Changing Stealth Account Address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-23-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default Changing Stealth Account Address?

I'm thinking about changing the address's of my stealth accounts closer to my own location for consistency's sake, so that I can ship through eBay and save time. Additionally I want to avoid messing around with 3rd party shipping services. Is this a good idea or will this raise flags?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-24-2020

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 26%
Default Re: Changing Stealth Account Address?

How old is your account?
Old 01-24-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

And is it high risk category of sales being done?
Old 01-24-2020

Longevity: 56%

I ship out a lot of Packages I just go to the Post Office. It cost maybe like 50 cents more but it saves me a lot time I look at it like a person is working for me then when I go home I upload the tracking right to paypal. This is a very old school way of doing it but it works for me.
Old 01-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lymbo70 View Post
How old is your account?
All of my accounts are aged at least 6 months old and have very low risk items sold on them initially.
Old 01-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekings99 View Post
I ship out a lot of Packages I just go to the Post Office. It cost maybe like 50 cents more but it saves me a lot time I look at it like a person is working for me then when I go home I upload the tracking right to paypal. This is a very old school way of doing it but it works for me.
I've actually been using a postage service that accepts btc but it's just a hassle, I need to streamline.
Old 01-24-2020

As for myself I don't have a real return mailing address. AKA real physical address. My address is real but I don't have mail sent back there. I always give the buyer my authentic a dress if they need to mail something back
Old 01-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
As for myself I don't have a real return mailing address. AKA real physical address. My address is real but I don't have mail sent back there. I always give the buyer my authentic a dress if they need to mail something back
Maybe I will have to adapt this method. Currently I've been using a UPS box on the return address when I ship stealth with btc postage, I also use this return address for my regular eBay biz and I wasn't sure if having the same return address would link accounts, which is another reason why I was hesitant to ship directly through eBay.
Old 01-24-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by schemebay View Post
Maybe I will have to adapt this method. Currently I've been using a UPS box on the return address when I ship stealth with btc postage, I also use this return address for my regular eBay biz and I wasn't sure if having the same return address would link accounts, which is another reason why I was hesitant to ship directly through eBay.
Here is what you can do. Print out your label with ur ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on it right. Then print out a label in note pad with your real address on it then mail it out. Some buyers will just mail items back to you with out emaing u first this is a great trick . Post office don't care about your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ making address they care were the item is going.
1 print your label with your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on it. Then print out your real address out and tape over your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address
Old 01-24-2020

Another thing you can do to avoid getting your returns mailed back to a faulty a dress. Is print out a in voice and tell them if you need to mail it back to mail it back to this address for return merchant authorization number.
Old 01-24-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Here is what you can do. Print out your label with ur ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on it right. Then print out a label in note pad with your real address on it then mail it out. Some buyers will just mail items back to you with out emaing u first this is a great trick . Post office don't care about your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ making address they care were the item is going.
1 print your label with your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on it. Then print out your real address out and tape over your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address
USPS's system won't recognize or care that you're trying to ship from a location no where near the return address?
Old 01-24-2020

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by schemebay View Post
USPS's system won't recognize or care that you're trying to ship from a location no where near the return address?
Yes they will care. The address on label when mailing could be miles away from where you are taking the pkg to be mailed.
Shipping costs are based on weight, distance and etc .
If you are using flat rate priority shipping it will not matter.
I print and pay for labels on line. In one instance I I forgot to take to post office and did not realize till I was a couple hundred miles from home. Went to post office in that town and post Master said I may have to pay more due to distance.
I normally use flat rate and no issue there.
Old 01-24-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighanns520 View Post
Yes they will care. The address on label when mailing could be miles away from where you are taking the pkg to be mailed.
Shipping costs are based on weight, distance and etc .
If you are using flat rate priority shipping it will not matter.
I print and pay for labels on line. In one instance I I forgot to take to post office and did not realize till I was a couple hundred miles from home. Went to post office in that town and post Master said I may have to pay more due to distance.
I normally use flat rate and no issue there.
If they get suspicious that the mailing address is in another state for example your inTexas but your address is in NYC. All you have to say is that is were you buy your items wholesale from and if they want to return them they have to go through them. I did this before no problem for me because I'm a very nice and easygoing person so they never asked me again about it.
Old 01-24-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

I think that instead of changing your address, adding a 2nd address to your account is a better option.
Old 01-24-2020

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
If they get suspicious that the mailing address is in another state for example your inTexas but your address is in NYC. All you have to say is that is were you buy your items wholesale from and if they want to return them they have to go through them. I did this before no problem for me because I'm a very nice and easygoing person so they never asked me again about it.
What I was trying to express is that when I print and pay for a label online
Shipping costs are configured from address on eBay to the buyers location.
If I take this pkg to a post office out of my area and it's even further away from my buyers location I could end up with additional shipping fees.
On occasion I get charged and reimbursed on labels already printed and shipped when I have not provided enough postage.
eBay deducts the extra shipping or returns the extra paid.
I spend a lot time out of state and ship from my other homes address, therefore the distance between buyer an seller could end up costing me additional fees.
My info is real, if it was stealth I would be concerned as when more postage is needed etc, ebay just might put some extra eyes on my account. If stealth that may cause a problem one wouldn't want to have when it's something that easy to not have happen.
Old 01-25-2020

Longevity: 39%

Don't worry about this. Just put the weight right and forget it. I'm shipping 1000's of packages for decades, they don't care about origin zip code unless it is big packages. Small things USPS the difference is pennies. Sometimes if you put the weight wrong and they catch you, next time you try to print a label in Paypal it asks you to pay the unpaid postage (this is a wonderful thing because it means they are scanning our packages)
Old 01-25-2020

Longevity: 31%

Just a heads up. One of my pirateship accounts was banned as my ship from address was a few hours away from the warehouse it actually ships out of. Didn't think it would matter. As far as my local postal guy- he could care less.