MC019 vero warning: unsure of reasons - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-02-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default MC019 vero warning: unsure of reasons

So I listed a generic non branded iphone sticker for maybe the 5th time on an account that is maybe almost a month old, and got hit with the following... WTF??

Its not even branded so how could it be ⊗⊗⊗⊗? I dont claim anywhere in the listing that it is any specific product or brand

---

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Apple, Inc., notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

The following information may help explain the reason for your listing(s) removal:

Your item was removed because of a request we received from Apple, Inc., a member of our Verified Rights Owner Program (VeRO), asking us to remove the item for:

- Item(s) is a counterfeit product which infringes the trademark owner's rights.

If you have additional questions or concerns on why your item was removed, please contact Apple, Inc. directly at:

apple_enforce@opsecsecurity.com

Please allow 7 days for Apple, Inc. to reply to you.

All listing fees associated with the removed item(s) have been credited back to your account.

It's against the law to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗, counterfeit, or pirated products.

Your listing was removed because the item in your listing was reported by the rights owner as a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or counterfeit through eBay's VeRO Program. Due to this report, please do not attempt to relist, advertise, or offer this item for sale on any eBay site or service around the world.

Here's more information on our policy:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...unterfeit.html

And you can learn more about trademarks here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/trademark.html

You may need to take a tutorial. The next time you sell, you may be asked to take the tutorial, if it's required. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

Questions about the specific violation should be addressed to Apple, Inc.

You can send an email to: apple_enforce@opsecsecurity.com

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, please visit the following Help page:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/tp/programs-vero-ov.html

Your eBay fees for this item have been credited to your account. All bidders on this item have been notified of its cancellation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Repeated violations of this or other eBay policies may result in the suspension of your account.

eBay understands that it can be frustrating to have a listing removed. If you have further questions, you can take the following steps:

- Take eBay's brief tutorial on Intellectual Property Policies and VeRO
- Read the ended listings FAQ at: http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidenc...d-listing.html
- Ask eBay a question using the link on the above help page

Thank you for your time. We sincerely appreciate your attention to this matter.

Regards,

VeRO Program
eBay Trust & Safety
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-02-2012
Threadstarter  

I was just selling it for feedback at like $3 inc free shipping....
Old 02-02-2012
MU

Longevity: 81%

Anything with the name iphone in the listing is hard to sell even if its real. You need to list it on an account with at least 10 feedback hopefully and make the listing more descriptive.

Email apple and ask them why they took it off.
The Following User Says Thank You to FandangoKango For This Useful Post:
Pringles (02-03-2012)
Old 02-02-2012

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 76%

interesting you got this today correct?
Old 02-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

'iphone' = APPLE's intellectual property rights= punishment for you
Old 02-02-2012

Longevity: 79%

I used to sell them iphone style china phones at first i sold loads with no problems and then eventually got taken down due to Apple, even though the phones had their own names, it's just they looked similiar, anything that looks Apple but isn't may be in danger of being taken down eventually, hit and miss with iphone products sometimes.
Old 02-02-2012

I always list screen protectors on new accounts but I also make sure the account has buying feedback I never do the first sale without feedback. I have done many with ipod touch screen protector and have never had any problems...but im sure iphone is a much more critical word and why I never use that word or apple
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to accutinting For This Useful Post:
Pringles (02-03-2012), slapped (02-02-2012)
Old 02-02-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

The issue is "apple" or "Iphone",,,,Technically ANYTHING that is made for use with an Iphone MUST have apples approval,,,this means that you cannot list a Screen protector as an Iphone Screen Protector or "Screen protector,,,also fits Iphone"

This applies to EVERYTHING,,,Cases, Chargers,,Docks,,,ect, ect,,

The chargers, Docks and Connections go 1 Better if the listing states or Clearly shows 30 Pin or Connections it also infringes apples intellectual property because apple has the Only patton on a "30 Pin Connection"
GreenBean (02-02-2012), Pringles (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012
Threadstarter  

yes accutinting, today. ive sold hundreds and hundreds of apple related accessories in the past without issues like this

the account has over 10 seller feedback and is over a month old
the sticker is non-branded

i guess i just got unlucky? i got another one removed.. that's 3 for the same thing
apple doesn't like that account it seems

that account is also selling ipad accessories and nothing is going wrong there

Last edited by Pringles; 02-03-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

you had iphone in the title right?
Old 02-03-2012
Threadstarter  

yes.... but doesnt everyone?

how are you supposed to sell it without having the word iphone in the title? i dont quite understand
Old 02-03-2012

Longevity: 71%

That is pretty crazy for a little sticker.

I have sold lots of iphone accessories with iphone AND apple in the title without a peep.

Have you had this violation before or been banned selling a similar item before? If so, you may have a really similar description so they linked the products??

Or as someone stated, every accessory needs apple's approval for their products. Somehow I am doubting the stickers you were selling were approved apple products, which I am sure is easy to spot for a VERO dude.
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

Maybe they don't like stickers that can easily be stuck on a no name phone.
Old 02-03-2012

. Better to be safe than sorry on the new listings..I dont list anything for the actual iphone line but through some very brief research it seems that some are making sure iphone is 2 words I PHONE. Is that how you did you listings or no just the typical iphone. I know this tactic doesnt always work but maybe it will in this case.
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post

how are you supposed to sell it without having the word iphone in the title? i dont quite understand
look at it this way,,,The word Iphone is like YOUR CAR,,,,you see NO One would have ever heard of the word IPhone if it werent for Apple creating it,,,Tenhnically Apple owns that word,,,Just like you own YOUR Car...and the only People who basically can use the word are People Apple gives Permission to, just like the Only People who can drive your car are those that YOU give Permission to.

You sell Stickers, cases, Screen Protectors, Docks, Chargers, ect, ect, ect, because you use the Word IPHONE,,,,Lets Face it if you did not use the word Iphone in your Listing to make it legal,,your item would NOT sell,,,YOU Make Money because of YOUR Use of that word,,,Apple, has a Problem with that,,,Just like you would have a Problem, if someone was driving your car without you Knowing about it,,,Hell you might even call the Police and report the car Stolen,,making who ever is driving it a CRIMINAL,,,

Now this example is not EXACTLY how copyright infringement works, but believe me it is Close enough,,,Apple is WELL within their legal rights,,,
FandangoKango (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post

That is APPLE's trademark name.

You can not use it unless you are an authorized agent compounded by the fact it was not the real item in any case.

Ignore what other sellers do. Protect your own account always
Old 02-03-2012
MU

Make 10 new accounts and sell with different ways to list and see if you can get rid of your stock and then find something else to sell.
Old 02-03-2012

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

Its strange I am looking at ebay now and I see a top rated seller with 31000 feedback selling iphone 4 clear protectors and they have sold 6491 of them.

I dont think your problem is actualy Apple it may be the competitors blowing the whistle on you. If its a proper VERO problem ebay will give you the contact in the organization who requested that your product be pulled for that violation.

A little secret I learned was to closely follow the big sellers descriptions in your own listing just changing something slightly, using either my own or public domain images and more importantly do not use the content of the makers website to describe your product because I have been taken down for that. In fact I just put in the description that the manufacturer would not let me describe the product and just put a link to the product url on their website and the product sold like a charm.
Old 02-03-2012
MU

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Its strange I am looking at ebay now and I see a top rated seller with 31000 feedback selling iphone 4 clear protectors and they have sold 6491 of them.

I dont think your problem is actualy Apple it may be the competitors blowing the whistle on you. If its a proper VERO problem ebay will give you the contact in the organization who requested that your product be pulled for that violation.

A little secret I learned was to closely follow the big sellers descriptions in your own listing just changing something slightly, using either my own or public domain images and more importantly do not use the content of the makers website to describe your product because I have been taken down for that. In fact I just put in the description that the manufacturer would not let me describe the product and just put a link to the product url on their website and the product sold like a charm.
I thought putting in the listing an outside link to another website could the listing pulled?
Old 02-03-2012

No it is Opsec Security who took it down who is one of the leaders that represent some of the top vero brands. It would say community members have concern if someone else reported you. I personally do not mess around if I receive any cancellation along this line. If my listing goes down from a vero member I move on and dont try to get around that listing.....the advice given was just a example of what others seemed to be doing for that product not saying I recommend it
Old 02-03-2012
Executive [VIP]

The Threadstarter CLEARLY States that Apple Pulled the Listing,,,,Check the 1st post on the thread,,,,

The Sellers that are selling the Protectors without Problems are selling Protestors Manufactured by Apple Approved Companies---GUARANTEED,,,This Gives them the Rightr to use the word Iphone in their listings,,,,

Guys, BELIEVE Me I KNOW the Subject VERY Well, all the Speculation that some of the Posters on this thread are talking about will only get innocent readers of this Thread in trouble with their accounts,,,

Yes, These types of problems can AT TIMES be caused by competitors, but Believe me that is NOT the case here,,,,

The Days of competetors Simply reporting the competition and getting their accounts suspended are QUICKLY comming to a Close,,(Thank God),,,Ebay No longer automatically Suspends accounts simply because a Competitor reports them,,It now takes a Little More than that
Old 02-03-2012

Right I agree with you slapped almost 100% Correct me if Im wrong but I have been researching this extensively in the past month. His listing says to contact apple directly BUT at this location "apple_enforce@opsecsecurity.com" which is a security firm who represent a large amount of brands to protect there brands in many ways. I believe you are not truly contacting apple but this security firm that represents apple. Im saying this because I know of this company and others they represent. I agree with you 100% with the nature of what should and should not be done with the listing Im just saying a firm pulled the listing not actually Apple..haha do you agree?