eBay Wont honor seller protection - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-08-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to flyriver
Default eBay Wont honor seller protection

I sold a high value item. It was delivered and signed for. Buyer opened case on ebay. My account became perm. suspended. Somehow I lost the case. I called and told them to review it and see it was delivered and signed for. Rep. saw and greed to appeal and issue me a refund. Told me it would not allow them to appeal because my account was suspended. Transferred me to suspensions, told me I cannot appeal if my account is suspended, also told me I cannot appeal the suspension. Will not give money back.... Anyone have this issue?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-09-2019

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: eBay Wont honor seller protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyriver View Post
I sold a high value item. It was delivered and signed for. Buyer opened case on ebay. My account became perm. suspended. Somehow I lost the case. I called and told them to review it and see it was delivered and signed for. Rep. saw and greed to appeal and issue me a refund. Told me it would not allow them to appeal because my account was suspended. Transferred me to suspensions, told me I cannot appeal if my account is suspended, also told me I cannot appeal the suspension. Will not give money back.... Anyone have this issue?
what item do you sell ?
Old 10-09-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Op you need to be a bit clear. Are you facing suspension because of what you sold, the case or something else?
What is the value of the item? Is it a high-risk item or against policy?
What did the suspension message say?

The bad news is you're unlikely to get your money back. Now's a good time to get more accounts and spread sales.
Old 10-09-2019

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

That's the problem with suspensions.

You are definitely covered by seller protection. But not until you get your account re-instated.

Once you are in suspended mode, you have no rights on ebay. That's why the case has been closed in the buyers favour. He is absolutely loving it. Free expensive item and money back with the full backing of ebay.

When you try and appeal your stealth account ebay will keep sending you back and forwards between departments.

I've been there ...
Old 10-09-2019

Longevity: 53%

There is no way a buyer can loose a case. Traded many many years, and never ever had a buyer loosing the case and it didn't matter what were the reasons from the buyer's side, it seems that he could just open a case with "suck my ass" with a comment and still win it. The most ridiculous issues was when my customer opened a dispute, started a return, and failed to provide the tracking number. It timed out and he lost it. After one month he opened same dispute (WTF as PP policy says that you can't open more than one case of the same type for the same item) and... AGAIN HE DID NOT ADD A TRACKING! After another month, it timed out again and he lost it again. And guess what! He opened the case for the third time and this time he managed to add the tracking and won the case. So in my opinion, any ebay and paypal "SELLER PROTECTION" programs are absolute bull**** and your business should be created in a way that it would allow certain number of items to be just stolen from you.

Another case was crooked by ebay. They reviewed it, and send me 2 messages:
First message : "We ask you to provide shipping details to the buyer to send the item back"
Second message, AFTER 5 MINUTES : "Your case is on hold, we are checking some information with the buyer, please wait for the further instructions."

Of course I waited for "the instructions" and guess what... they closed the case because I didn't provide shipping details although they said I should wait! When I called in, they said that there was some sort of glitch and they sent me their messages in a wrong order, but... they actually don't care as the case was closed, and even as this was done in an error... they don't care!

So... just keep in mind that as a seller you have ZERO rights with EB and PP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (10-09-2019), phaz0rz (10-09-2019)
Old 10-09-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

first time the buyer can open a case within 30 days under Ebay money back guarantee,after that ,he has 180 days with Paypal/his cc issuer.
so if he lost Paypal case,he can turn to his cc issuer and file a chargeback.
what is his dispute,INR or INAD or UA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyriver View Post
WHAT KIND OF DISPUTE DID HE OPEN?
Just because a buyer open a case does not get the seller perm suspended,there is something wrong with your account,if you have been suspended and you came back with a stealth account and sold something,Ebay has no reason to offer you seller protection,in its eyes,you are not a legit seller.

if a person wants to scam,he could turn to his cc issuer after 30 days,but if Ebay MBG is wlling to foot the loss,then more power to you

Last edited by TGMT²; 10-09-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-09-2019

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
WHAT KIND OF DISPUTE DID HE OPEN?
Just because a buyer open a case does not get the seller perm suspended,there is something wrong with your account,if you have been suspended and you came back with a stealth account and sold something,Ebay has no reason to offer you seller protection,in its eyes,you are not a legit seller.
Your account just needs to be young (low number of sales and not really old, like few months old), and the item should be of a high value. That is enough to get an instant permlimit if any dispute is opened, especially "item inauthentic" claim.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
flyriver (10-09-2019)
Old 10-09-2019

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
There is no way a buyer can loose a case. Traded many many years, and never ever had a buyer loosing the case and it didn't matter what were the reasons from the buyer's side, it seems that he could just open a case with "suck my ass" with a comment and still win it. The most ridiculous issues was when my customer opened a dispute, started a return, and failed to provide the tracking number. It timed out and he lost it. After one month he opened same dispute (WTF as PP policy says that you can't open more than one case of the same type for the same item) and... AGAIN HE DID NOT ADD A TRACKING! After another month, it timed out again and he lost it again. And guess what! He opened the case for the third time and this time he managed to add the tracking and won the case. So in my opinion, any ebay and paypal "SELLER PROTECTION" programs are absolute bull**** and your business should be created in a way that it would allow certain number of items to be just stolen from you.

First message : "We ask you to provide shipping details to the buyer to send the item back"
Second message, AFTER 5 MINUTES : "Your case is on hold, we are checking some information with the buyer, please wait for the further instructions."

Of course I waited for "the instructions" and guess what... they closed the case because I didn't provide shipping details although they said I should wait! When I called in, they said that there was some sort of glitch and they sent me their messages in a wrong order, but... they actually don't care as the case was closed, and even as this was done in an error... they don't care!

Sorry to hear about that.

It all depends on the seller and how much money you are making ebay. Rules can be over turned.

Last edited by james_112233; 10-09-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Old 10-09-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
That's the problem with suspensions.

You are definitely covered by seller protection. But not until you get your account re-instated.

Once you are in suspended mode, you have no rights on ebay. That's why the case has been closed in the buyers favour. He is absolutely loving it. Free expensive item and money back with the full backing of ebay.

When you try and appeal your stealth account ebay will keep sending you back and forwards between departments.

I've been there ...
Exactly, even though the suspension came afterwards. I can accept the loss but it sucks to know it can happen at any moment...
Old 10-09-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post

Youre right about all of that. It would make sens though that I should be covered since the sale was made before the suspension...but they just want me money
Old 10-09-2019

Longevity: 46%

More crookedness of eBay. Search all the suspect auctions they let run their course. They should be taken down, this all happens out in the open for all to see.
Old 10-09-2019
Executive [VIP]

eBay sides with the buyer 99% of the time.

I have been in your shoes many times. Sold an expensive item, buyer claimed it was not as described or some nonsense. eBay (and PayPal) always forces return and refund. End of story.

I learned my lesson. I vat my buyers who purchase expensive items (over $750) from me using background check and a phone call. If that fails, I cancel the sale.
Old 10-09-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
eBay sides with the buyer 99% of the time.

I have been in your shoes many times. Sold an expensive item, buyer claimed it was not as described or some nonsense. eBay (and PayPal) always forces return and refund. End of story.

I learned my lesson. I vat my buyers who purchase expensive items (over $750) from me using background check and a phone call. If that fails, I cancel the sale.
Have you gotten negative feedbacks from cancelling sales >
Old 10-09-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Have you gotten negative feedbacks from cancelling sales >
I communicate with my buyers and my listings state terms. Some of my items are collectibles with values well above $1k, so I use a third party site to run a public records search using my buyers info. I also make a phone call.

My listings state for all sales over $750 if I am unable to reach the buyer by phone, or the background check doesn't show the buyer as residing at the shipping address, I reserve the right to cancel the sale. Most of the time, it's usually because there is no answer by phone, or they don't call back if a message is left.

I've only had a couple negative feedbacks in the past, but to me it's a small price to pay as I am protecting myself to some degree from fraudulent buyers.
Old 10-09-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

I agree. It's still frustrating that people can be like that.

In a sense they solidified why we canceled the sale.
Old 10-09-2019
Executive [VIP]

eBay Seller Protection is very weak.

It's ultimately up to you to screen your buyers, and put a little extra effort to do so especially if you are selling valuable goods. I subscribe to a couple public records tools, one of which is a small monthly fee which includes unlimited searches. It will tell me a lot about the buyer; the past addresses, phone number, employers, property owned, etc.

I'm mainly interested if the buyer details that ebay/PP gives me match the background report. If they don't, that's going to be a problem.

If you don't want to pay for background checks, at least do a simple google search of your buyer. Although this is no guarantee you will get screwed over by a scummy buyer, it does tend to give you somewhat of an idea who you are dealing with.

If you are lackadaisical in your approach when making these higher value sales, you are going to learn the hard way.
Old 10-10-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

ETSY is worse,all it tells you is the date he signed up with Etsy .