Is ebay stealth really ending? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

View Poll Results: Is ebay stealth really ending?
Yes, ebay has figured out a way to block ebay stealth 16 45.71%
No, people will use new methods to continue ebay stealth 19 54.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Is ebay stealth really ending?

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I was just wondering if it was really true. Does anyone here think eBay Stealth will really end? What is your experience about this or what have you heard? Someone in the same thread below thought people would figure out ways around this. What are your thoughts on that?

On black hat word a member posted this in his thread Well, looks like the end of stealth on eBay

https://www.blackhatworld.com/seo/ho...y-step.415689/

Quote:
toml3030

"eBay intends to further improve its customer experience by intermediating payments on its Marketplace platform. In doing so, eBay will manage the payments flow, simplifying the end-to-end experience for buyers and sellers. eBay has signed an agreement with Adyen, a leading global payments processor, to become its primary payments processing partner. PayPal, a long-time eBay partner, will be a payments option at checkout for eBay buyers. The transition to full payments intermediation will be a multi-year journey, and eBay will move as quickly as possible to complete this process within the parameters of the Operating Agreement with PayPal, which remains in place through mid-2020.

To enable payments in their eBay accounts, sellers should expect to provide eBay with some additional payments-related data and transition to a new relationship with eBay that includes integrated payments capabilities. Sellers will be required to complete these steps in order to continue selling on eBay, and it is anticipated that this transition for sellers will occur no later than one year after the expiration of eBay’s Operating Agreement with PayPal, i.e., by July 2021."
Then he said

Quote:
At best, it will become like Etsy or Amazon with the seller having to provide SS# and working bank account at signup. This becomes problematic because Amazon is known to dig into the bank info you give them if you start doing serious volume and ban people if the bank info does not match the signup info. So while stealth will still be possible, you won't be able to grow stealth accounts into massive, profitable accounts.

The worst case scenario is that it will be like signing up for credit card processing account and they will verify all info you give them and run a credit check on you before they approve you to sell on eBay.

So at minimum, I expect there to be a requirement to provide a working tax ID and a US based bank account to sell on US eBay. The doomsday scenario is that providing false info to eBay will be like giving false info to open a bank account, a potential felony.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-23-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Is ebay stealth really ending?

This isn’t the first time people say something like this. ,ethos always evolve together with the issues.

So no, it’s not ending. Just updated
Old 09-23-2019

Longevity: 53%

I hope you are right SaiJin, but methinks one account per SSN in USA will be it, so if you have a wife you can maybe have 2 accts, after that, probably no more.
Old 09-23-2019

Longevity: 36%

Id like to see how the banking situation is going to get worked out
Old 09-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
This isn’t the first time people say something like this. ,ethos always evolve together with the issues.

So no, it’s not ending. Just updated
So you think it won't end, but do you agree with the op that this will end one's ability to grow a massively profitable account?

I was wondering if some veterans from the account marketplace here will chime in on what they think to. Are you guys thinking you could create accounts that will bypass what ebay will do with adyen? And do you think you could bypass it where the accounts could be massively profitable?
Old 09-23-2019
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

It won't be as strict as Amazon but it won't be as easy as it is now, that's for sure.

It may not be "stealth" as we know it now but in some form or another I don't think this will prevent people from creating accounts.

We won't know how it will be until we hear from more people's experience on MP and how that process went for them. From what we've seen so far, it's not that bad.

The more people rolled into the system, the more we'll learn.
Old 09-23-2019
Banned

Longevity: 40%

THere's always a way in every situation. If you know how to do it right, for sure you'll figure out - it's never ending.
Old 09-23-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebsnbie View Post
So you think it won't end, but do you agree with the op that this will end one's ability to grow a massively profitable account?

I was wondering if some veterans from the account marketplace here will chime in on what they think to. Are you guys thinking you could create accounts that will bypass what ebay will do with adyen? And do you think you could bypass it where the accounts could be massively profitable?

No, I don't agree.

Like aspkin said, problems come, then next is solution and it cycles around.
We'll figure it out when the time comes. The forum has a lot of very experienced and creative people
Old 09-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
No, I don't agree.

Like aspkin said, problems come, then next is solution and it cycles around.
We'll figure it out when the time comes. The forum has a lot of very experienced and creative people
Very true - evolution.
Old 09-23-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%

Silver lining - Wont have to deal with paypal limitations any more. From now on its only one company to worry about instead of two.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
iamdeadinside (09-24-2019), nickopedia (09-23-2019)
Old 09-24-2019

Longevity: 46%

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it" and aspkin is a next level
Old 09-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Not sure how folk intend to circumvent SSN requests and bank info that needs to match up, but hey, let's pretend it's all going to be fine.

I am optimistic the UK requirements for managed payments will be a lot easier to meet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019

Longevity: 34%

my take on this is that ebay can not afford hard verification of millions of private sellers.I think eventually they will either limit managed payments to business sellers only and will not touch private sellers for many years or they will have paypal-style verification for private sellers.in my opinion anything else is too risky because any kind of tough measures to vast numbers of existing smaller sellers would have major negative impact on the entire marketplace.
The Following User Says Thank You to mike75493245 For This Useful Post:
krakenbaffle (09-28-2019)
Old 09-24-2019

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Not sure how folk intend to circumvent SSN requests and bank info that needs to match up, but hey, let's pretend it's all going to be fine.

I am optimistic the UK requirements for managed payments will be a lot easier to meet.
I thought in the UK stealth accounts already have a 2.5k limit before papers are required?

VS Like 20K in USA.

Stealth will still exist if you count legit LLC and EIN's as being "stealth"
Old 09-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

It depends on how you're defining stealth accounts. Forming a new legal entity with the government and then using that info to open a bank and eBay account isn't stealth at all, but it's at least an option moving forward.

I think the days of true USA stealth accounts are long gone. You can't make a new account with the name "Bigbird Johnson", sell $5k, then use the PP balance to pay your supplier anymore. Because you can't spend your balance. By Paypal forcing you to add a bank account for withdrawals, and with banks being KYC regulated to death, Paypal effectively broke stealth. There's a clear paper trail with USA accounts now.
Old 09-24-2019

Longevity: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
It depends on how you're defining stealth accounts. Forming a new legal entity with the government and then using that info to open a bank and eBay account isn't stealth at all, but it's at least an option moving forward.

I think the days of true USA stealth accounts are long gone. You can't make a new account with the name "Bigbird Johnson", sell $5k, then use the PP balance to pay your supplier anymore. Because you can't spend your balance. By Paypal forcing you to add a bank account for withdrawals, and with banks being KYC regulated to death, Paypal effectively broke stealth. There's a clear paper trail with USA accounts now.
True stealth is very much dead.

Pseudo stealth is dying soon. Once paypal changes policies again, or for sure when eBay payments take over.

What is left will be legal stealth hiding behind LLC's, trusts, EINs, legal agents, etc.