Paypay wont let eBay charge fees to bank account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-31-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 35%
Default Paypay wont let eBay charge fees to bank account?

Paypal is acting very strange. I can no longer charge ebay fees to my bank account on my paypal account. Withdraw from Paypal to bank works fine.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have set the preferred payment to my bank account. eBay's automatic payment fails. When I go and try and make a one-time payment, the only option I get is my prepaid Visa, bank account does not even show up as an option. It says to change the preferred payment log into PayPal. Something is broken badly and I think Paypal simply does not care about eBay anymore.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-31-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Paypay wont let eBay charge fees to bank account?

I'm not having that problem, but I have been noticing that Paypal has started allowing my eBay fees to be paid with my Paypal balance again. For several months after the "claim it" thing went into effect they would take the whole fee payment from my bank account without touching my PP balance. Now, they are using the Paypal balance again and only charging my bank account if I don't have enough in my PP balance to cover the total.
Old 12-31-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

if Paypal has problem in the past accessing your bank account for whatever reasons,technical or NSF,it will just cease accessing your bank account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I'm not having that problem, but I have been noticing that Paypal has started allowing my eBay fees to be paid with my Paypal balance again. For several months after the "claim it" thing went into effect they would take the whole fee payment from my bank account without touching my PP balance. Now, they are using the Paypal balance again and only charging my bank account if I don't have enough in my PP balance to cover the total.
it is to Paypal advantage to use your PAypal balance as there is no fee ,I used my Paypal prepaid debit card to get 1 1/2% cash rebate.
if you ebay bill is in the thousands,thats good saving,I get 1 1/2% but newbies get 1 % only

I wonder if this is what Ebay prefers,it is better for Ebay,since sellers do not file chargeback or UA when paying EBAY fees,and there is no NSF.
If NSF,Ebay would have to keep trying and trying,every NSF,the seller eats NSF fee ,putting them deeper in the hole !
they can also close the bank account or transfer fund out of the bank account if they sold nothing .
Why pay Ebay fee when you have sold ZERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiCoin View Post
you seem like a smart guy what is NSF and UA? sorry for my ignorance
NSF is not sufficient fund,when one does not have enough $$ in his bank account to cover withdrawal.
Most banks charge an NSF fee of $25-$45,banks make a lot of money from NSF.
UA is unauthorised transaction ,when the buyer sees a charge on his credit card,he files with his issuer that it aint him making the purchase.

People live from paycheck to paycheck,some dont have a bank account as they dont have enough cash on hand to maintain a minimum balance,they go to supermarkets to pay their utility bills,but there is a fee involved.
if they buy a money order or postal order,there is a small fee involved,and then you have to but postage stamp!
Paypal friend and family comes to the rescue,parents sent $$ college students,parents sent $$ to adult children to pay rent,adult children sent $$ to elderly parents to pay for grocery,at the end of the month,that SS fund is depleted after paying rent and utilities and drug,there is hardly any food in the pantry.

Last edited by TGMT²; 01-01-2020 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-31-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
if Paypal has problem in the past accessing your bank account for whatever reasons,technical or NSF,it will just cease accessing your bank account.
Don't think I have ever had a problem. Withdrawing money still works fine.
Old 12-31-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Regardless, they specifically said about a year ago that unless you confirm your identity and upgrade to a "cash account", your balance would not be able to be used for anything, including eBay fee payments.

Now they're using the balance again and I never upgraded to a cash account.

Old 12-31-2019
Threadstarter  

I want to update by saying if I go buy an ebay item, I have the option to use my bank account or credit card through paypal.

When I am trying to pay my ebay fees through paypal, I ONLY have the option of a credit card. Something very fishy is going on.
Old 12-31-2019

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I wonder if this is what Ebay prefers,it is better for Ebay,since sellers do not file chargeback or UA when paying EBAY fees,and there is no NSF.
If NSF,Ebay would have to keep trying and trying,every NSF,the seller eats NSF fee ,putting them deeper in the hole !
they can also close the bank account or transfer fund out of the bank account if they sold nothing .
Why pay Ebay fee when you have sold ZERO
Old 12-31-2019

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiCoin View Post
Non-sufficient fees and unauthorized. Just guessing, though... not sure what they are REALLY talking about
Old 01-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

lol, funds not fees.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (01-01-2020)
Old 01-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
National Sanitation Federation
National Space Foundation
Norsk Sykepleierforbund (Norwegian Nurses League)

Who knows in the world of agent??
Easy hah
Old 01-01-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
lol, funds not fees.

Yeah, that!
Old 01-01-2020

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Regardless, they specifically said about a year ago that unless you confirm your identity and upgrade to a "cash account", your balance would not be able to be used for anything, including eBay fee payments.

Now they're using the balance again and I never upgraded to a cash account.

What he said, all of a sudden my ebay fees are coming out of balance instead of Checking Acct. Cool
Old 01-01-2020
Threadstarter  

I really can't find a solution here. Ebay auto payments failed again from the paypal account because the prepaid Visa does not have enough money, but my backup funding is bank account. Why the hell is that not being used? Paypal is the most trash stupid company I have ever seen. They say the backup will be used, when primary fail, but they are not doing that.

When I try and do a one-time PayPal payment, I cannot select a bank account. If I buy an item off eBay, I can use a PayPal attached bank account no problem. Nothing makes sense with Paypal.

Finally, the bank is not even a backup source. I have set a bank account as preferred payment both for autopay and regular payments. Paypal is just ignoring it when it comes to eBay fees.
Old 01-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Maybe try manually adding money from your bank account to your Paypal balance, and then pay with your Paypal balance?
Old 01-03-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Maybe try manually adding money from your bank account to your Paypal balance, and then pay with your Paypal balance?
I already have enough in balance to cover fees.
Old 01-03-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
I already have enough in balance to cover fees.

I'm just saying, if you insist on using money from your bank account to pay your eBay fees, that would be one way to do it.

Bank account -> paypal -> pay eBay fees

instead of

bank account -> pay eBay fees