MC019- Do you think this is from a Vero member or another Ebay user? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default MC019- Do you think this is from a Vero member or another Ebay user?

Just had my listing removed. Do you think this a vero member or just someone else reporting me? here is what it says:....

Dear -----,

You recently listed the following listing:

--------------------

Your listing has been removed.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, US VeRO Test Entry, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

A listing or item may violate intellectual property rights if the seller:
- Uses a manufacturer's photo or item description
- Lists a counterfeit or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item
- Lists illegal copies of media such as music, movies, computer programs, and video games.

For more information on this eBay policy, please visit:

eBay: Redirect

If you have additional questions - in regard to contacting the VeRO Member, US VeRO Test Entry, or if you need additional information on how to contact the VeRO Member, - you can chat with one of our policy experts.

You can reach them from 6:00AM to 11:00 PM MST. Get started by clicking
the link below.

https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/chat.asp?profile=61

You may need to take a tutorial. The next time you sell, you may be asked to take the tutorial, if it's required. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation. We encourage you to contact US VeRO Test Entry directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: registeredagent@ebay.com

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page:

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:
Why did eBay remove my listing?

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, we review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. We rely on reports from our members to help maintain the safety and security of our Community. We encourage you to report any items by using the REPORT THIS ITEM button on the listing so we can quickly remove any other items that should be removed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-28-2010
Threadstarter  

anyone ever heard of US VeRO Test Entry? Doesn't it sound a little generic?
Old 04-28-2010

Thats new to me, but with the word "VERO" showing up so many times in your message, I'm sure it was. When its competetion reporting you, the message is more vague. I've recieved both types.
Old 04-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

This was sent to you from the VERO Member, When it is another Ebay user they send the same notice but the use the term "Trusted Member of the Community" in the notice.

If Ebay did not send you the VERO Members contact information you may want to file an Ebay counter notice. Ebay has buried it on their site somewere but here is a link to it:

Counter Notice
Old 04-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Funny thing is I got taken down, but there is another guy with 30+ postings of the same item, spamming with keywords, and he doesn't get taken down. Ebay SUCKS!
Old 04-30-2010

Longevity: 89%

Ebay is becoming a place for big powersellers. I feel angry at them because they used all the small sellers when they were being established and now they have found thier mark in the market, small sellers have no chance to become big sellers due to the powersellers are given more importance and come to think of it...if we all become powersellers their would be no business on ebay. So unfair that ebay can end someone potential of making huge money...so i use them like they use us.
Old 04-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

I do not know what the item is, but I will tell you what happened to me.

I also have several items that I sell which at one time or another have had VERO Violations EXACTLY like the one in this thread.

In each case I contacted the VERO Member, sent them pictures of the actual Item, Invoices of where I purchased the item from, and a request as to how I could continue to sell the item on Ebay.

In all but one case, the VERO Member told that they were sorry for the inconvience, but they are simply trying to stop the flow of counterfeit items in the marketplace. Since I showed them my items originated from a 100% verifiable source they asked Ebay to Remove the violation from my account, and allowed me to continue to sell the items.

And I am continuing to sell them to this day completely Unmolested. The VERO members simply notes that my particular Ebay username sells Legit items and no longer reports my listings to Ebay.

The one that that did not allow me to continue selling told me that they DID NOT want that particular Make/Model on any Type of Auction site, but that I could continue selling the item with a "Buy It Now" price as long as the price met their MAP requirements.

MAP is "Mininum Advertized Price" Many Companies have MAP pricing on their items that Retailers MUST adhere to, an Example would the Sony playstation3 slim the MAP Price on the Basic Core 120gb model is 299.99, No retailer is allowed to sell this unit for Less.

And even in this case the VERO Member asked Ebay to remove the violation from my account.

That is why there are sellers selling VERO items unmolested.

Last edited by slapped; 04-30-2010 at 10:04 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
booblah (05-25-2010), Squee (05-02-2010)
Old 04-30-2010
Threadstarter  

the thing is the item I am selling is from China, same thing as the other member... there is no way to file a counter notice because of this, because what am I going to show... a receipt that I purchase the goods from china? Anyways the other guy just appeared 2 days ago, he is a powerseller, but so was I, until I got two violations and "I didn't meet the requirements" anymore, so I got canned. My belief is he is the one reporting making himself look like a vero member. Because it's funny that all the competition is gone and he is the only one left... mmm
Old 04-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

A Counter notice does NOT require that you provide an Invoice. It simply says that You are entitled by U.S. Law to sell this item on Ebay or anywhere, and if the VERO Member believes that the item is counterfeit that they must Start court procedings against you.

Vero members WILL NEVER start procedings against you unless they Know 100% that the Actual Item (NOT A PHOTO of the item) is counterfeit. The ONLY way is if they bought it DIRECTLY from you, and even if the bought from you on Ebay and you shipped it out it is still Really hard to prove in COURT that it came DIRECTLY from you. Believe me I have been through this---TWICE

If you file the counter suit, and they Do Not Procede (With a Court Case) Ebay will Clear your account and Re-list the item in 14 Days. That however Does NOT stop the VERO member from reporting the item to Ebay again and start the whole process all over again.

On the other hand if selling the item is worth selling ( That is up to you) you may be able to find and obtain a Legit supplier and a legit invoice (with a little effort and Creativity). Then go to the VERO Member and work it out so your account gets cleared and you can continue to sell.

You may also purchase the item at a retail location, copy the invoice, return the item, Explain to the VERO Member that you had 2 of these Items, One you bought, one you got as a gift, so you decided to sell one. This might a least clear the suspension off the account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
booblah (06-06-2010), OfficialGenius (04-30-2010)
Old 04-30-2010

Longevity: 85%

My friend got this message when listing a 30 day vero item. It never even sold and she just relisted it again and during the 25th day of the 2nd relist, it got taken down and she received this...

Trademark violation
Unauthorized
Limited selling historyy
It was removed because of the way it was listed
Then mc198 ini temporary selling restriction
My acct is restrected for 7days
Old 04-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Just got an answer from the vero member, and it's a real law firm. Johnson and Pham

I guess it's the real deal...
Old 04-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

P90X, INSANITY, and CHALEAN EXTREME I am VERY Familiar with these Guys.

Send them an E-mail and cover these Points:
(1) You Created the ad using pictures and information gathered on random web sites,
(2) that it is libelous for them to accuse you of selling counterfeit material
(3) will not sell their product anymore,
(4) That you will NOT respond to ANY Other communication from them in reguards to this matter
(5) That you are prepared to awnser ANY litigation that they might initiate in reguards to this product

Believe me they will send a couple more Nasty E-Mails but they will Stop.

You can also file a counter notice, but these guys will keep reporting you as I stated above.

I have written several in depth posts on this in other threads,

and as far as all their other Demands, Money, information, you give them NOTHING.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
suntot (05-01-2010)
Old 04-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

OfficialGenius--- as for that "limited selling history"---Man I HATE THAT that is Ebays version of the Federal Government's "For National Security Issues" Which Basically means that they can do whatever they want, whenever they want, for ANY REASON.

I have tried, asked, E-mailed, called countless Ebay Representatives to tell me when a seller no longer has a limited selling history, in all these years I have NOT been able to get a solid awnser, I truly believe that there is NONE.

if anyone knows please post it here, that would really be useful.
Old 04-30-2010

man being a power seller is HUGE..my sales went from 3k in 60 days to alittle over 11k in 5 days..it was crazy..featured first is awesome,you can make more profits..than of course 5 days after accepting i got a temp suspension for something soo stupid,i sold a bunch of cheap items and they suspended me for feedback manipulation..lame..surprised my paypal account never got limited or anything as ive withdrawed everything but kept a 100 bucks in there
Old 04-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
P90X, INSANITY, and CHALEAN EXTREME I am VERY Familiar with these Guys.

Send them an E-mail and cover these Points:
(1) You Created the ad using pictures and information gathered on random web sites,
(2) that it is libelous for them to accuse you of selling counterfeit material
(3) will not sell their product anymore,
(4) That you will NOT respond to ANY Other communication from them in reguards to this matter
(5) That you are prepared to awnser ANY litigation that they might initiate in reguards to this product

Believe me they will send a couple more Nasty E-Mails but they will Stop.

You can also file a counter notice, but these guys will keep reporting you as I stated above.

I have written several in depth posts on this in other threads,

and as far as all their other Demands, Money, information, you give them NOTHING.
wouldn't this piss them off even more? I haven't responded yet. So in the end, it just better not to sell it.... uggg!! right when I got reported I had just received a big shipment. Oh well... I'll find a way. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsgunner77 View Post
man being a power seller is HUGE..my sales went from 3k in 60 days to alittle over 11k in 5 days..it was crazy..featured first is awesome,you can make more profits..than of course 5 days after accepting i got a temp suspension for something soo stupid,i sold a bunch of cheap items and they suspended me for feedback manipulation..lame..surprised my paypal account never got limited or anything as ive withdrawed everything but kept a 100 bucks in there
the adrenaline rush feels nice, don't it? ahh... but getting a temp suspension is not fun, believe me. you feel like a tiger in a cage... such good profit to be made, but no place to sell it.
Old 04-30-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntot View Post
wouldn't this piss them off even more? I haven't responded yet. So in the end, it just better not to sell it.... uggg!! right when I got reported I had just received a big shipment. Oh well... I'll find a way. Thanks for your input.
So What!! Let those get pissed there is NOTHING they can do about it!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
suntot (05-01-2010)
Old 05-01-2010

Quote:
the adrenaline rush feels nice, don't it? ahh... but getting a temp suspension is not fun, believe me. you feel like a tiger in a cage... such good profit to be made, but no place to sell it.
the other thing that sucks is i always paid fees every couple days,so when they suspended me,they cancelled all these auctions and told buyers to get there money back,thank god not one single buyer did that,i emailed them and they were all cool about it,so b4 i got temp suspended ebay cancelled all those auctions,so i was like great,i sold stuff and didnt have to pay ebay fees,so my account was +359 in my favor,but they will not answer me on that,so bascially it seems like ebay is going to steal that money from me that i overpaid in fees, they said some BS but i dont know if im going to get that money, its a stealth account so i dont know ,if thast how they want to play than thats fine,i will just screw em even more later
Old 05-01-2010

I also got MC019. I received it twice. I've been happily selling at $100/hr. Then suddenly this suspension.
Old 05-19-2010
Banned

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Funny thing is I got taken down, but there is another guy with 30+ postings of the same item, spamming with keywords, and he doesn't get taken down. Ebay SUCKS!
I recently just experienced the same thing? Does anyone know of ANY WAY to discourage other sellers reporting you? Please respond or send me a pm. I am desperate for an answer. Thanks guys.
Old 05-22-2010

Longevity: 80%
Default How can this happen

Unreal I am so sick of this with ebay. I had this item listed. and it was pulled like 4 hours before it was going to end. I clicked on this link

***The rights owner has created an About Me page that contains information to help you understand why removal of your listing was requested. For
more information about the rights owner, please go to:

2001User ID Not Found *******

And it says User ID invalid.
Also that same day I seen that 2 other sellers sold the same dress and they did not get pulled.
I can you assume it counterfeit makes no sense. Now I'm suspended for 30 days. while there are other sellers selling the same dress over and over again, using other peoples pictures

Please help
thnx

270581658427 - Herve Leger Red/Multi One Shoulder Ombre Dress Sz S

Your listing has been removed.

Your item was removed because of a request we received from VeRO participant, BCBG Max Azria Group, Inc., asking us to remove the item for:

- Item(s) is a counterfeit product which infringes the trademark owner's rights.

For more information on why your item was removed, you should:
- Contact the VeRO participant directly at legaldept@bcbg.com with your questions or concerns.
- Wait 7 days for the VeRO participant to reply to you. Although most VeRO participants are willing to respond to polite email, please know that they aren’t obligated to reply.
- If after 7 days you haven’t received a response from the VeRO participant, please contact eBay by simply replying to this email.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, BCBG Max Azria Group, Inc., notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

It's against the law to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗, counterfeit, or pirated products.

Your listing was removed because the item in your listing was reported by the rights owner as a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or counterfeit through eBay's VeRO Program. Due to this report, please do not attempt to relist, advertise, or offer this item for sale on any eBay site or service around the world.

Here's more information on our policy:
Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy

And you can learn more about trademarks here:
Trademark and Domain Name Basics

If you have additional questions in regard to contacting the VeRO Member or if you need additional information on how to contact the VeRO Member, you can chat with one of our policy experts.

You can reach them from 6:00AM to 11:00 PM MST. Get started by clicking
the link below.

https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/chat.asp?profile=61

You may need to take a tutorial. If it's required, you may be asked to take it the next time you sell. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:
eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. We understand that you may be concerned about this situation.

We encourage you to contact BCBG Max Azria Group, Inc. directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: legaldept@bcbg.com

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page:

The rights owner has created an About Me page that contains information to help you understand why removal of your listing was requested. For
more information about the rights owner, please go to:

2001User ID Not Found

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:
Why did eBay remove my listing?

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. We review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team
Old 05-22-2010

You should've done a buy it now or best offer and you would've gotten it sold asap!