Ebay asking for photo of goods with ID - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-20-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
Default Ebay asking for photo of goods with ID

Ebay asking for photo of goods with ID

Background:
new italian eBay Stealth acc
just listed items from amazon italy
sent them ID, invoices
but they want more. Here is English translation:

"Thank you for sending us the documentation that has been requested of you in order to carry out the necessary checks to evaluate the possibility of restoring your account, but we need your collaboration again.

In order to proceed with a verification and reactivation of the account. I kindly ask you to send us:

3. A photo of all the objects offered for sale with your identity card open next to it.

The easiest and fastest way to do this is to reply to this email, attaching the requested files, directly from your inbox and not using eBay messaging, from which unfortunately it is not yet possible to insert attachments. Otherwise you can attach the documentation through this link:"

Question: like always! WHAT TO DO?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-20-2020

Thanked 1,099 Times in 1,035 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

A photo of all the objects offered for sale with your identity card open next to it.
------------
did you copy the AMZn pictures?
Retail arbitrage is not allowed on Ebay

retail arbitrage is not dropshipping-
taking the customer money ,then asking another RETAILER like AMZN,COSTCO,WMT etc to ship for you,is arbitrage from one retailer to another retailer.
Dropshipping is asking your wholesaler.distributor or manufacturer to ship for you,say a tractor,machinery,server.etc.
Ebay can tell from the pictures,ship from location,tracking number or your buyer complaint to Ebay that you are engaging in retail arbitrage.
Asking you to post the items with your ID is one way to prove to Ebay you are not engaging in retail arbitrage.
Long time ago,someone asked me to sell some preColumbian artifacts,she claimed the are authentic, Ebay wants me to take a picture of myself with my Ebay ID,passport and the goods,so this is nothing new.

AMZN is not too thrilled about such practice,if your buyer wants to return the item back to AMZN,AMZN may not refund your money.

Retail arbitrage is when you go to walmart and find a special deal and then buy physical goods and then ship them to amazon warehouse. Just an example.
----
You are WRONG,WRONG Wrong.
go to Ebay and read what is retail arbitrage
You list an item on EBAY,you DO NOT have the item but you take his money,go t o WMT,AMZN or Costco or Wayfair and place an order so it will ship to your buyer is RETAIL ARBITRAGE.
From one retailer (you) to another retailer(AMZN,WMT,WAYFAIR,OVERSTOCK,EBAY,COSTCO,ET C)

IF YOU DONT care and you think Ebay is retarded,why come and ask us?
why sell on a retarded site?
Are you retarded as well?

Last edited by TGMT²; 03-21-2020 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-20-2020

Activity: 37%
Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Ebay asking for photo of goods with ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
A photo of all the objects offered for sale with your identity card open next to it.
------------
did you copy the AMZn pictures?
Retail arbitrage is not allowed on Ebay
Stock photos are, I’ve talked to very high up people. It is “technically” copyright when you do it, but we’re not in a online world where it’s really that big of a deal. Only issue is if they think your drop shipping on a new account. Only logical explanation
Old 03-21-2020

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Ebay have become extremely good at weeding out retail arbitrage to the point its almost dead. Can't say I'm too sad TBH.
Yeah I would tend to agree, although I have had consistent issues with people blatantly copying and pasting my ads and images that I created myself and then undercutting my prices. Ebay never seem too interested about it so I have had to find other means to have them removed, which require a lot more effort on my part sadly.
Old 03-21-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainComedown View Post
Yeah I would tend to agree, although I have had consistent issues with people blatantly copying and pasting my ads and images that I created myself and then undercutting my prices. Ebay never seem too interested about it so I have had to find other means to have them removed, which require a lot more effort on my part sadly.
Copying your ads and images???
In dropshipping we copy images from the SOURCE. Was it you the one who took pictures for walmart or amazon?
Old 03-21-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Somehow find a way to give them what they want or start a new account.

Ebay have become extremely good at weeding out retail arbitrage to the point its almost dead. Can't say I'm too sad TBH.
How do you know?? Open any analytical\product research program and you will see a lot of dropshippers. The only think I noticed is now there are less dropshippers but who survived making more sales. Before I was listing items if there were 4 sales per month. Now minimum 14!
A lot of accounts I ve created recently were suspended. Before I even listed anything. So it is not about dropshipping. But I have dropshipping accounts which sell very good and still alive.
Old 03-21-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubleHD View Post

Question: like always! WHAT TO DO?
Kind of seems clear to do what is asked - is there a problem?
Old 03-21-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
retail arbitrage is not dropshipping-
taking the customer money ,then asking another RETAILER like AMZN,COSTCO,WMT etc to ship for you,is arbitrage from one retailer to another retailer.
Dropshipping is asking your wholesaler.distributor or manufacturer to ship for you,say a tractor,machinery,server.etc.
Ebay can tell from the pictures,ship from location,tracking number or your buyer complaint to Ebay that you are engaging in retail arbitrage.
Asking you to post the items with your ID is one way to prove to Ebay you are not engaging in retail arbitrage.
Long time ago,someone asked me to sell some preColumbian artifacts,she claimed the are authentic, Ebay wants me to take a picture of myself with my Ebay ID,passport and the goods,so this is nothing new.
Ebay agents don't see the difference! I spoke with number of representatives when lifting limits and they ask: do you posses your items? And I told them that I use a fulfilment center(lets says shipstation). After that all of them were saying: Ohh you don't posses your items? You make someone else ship your items? Is it dropshipping? And I always got low selling limits.
After that I stopped saying that!

What you are describing is not a retail arbitrage. Retail arbitrage is when you go to walmart and find a special deal and then buy physical goods and then ship them to amazon warehouse. Just an example.
DS from amazon to ebay can be called online arbitrage. What you describing can be called wholesale dropshipping.

I don't care. I m doing what I m doing. Just asked a question here. If nobody gives a good advice then I will try to make a story. Probably will tell them that I already sold those items and because of coronavirus stopped business haha. yeah, everybody uses it as an excuse now. If doesn't work then yes - new account.

B to be honest it is a retarded request. If I decide to sell physical goods I would still use amazon warehouse to fulfill orders. I just would buy wholesale and send it to amazon. Or fulfilment center. How are you going to take pictures from 3rd party fulfilment warehouse? I m not complaining, I know ebay is retarded. This is why we have to keep calm and keep creating new accounts. But sometimes it worth trying to reinstate