Apple to fix or replace whatever is wrong with it. I mean eBay can see that I’m buying Apple stuff and selling Apple stuff on the same account.

Do I try to explain that and add PayPal receipts from eBay purchases or do I get invoices?

Also, in the reply they sent today the email said “thank you for resolving the cases and getting back to us” but I didn’t have any cases to resolve. Again, I’ve been top rated for 7 years or so. I resolve issues quickly and always add tracking so I’m not sure what they meant by “cases.”

Frustrating part is I can’t talk to anyone at eBay specifically about this issue. I get trust and safety but they’re not native English speakers (not a problem but also somewhat of a language barrier) and they say their “back office team” doesn’t take phone calls and to just reply to emails.

Any advice? I feel like the truth is the best way to handle this but I’m also concerned they won’t accept my buying history as proof of goods.
I don't know about ebay. But I passed Paypal invoice / business plan checks doing just this. I source some of my goods on ebay, locally and other places. So I provided a mix of paypal receipts and actual invoices and it passed.

Just be honest. Any one with half a brain can see what you are doing is fine.

And you are right. The sudden spike in refunds is what triggered it. Anything out of the ordinary of your routine triggers merchant checks.

My check was triggered by my paypal going in to a negative balance.

Last edited by james_112233; 09-15-2019 at 05:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
james13v (09-17-2019)
Old 09-15-2019

Longevity: 28%

i think it has something to do with the 15 cancellations, i also got rated lower on ebay after i canceled some purchases

15 out of 45 is pretty high(33%), what is your average %?

and how about the customers who requested the cancellations?

are these new ebay accounts or do they live in the same state?
Old 09-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Business consultation kind of thread - get multiple stealth accounts going and rotate

Can only keep appealing at this point it seems
Old 09-15-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

15 cancellations out of 45 is too high,you should block these bidders/buyers.
It looks like you are not the only one who knows how to buy on Ebay and resell on Ebay,these jokers are reselling your products somewhere,either Ebay or other sites.
If Ebay still have this hi value customer service,you should reach out to them,hi value is for sellers who sell item $1k or more.
There is nothing wrong with what you are doing,buying on Ebay,fix it up and resell them on Ebay.those responses you are getting sound like canned response.

you can block buyers with zero or negative feedback or low feedback

what reason did you give when you cancel those orders?

I just read Ebay agreements amended,there is something to say about top rated sellers and cancelled orders,if seller is out of stock or ??,15 out of 45 in a short time is going to impact his standing.
I am surprised he does not know what the other sellers do when they are out of stock or dot want to sell at low price ,they just choose the reason -buyer request cancellation/or buyer address is invalid ,it pisses off the buyers but it does not make the seller look bad in his rating

15/45 triggered some software landmine,
wait till Monday when the US customer service staff is back.
This may be off topic,one of the complaints third party AMZN sellers have against AMZN is the way they are treated,since APPL is selling on AMZN,AMZN has removed/hide the third party sellers who sell refurbished and used APPL products on AMZN.

wonder why buyers cancelled their orders,APPL products are popular .
I have 3 ipods,one is nano from AAPL site,then 2 more on EBay,one is a European version,brand new and work fine,another one is used with a cracked screen,works fine.

Ebay seller forum is manned by several Ebay reps,you can also go to their FB or Twitter site and ask,

Last edited by TGMT²; 09-15-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
15 cancellations out of 45 is too high,you should block these bidders/buyers.
Yeah and I do block them. In hindsight I should have asked them to use the cancel transaction request feature but I honestly thought I was just doing what the customer wanted and saving everyone time. If eBay took the time to look through my messages they could see the requests.

I feel like I got caught by a computer metric and now I need a real person to look at my account to see how silly this is. But I'm stuck with automated responses.

When I spoke to a tier 2 trust and safety (the night I got the first email) person she told me it seems like the cancels would be the issue but she didn't know. But she looked at my account and honestly seemed surprised. She flat out stated "your account is really impressive for a long time. If it were up to me I'd turn your account back on right now because this makes no sense."

So y'all think just replying to the email with "look at my buying history, this is what I'm doing" is the best move? Its a 3500+ feedback account that I can still use for buying (and has $500 in eBay bucks I'll get first week of October) so I don't want them to kill the account entirely if I respond and they like my response.

Is calling customer service till I get someone high enough up to actually look at my account an option?
Old 09-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Mc011 is the new thing this month and last few actually.You need to immediately upgrade t an anchor store and then you get like a private rep if this business means what you say it means and profits are your livelihood then upgrade and get your personal ebay contact involved to solve this FAST.

For my own curiosity. Are you getting scans the same day everytime ? I've had 2 of these in the last month with the same BS and of course like you, i always meet my handling time, but in my case the post office hasn;t been scanning packages on pickup.

Last edited by HurricaneHuntr; 09-15-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-15-2019

Longevity: 36%

When you canceled the orders, did you select "buyer request cancelation"?
Old 09-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

If you really did have 15 orders cancelled in the last 45 orders, that's a whopping 33% cancel rate.

I can see why eBay would hit the account with an MC011. No account would be immune to such a rate of cancels, even one that is TRS and 20+ years old with millions of feedbacks on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
When you canceled the orders, did you select "buyer request cancelation"?
Yes, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Mc011 is the new thing this month and last few actually.You need to immediately upgrade t an anchor store and then you get like a private rep if this business means what you say it means and profits are your livelihood then upgrade and get your personal ebay contact involved to solve this FAST.
The anchor store will get me a private rep? I'm down to upgrade for sure but just want to be clear because I don't see that in the description of the Anchor Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
For my own curiosity. Are you getting scans the same day everytime ? I've had 2 of these in the last month with the same BS and of course like you, i always meet my handling time, but in my case the post office hasn;t been scanning packages on pickup.
I use UPS. Getting scans normally without issue.

Last edited by OctobersVeryPwn; 09-16-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2019

Longevity: 69%

Cell phone buyers on eBay are completely and utterly retarded. In the future don't cancel. Relist and give unpaid item strike. I don't even respond to eBay messages anymore (iPhone 7+ 32GB Black)..... what color is it? How many GB. Cell phone buyers on eBay are the stupidest people imaginable. There is no other category like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
If you really did have 15 orders cancelled in the last 45 orders, that's a whopping 33% cancel rate.

I can see why eBay would hit the account with an MC011. No account would be immune to such a rate of cancels, even one that is TRS and 20+ years old with millions of feedbacks on it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cafonabob For This Useful Post:
digirally (09-16-2019), JackedYoshi (09-23-2019), nickopedia (09-17-2019), prodigyace (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019

Ebay could have suspected you are trying to sell outside Ebay.
Did you call this morning,US reps come to work on Monday.
also several eBAY reps are active on Ebay seller forum,
Old 09-16-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafonabob View Post
Cell phone buyers on eBay are completely and utterly retarded. In the future don't cancel. Relist and give unpaid item strike. I don't even respond to eBay messages anymore (iPhone 7+ 32GB Black)..... what color is it? How many GB. Cell phone buyers on eBay are the stupidest people imaginable. There is no other category like it.
they are bottomfeeders or flippers,listing your items on FB and hope to make a few bucks.
Old 09-16-2019

Longevity: 37%

eBay thinks you cancelled the orders because you don't have inventory you're selling in your possession. They think you are dropshipping.

I have read many stories about the MC011 being lifted and accounts getting reinstated.

Get on the phone with the right person and explain yourself, be nice & calm and hope for the best.

Good luck!
Old 09-16-2019

Longevity: 48%

Drop shipping is not illegal on ebay
Old 09-16-2019

retail arbitrage is not allowed,but dropshiping is ok,
some consignors do not have the item,they expect the consignee to do the shipping.
But OP has the items and ship UPS and upload tracking timely,it is not dropshipping it is the 15 cancellations.
Old 09-17-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
retail arbitrage is not allowed,but dropshiping is ok,
some consignors do not have the item,they expect the consignee to do the shipping.
But OP has the items and ship UPS and upload tracking timely,it is not dropshipping it is the 15 cancellations.
Yeah I've never drop shipped. Is there any time frame to reply to them as far as the documents or calling (email didn't give a time frame)? I'm about to take a short vacation and would prefer to call Monday when I get back. I'm guessing they don't care as far as time goes, just that I can't sell till I resolve it.
Old 09-20-2019

same.probelm like you,never.get accout back,ebay very stupid now.
Old 09-20-2019

Angry Re: MC011 on Top Rated 15 Y/O Account

i am probelm witn this ,i cannot get account back.i provide all real purchase invoice from suppier, ebay still close my selling further ,ebay very stupid now
i am real account real name in my name ,real stock ,but get MC011message to block my account never use ebay again .
Old 09-21-2019

I got MC011 for my account, I contact them to ask for this problems. They said I have to update all tracking numbers and they can consider to reinstate my accounts and then, bump! They sent me a suspension message some minutes later, before I can do anything. I wonder how crazy they are.
Old 09-21-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboss View Post
I got MC011 for my account, I contact them to ask for this problems. They said I have to update all tracking numbers and they can consider to reinstate my accounts and then, bump! They sent me a suspension message some minutes later, before I can do anything. I wonder how crazy they are.
some folks here think this is a way Ebay tricks you,it gets more info from you and then suspend you,MCO11 is better known as the KISS OF DEATH