filed a charge back on my fees, now ebay says I owe them - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 12-21-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default filed a charge back on my fees, now ebay says I owe them

OK, I was scammed out of 160$ by an ebay seller. Then scammed out of anther 50$ by Ebay for return shipping.
I bought and item listed in the USA and it was ship from Russia.
I oped a INR after a few weeks, but the item showed up and was SNAD. I filled an appeal and was told by ebay to ship it back and send them the shipping info and cost as the seller could not provide a label or something.

But shortly after adding the shipping info to the case the case was closed. I called up ebay and was told there was nothing they could do. I cept calling I got a the same rep a few times and he got mad and closed my account and the hole time I was treated like dirt.

So I filed a BBB case, nothing. ebay acting like I was a bad buyer even tho I was not. I called ebay again asked for the highest up person I could get. I got a head office manger executive or something. I told them if the did not fix the problem I wold file a charge back on all my fees upto the amount of the item I bought (I payed for the item with my paypal balance). I was told they would look into the problem and get back with me.

Well they did nothing. So I filed a charge backwith my bank for service not rendered (payed my fees with a debit card). Ebay never responded to the chargebacks. But oddly now I'm getting emails saying I owe ebay for the charge backs. Yeah.

So this has me wondering, in the USA, would this be a legal debt? I thought charge backs were a consumer right and the other party could not go after you after the case was closed, even more so if they failed to respond to the case.

Whats your take on this?
The account had my real name an address on file. no SSN or anything like that. nor do I care one fippidy do da about my credit score as I always pay for what I buy and never barrow money for anything.
I could simply fight my way out of it if they sold it to a debt collector.

EDIT:
Even if I wanted to pay the fees I cant. ebay canned the account in such away if I log in I get a blank screen with an error.

Last edited by jade falcon; 12-21-2017 at 06:54 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,945 Times in 8,236 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: filed a charge back on my fees, now ebay says I owe them

Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth
Old 12-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums - all the best as you master stealth
most helpful relevant post.
I guise to simplify it, would ebay be legality allowed to collect on the fees after they were payed, but after I file a charge back.

Last edited by jade falcon; 12-21-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Sorry this is confusing.

What have your fees got to do with your buyer troubles?

Ah, I read more.

You tried to threaten eBay and made the choice of fees.

You may not like this.

You are in the wrong. You agreed to paying fees when you signed up. There is nothing in the T&C where fees are a bribe.

If this is a concern, you should take legal advise. Beyond the forum mandate.

Last edited by GreenBean; 12-21-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Sorry this is confusing.

What have your fees got to do with your buyer troubles?

Ah, I read more.

You tried to threaten eBay and made the choice of fees.

You may not like this.

You are in the wrong. You agreed to paying fees when you signed up. There is nothing in the T&C where fees are a bribe.

If this is a concern, you should take legal advise. Beyond the forum mandate.

No eBay is in the wrong for the most part. They not only changed me for all the listsings they closed. They charged me for all the items that sold and I haven't shipped out. They forced me to refund all the buyers and I was not even giving the chance to ship the items out witch pissed off alot of my buyers.

My acount was suspended for being scamed and not backing down, ebay refused to reopen the snad case after I shipped the item back. Or thats what the ebay rep told me.

I was told by a different eBay rep to file a charge back with my Cc (I dont have one) or open a case with paypal, but the bad ebay rep called up paypal or something and made it so I could not open a case with paypal.
I contracted ebay countless times to fix the problem a bad ebay rep made but they kept lying to me and I told them if they did not fix their mistake that I would file a charge back for all the fees they charged to my paypal account (did not have a billing agreement for my fees) and any other fees upto the 160$ for the item bought that ebay closed the case on me.

Basically bad ebay rep by the name of roy took me for a ride and the higher ups at ebay refused to do anything.
Hell the rep opend about 20 ⊗⊗⊗⊗ snad cases under my acount to get me suspended in the first place.

I did try to work things out with the seller before hand, but he never responded and was kicked of ebay, after I bought the item he had anout 30 neg feedback show up all saying the same thing more or less. That he was listening items in the usa but shipping junk form other countries. and his email on paypal was ⊗⊗⊗⊗. So I have no way of getting with him.

And no its not a concern for me. I just find it insane that ebay would close all my listings then charge me for them. Not do anything about it and charge me again after I filed a charge back. I can see how one would believe Im in the worng for filing a charge back on top of litings and refunds ebay closed on me. Thats not quite right. But nether is the way I was treated by the bad ebay rep and ebay complete refusal to fix their screw up.

Last edited by jade falcon; 12-21-2017 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

How long have you been using eBay? Are you really in North Korea or just being funny?

Why are you sounding like a teenager who has been told they can not do something?

eBay make the rules. eBay make the rules.

You should not go off and make errors like you did.

You do business. It is a chance of getting ripped off.
‘NOW, what you do is quickly learn stealth. You learn how to get even.
‘You put all these things you have said behind you.

eBay make the rules. Learn to work with this. Do not go filing claims because you think you know the law. You do not. In fact that chargeback of fees might even be close to fraud.

Last message in this post.

eBay make the rules. Learn stealth quickly. You will have support provided you do Stealth properly. You can not go off doing things that secant not help you undo.

Best wishes.

Last edited by GreenBean; 12-22-2017 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-21-2017
Executive [VIP]

Would you be nice and charge your flag to USA. It appears to be where you are located,please. That allows us to reply better.
Old 12-22-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,945 Times in 8,236 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade falcon View Post
most helpful relevant post.
I guise to simplify it, would ebay be legality allowed to collect on the fees after they were payed, but after I file a charge back.
Greenbean said it right initially: Sorry this is confusing.

Speaking clearly, eb can collect on the fees owed if you do a chargeback because you still owe.

Will they 100% do so? That's up to argument.

Making shorter posts and being more precise helps for answers.