How are new ebay sellers supposed to compete with chinese sellers/competitors? - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-15-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: How are new ebay sellers supposed to compete with chinese sellers/competitors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
I read this morning that 21 people had died of this virus in the UK. Since this storm broke 1500 have died from 'winter flu' and 1700 died in road accidents in the last year - perspective has been completely discarded and the baby is being thrown out with the bath water - we live in crazy times
While I don't completely agree, it's more about POTENTIAL deaths. You can't use current numbers, and compare them to examples of known variables. This is still an unknown variable.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2020

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: How are new ebay sellers supposed to compete with chinese sellers/competitors?

Originally Posted by Estarossa View Post
Most people on this forum are buying bulk from china and reselling, not many are buying from ebay to resell on ebay and i would think the profit margins would be higher if you sold chinese stuff since it's so cheap to acquire. If anyone has a list of sites i can take a look at to find some products that aren't extremely saturated and worth selling, let me know please!
-------------------------------------
No one is going to tell you where they find cheap and good stuff to sell,you have to do your own homework.
anysite which you can find with a click of the mouse,others can too.
get off the internet and go to your local stores,wholesale district,estate auctions,storage auctions,garage sales.
My neighbor held a garage sale ,she has tire generators for boats and autos ,selling for $8 a piece(brand new made in China),these sell for $35-65 on Ebay.
Old 03-18-2020

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post
I read this morning that 21 people had died of this virus in the UK. Since this storm broke 1500 have died from 'winter flu' and 1700 died in road accidents in the last year - perspective has been completely discarded and the baby is being thrown out with the bath water - we live in crazy times
you are totally off base and mis informed, when all is said and done this virus will kill in the 100s of thousand worldwide.
Old 03-18-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Most people on this forum are buying bulk from china and reselling, not many are buying from ebay to resell on ebay and i would think the profit margins would be higher if you sold chinese stuff since it's so cheap to acquire. If anyone has a list of sites i can take a look at to find some products that aren't extremely saturated and worth selling, let me know please!
-------------------------------------
No one is going to tell you where they find cheap and good stuff to sell,you have to do your own homework.
anysite which you can find with a click of the mouse,others can too.
get off the internet and go to your local stores,wholesale district,estate auctions,storage auctions,garage sales.
My neighbor held a garage sale ,she has tire generators for boats and autos ,selling for $8 a piece(brand new made in China),these sell for $35-65 on Ebay.
What you need to do is find a product you understand and negotiate with a Chinese manufacturer to make for you. I have done that successfully and pay $3.50 for items I sell for $35 on ebay .
Old 03-18-2020

Longevity: 77%

Starting to report all them who post without indicate goods are in China ( 99% of them )
Old 03-18-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
you are totally off base and mis informed, when all is said and done this virus will kill in the 100s of thousand worldwide.
that's it? The seasonal flu kills 40-80k in the US alone every year.
Old 12-18-2020

Longevity: 23%

Something must be done about the chinese. They are vermin. Now i'm hearing ebay uk is owned by the chinese so all chinese have a free pass to do whatever they want. Why must us uk native suffer? We went through the hassle of exporting their **** from china to the uk and they are lying about their item location with delivery time 15 days uk to uk and getting away with it, they're putting the prices less than half of what we usually sell. Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I hope managed payments financially ruins them all.
The Following User Says Thank You to vmdetection For This Useful Post:
james13v (12-19-2020)
Old 12-18-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdetection View Post
Something must be done about the chinese. They are vermin. Now i'm hearing ebay uk is owned by the chinese so all chinese have a free pass to do whatever they want. Why must us uk native suffer? We went through the hassle of exporting their **** from china to the uk and they are lying about their item location with delivery time 15 days uk to uk and getting away with it, they're putting the prices less than half of what we usually sell. Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. I hope managed payments financially ruins them all.
It won't be easy for them, but all those losses will also be happening for ebay. Managed payments is going to kill ebay
Old 12-19-2020

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post
I’ve made a success by actually increasing the price but just packaging the same product differently and competed with Chinese sellers on the UK market and actually done more sales and more profit! Some people get the false economy sense and prefer to buy something that’s worth a little more for a sense of it will last or get better support.

As a couple posted have already alluded to your kinda selling yourself and the service your offering. Don’t just focus on the product solely
Couldn't agree more. Customer service is key. Tell a potential buyer WHY they need it and HOW it will help them.

Last edited by james_112233; 12-19-2020 at 03:06 AM.
Old 02-14-2021

100% agree with you, nothing will ever be done about them because ebay have been told not to touch chinese sellers by the owners who also happen to be chinese. It's a shame genuine uk sellers just put up with this and allow chinese to ruin their market.
Old 02-14-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Couldn't agree more. Customer service is key. Tell a potential buyer WHY they need it and HOW it will help them.
The problem is that a normal buyer is going to see no difference between you and a chinese seller. They put their item location as UK, even their pictures have "UK Seller", and the main issue i have is that ebay does not enforce the chinese sellers to put an accurate item location, this alone would give british sellers the advantage they rightfully should have by actually being in the country. And i've heard some people say "oh but they use warehouses in the UK", 5/100 chinese sellers may use warehouses, the other 95 are blatantly misrepresenting their product and it's so easy to find them aswell, all you have to do is take a look at their feedback and you will see negative feedback people claiming item came from china and took 2 weeks.
james13v (02-14-2021)
Old 02-14-2021

2 weeks?In USA,it can take 30 days and US is talking about not delivering Chinese packages for so little money in return,if so,then Chinese would not be able to sell an item for 99 cents and free shipping from China
Old 02-14-2021

Longevity: 19%

People are really complaining about individuals selling products made in their country and getting upset they can't profit off of the same items, lmao. If you dislike them so much, don't sell their products.
Old 02-14-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaycoupons View Post
People are really complaining about individuals selling products made in their country and getting upset they can't profit off of the same items, lmao. If you dislike them so much, don't sell their products.
You sound like a moron. They are complaining, because the Chinese are LYING and BREAKING THE RULES, as well as having their shipping subsidized by our countries and getting help from their own countries. We aren't complaining about Chinese selling their Chinese products. We are complaining about the fact that ebay is allowing them to break every rule set forth, which puts them on an uneven platform above us, for which we have zero ability to get around.

Is this concept really so hard for you to understand, lmao.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
vmdetection (03-22-2021)
Old 02-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post

Is this concept really so hard for you to understand, lmao.
Morning chuckle
Old 03-21-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7k7k View Post
The people of every country will have their own advantages. In-depth study and mutual exchange. In order to get more opportunities.
Yeah, except your country has government advantages. Both, from your government, and the heavily subsidizes shipping from our government. Not to mention, most other countries have WAY more laws we have to follow, AND we have to follow every other countries laws. While your government couldn't give a rats ass about any other country or it's laws, and barely cares about it's own in anything that doesn't completely benefit itself.

Last edited by james13v; 03-22-2021 at 08:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaycoupons View Post
You are mistaken, that's not what the issue is. I don't think anyone has an issue with chinese sellers selling items from china as long as the item location is accurate, this way uk sellers can simply filter uk sellers with one click. The issue and problem OP and many others including myself have is that chinese sellers on UK are either putting the item location as UK even though they're shipping from China, this way uk buyers can't filter genuine uk sellers and they're taking sales away by using this dirty tactic.
I admit there are some power sellers who have warehouses or shipping services they hire in the UK but 95% of chinese sellers ship directly from china and have an inaccurate item location.
It's no secret that chinese are buying UK eBay Stealth accounts in bulk, they are only after UK because our currency is strong and probably some other tax/custom reasons aswell. So the issues we have with the chinese is not that they're trying to sell their items in our country, it's that they refuse to play on an even playing field.
I don't think any sensible person would argue that it's okay to use an inaccurate item location and buying uk stealth accounts in bulk to pretend to be a uk seller while you ship from China and some of them have gone a step further and are taking part in identity theft all to appear genuine. If you don't believe me, search for any item you can think of on Ebay UK and guarantee the first page will be 95% chinese sellers. It's a plague really, i could go on and on how they've destroyed Ebay UK but you get the message and i suspect you might be chinese-american yourself or you simply haven't dealt with the chinese because they don't bother with USA that much. I can only hope Managed Payments puts a stop to these guys using 20 different accounts to completely take over a market. Shame on any UK account sellers here who sell to chinese and disregard the impact it has caused.

Last edited by vmdetection; 03-22-2021 at 10:58 AM.
james13v (03-23-2021)
Old 03-22-2021

There are some US sellers who sell the same stuff as Chinese sellers in the title,they said ship from USA,thats get my attention and I will buy from them,altho it does cost me more and arrive faster.
If you are in UK,there are some very nice items you can sell on Ebay,many of your fellow UK sellers are also actve on EBAY USA.
As one antique dealer who used to go to UK Christie midweek auction for dealers TOLD ME,the Brits may not be rich,but their family past down some nice things other people want,have you ever watch Antique Road SHOW.
The largest Antique fair in the world is held in UK every year.
Old 04-07-2021

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
It won't be easy for them, but all those losses will also be happening for ebay. Managed payments is going to kill ebay
I have a long wire on this one. I would appreciate if you could you explain why is Managed Payments going to kill Chinese sellers and eBay?
Old 04-16-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmdetection View Post
You are mistaken, that's not what the issue is. I don't think anyone has an issue with chinese sellers selling items from china as long as the item location is accurate, this way uk sellers can simply filter uk sellers with one click. The issue and problem OP and many others including myself have is that chinese sellers on UK are either putting the item location as UK even though they're shipping from China, this way uk buyers can't filter genuine uk sellers and they're taking sales away by using this dirty tactic.
I admit there are some power sellers who have warehouses or shipping services they hire in the UK but 95% of chinese sellers ship directly from china and have an inaccurate item location.
It's no secret that chinese are buying UK eBay Stealth accounts in bulk, they are only after UK because our currency is strong and probably some other tax/custom reasons aswell. So the issues we have with the chinese is not that they're trying to sell their items in our country, it's that they refuse to play on an even playing field.
I don't think any sensible person would argue that it's okay to use an inaccurate item location and buying uk stealth accounts in bulk to pretend to be a uk seller while you ship from China and some of them have gone a step further and are taking part in identity theft all to appear genuine. If you don't believe me, search for any item you can think of on Ebay UK and guarantee the first page will be 95% chinese sellers. It's a plague really, i could go on and on how they've destroyed Ebay UK but you get the message and i suspect you might be chinese-american yourself or you simply haven't dealt with the chinese because they don't bother with USA that much. I can only hope Managed Payments puts a stop to these guys using 20 different accounts to completely take over a market. Shame on any UK account sellers here who sell to chinese and disregard the impact it has caused.
Interesting take
Old 04-19-2021

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by itolduandso View Post
I have a long wire on this one. I would appreciate if you could you explain why is Managed Payments going to kill Chinese sellers and eBay?
Sorry nagging again on this. What does it mean. Will ebay be able to tell if a seller address is in China or how does Managed Payments mean trouble for Chinese sellers? I just don't get what is the kill connection here.

This is what I found online but I don't get how is this impacting them negatively:
eBay announced this week that they will be expanding their management of payments for sellers in Greater China. In April 2021 the company will offer buyers more flexibility and choice in payment methods and give sellers an easier way to manage their businesses.
Old 04-21-2021

Quote:
I mean i was just browsing and straight away i see business information clearly showing the seller is from china/hk, and theirr item location is listed in the UK and delivery is 3 days, within 2 days dispatch, so the item is clearly in the UK, so delivery is same as UK sellers since they clearly have the stock in the UK.
Some Chinese sellers are exploiting the Hong Kong Post system as Hong Kong Post ePackets are more efficient and reliable than China Post.

True Hong Kongers hate Chinese sellers way more than you could imagine.

I stopped the eBay game because of them.