Vero warning from ebay - question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-14-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Vero warning from ebay - question

Hi I got warning from ebay that my listing violated vero owner rights and it was deleted.

There is noticed that multiple warning can result to account suspension.

I want to ask is there any time frame when this “warning” attached to my account will be deleted? Or it will be attached to my account forever?

Hope you can understand me.

Thank you for every answer.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-14-2020

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Vero warning from ebay - question

Second warning 7 day suspension regardless of time, 3rd warning either 30 day suspension or permanent ban, but could get permanent ban on second, depends on how strong the acct is.
Old 02-15-2020

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
I speak from experience when I say they are recorded/attached forever.
Yeah but they don’t hurt the account if it is spaced out. Ebay at the end of the day makes money of sellers selling. If your not obscene or have to many violations within a short period it doesn’t affect the accounts longevity.
Old 02-15-2020

Longevity: 56%

This happened to me a few times back in the day I had to take a vero ebay test they wasted 30 mins of my time lol . Did any of you guys take the vero test this was back in 2010 I think
Old 02-15-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Vero warning from ebay - question

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekings99 View Post
This happened to me a few times back in the day I had to take a vero ebay test they wasted 30 mins of my time lol . Did any of you guys take the vero test this was back in 2010 I think

Hi what do you mean by “ebay vero test”?
You was able then to sell vero items? Or it was just for delete attached vero warning to your account?
Old 02-15-2020

Quote:
Sorry then, I retract my factual experiences for your hearsay.
Removed feedback stays on your account forever, everything does. If you think a vero a year ago impacts your account today, then good luck

Plus I shouldn’t of responded honestly. I know I know more than you could imagine, but it’s okay. 👌

Last edited by solefoodbk; 02-15-2020 at 05:07 AM.
Old 02-15-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekings99 View Post
I remember that test way back in the day....I had to do that like in 2009 for ebook stuff hah
Old 02-15-2020

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
I've already said I bow to your hearsay what more do you want of me?
Do you know what the word hearsay means? It doesn't mean first person account. The Queens English isn't your forte huh.

Sure, vero stays on your account forever. But to imply that ebay will hold you accountable for what happened over a year ago, is just absurd. If there were the case, my account would have been removed half a dozen times by now.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (02-15-2020)
Old 02-15-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Do you know what the word hearsay means? It doesn't mean first person account. The Queens English isn't your forte huh.

Sure, vero stays on your account forever. But to imply that ebay will hold you accountable for what happened over a year ago, is just absurd. If there were the case, my account would have been removed half a dozen times by now.

So actually after some time it will cool down? And your warning counter will be reset maybe.
Old 02-15-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

I remember a while back you could actually pull said statistics from the account and there was a certain timeframe given for certain things like vero. However things and times have changed and eBay have gotten stricter, stealth has become harder and it’s understandable given the climate.

My advice as I always would treat my accounts and stealth is always to lean on the side of caution or glass half empty. Don’t assume anything except the worse case scenario and plan likewise. It will do your business well going forward...
Old 02-15-2020

Quote:
hear·say (hîr′sā′)
n.
1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.

I bowed to their unverified rumor as opposed to my personal experiences.

Trying to be a clever dick isn't you're forte huh
if YOU perpetuated what the person is saying, YOU would be spreading hearsay. The person who said it, didn't hear or receive the information from someone else. it's THEIR INFORMATION. Rumor is part of that sentence. You aren't trying to separate it and claim hearsay can just mean a rumor? Are you? It would have to be a rumor, not based on the persons personal knowledge, to qualify as hearsay

it's literally in the word. HEAR/SAY. The compound word for " to hear someone say". Op is discussing their actual experience.

trying to be intelligent, isn't your forte huh, dick

Last edited by james13v; 02-15-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphirepro View Post
Hi I got warning from ebay that my listing violated vero owner rights and it was deleted.

There is noticed that multiple warning can result to account suspension.

I want to ask is there any time frame when this “warning” attached to my account will be deleted? Or it will be attached to my account forever?

Hope you can understand me.

Thank you for every answer.

I'd let the account sit and not sell for a little while. If you keep selling on it, it'll tag your account again real fast.
Old 02-15-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

It is like a virus,it lives until the host dies.
so it will stay with your Ebay account until you close it.
Or Ebay closes it
Old 02-15-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
It is like a virus,it lives until the host dies.
so it will stay with your Ebay account until you close it.
Or Ebay closes it

How other sellers can have similar listing live for very long period without getting deleted and suspended? I doubt their contacted original owners and have their approval to sell copyright item. I think it is just pure luck that ebay is not catching them.
Old 02-15-2020

Quote:
How other sellers can have similar listing live for very long period without getting deleted and suspended? I doubt their contacted original owners and have their approval to sell copyright item. I think it is just pure luck that ebay is not catching them.
if any of us knew that, we'd be selling vero all day long. Who knows why. Luck. Inside man. Long selling history. Who knows.
Old 02-15-2020

Quote:

Just for the record...

Within the last year I had an account reinstated that had been suspended during the holidays few years back. Appealed and was denied. Fast forward a few years I ended up calling maybe 10 times, to the true customer support not oversea reps. All but two were everything but annoyed by my calling in.

I ended up unknowingly speaking to the supervisor of limitations. (Cannot remember the name of the department) who drops hard limits, restores account, the back end team nobody can really speak with. That person. I talked thirty plus minutes and said all the right things. He apparently had overridden the indefinite suspension email I was about to get and I spoke directly to the agent who reviewed my account.

He called me and spent the entire phone call listing everything they kept on my account, the vetting done, and so many other things I will never say on a forum. He said all that to say his supervisor who I just talked to had lifted his indefinite suspension decision on my account. His ego was hurt probably which is why he said all the things he should never of told me, and I got literally an impossible scenario reversed. So... defiantly not hearsay lol..

One small example. I know more than you could really imagine.
Old 02-15-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Just for the record...

Within the last year I had an account reinstated that had been suspended during the holidays few years back. Appealed and was denied. Fast forward a few years I ended up calling maybe 10 times, to the true customer support not oversea reps. All but two were everything but annoyed by my calling in.

I ended up unknowingly speaking to the supervisor of limitations. (Cannot remember the name of the department) who drops hard limits, restores account, the back end team nobody can really speak with. That person. I talked thirty plus minutes and said all the right things. He apparently had overridden the indefinite suspension email I was about to get and I spoke directly to the agent who reviewed my account.

He called me and spent the entire phone call listing everything they kept on my account, the vetting done, and so many other things I will never say on a forum. He said all that to say his supervisor who I just talked to had lifted his indefinite suspension decision on my account. His ego was hurt probably which is why he said all the things he should never of told me, and I got literally an impossible scenario reversed. So... defiantly not hearsay lol..

One small example. I know more than you could really imagine.
lol than I can imagine? I have the personal cell phone number of the Sr. Director of customer experience. I've gotten my account back with a quick 5 minute call. I've spent easily 100 hours on the phone with ebay over the past couple years, and have been on ebay since 2000. Lets not be all high and mighty about what you or I actually know or don't know.
Old 02-15-2020

Quote:
lol than I can imagine? I have the personal cell phone number of the Sr. Director of customer experience. I've gotten my account back with a quick 5 minute call. I've spent easily 100 hours on the phone with ebay over the past couple years, and have been on ebay since 2000. Lets not be all high and mighty about what you or I actually know or don't know.
Not you, the other person.

I know you’ve been on this forum for a while, wouldn’t question what you have to say.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 02-15-2020 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-15-2020

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I remember that test way back in the day....I had to do that like in 2009 for ebook stuff hah

Definitely my brother ,)
Old 02-16-2020

Quote:
Also, to my knowledge eBay doesn’t care about vero. Speaking with respect to an aged account with proper selling where a bot isn’t just flagging an account. If the brand reports it, then eBay obviously has a problem. It’s in the name “verified rights owner”. I’ve had brands come after me and I still sold their product.

As mentioned before vero strikes over time do not harm your account. Sure if you got some type of limitation and where your required to provide receipts and you had some vero strikes for counterfeit goods, whoever is reviewing the account takes that into consideration. But the vero strikes themselves don’t cause account suspension, unless you get to many within a short timeframe.
Old 03-18-2020

Longevity: 24%

I am selling ck ladies and gents breifs by clearly mentioning that it is rejected item by ck with label cut ,black label, without label but they taken down my listing even though i have send email to CK why they did so but please guide me what i do if i did not get reply? And my listing have not even single photo of manufacturer. How they can do this?
Old 03-18-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Do you know if CK or eBay allows rejected items to be sold on eBay?
That'll be the first thing you should find out.

If the answer is yes, then contacting CK about this is your solution.
eBay probably pulled them thinking they aren't real.