So now ebay's 30 day return is effectivly a 60 day return? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-26-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default So now ebay's 30 day return is effectivly a 60 day return?

What kinda bull**** is this? Why would the buyer possibly need 30 entire days to ship the item back. This is an effective 60 day return policy, and that's just ridiculous.

By the way. Any other top rated sellers have funds held for their buyers remorse returns?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 22%
Default Re: So now ebay's 30 day return is effectivly a 60 day return?

Yes ,most business extended return days to 60 or 90days due to Covid-19
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
where have yu been?
30 days return and fund withheld as soon as the case is open.
Dont blame Ebay and Paypal,too many sellers withdrew the money and leave them holding the bag !
With COV19, I believe Ebay has extended the days buyer have to SHIP the item
Ugh. Again, TOP RATED never had holds on their money, and my other top rated account does not have holds on RETURNS. That's the whole point of being top rated. How many top rated are withdrawing money and just completely abandoning their accounts?? So yes, I will blame ebay. 10 year, top rated power seller anchor stores are not jumping ship over a $50 return.

Yes, I know. That's what I said. Buyer goes from 5 days to 30 days to ship the item. And the seller gets a whole extra 2 days to refund. There is ZERO reason for ANYONE to need an extra MONTH to ship back an item. They are provided a free label. They don't have to go anywhere but their mail box.
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilianpinpin View Post
Yes ,most business extended return days to 60 or 90days due to Covid-19
What's that got to do with me tho? If those businesses choose to do that, that's on them. I had a 30 day return. There is no reason for my items to be used for an entire 2 months before they have to ship them out. being forced to do 30 day returns was bad enough. There is no reason why anyone would need to have my item for more than even a week, before determining if they need it anymore. And if ebay feels the buyer deserves an entire month to print the label and put it in the mailbox, how is it that they give sellers a whopping 2 extra days to refund the item? Are sellers some how immune to any situation that required the buyer to have to wait 30 days? This is an absurd situation and run around of the 30 day return policy. They might as well just call it what it is. 60 day returns, as long as the buyer opens the return within 30 days. So while the return is open, my money is being held for a MONTH, while I can't resell that item. So my item, my money, and potential sales are held up for a month.
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You are assuming the buyer is using your item free within that return period.
I agree,it does not take 30 days for a buyer to decide he wants to return the item,but fleabay hosts new as in mint in box,slightly used,refurbished,used,junk so a 30 days policy
is needed,thats just Ebay.
Many items for sale are found in attic,basement, store returns,may look fine but exposed to heat,dropped ,tempered with,they may work for a short period and then stop working,be it a coffee maker,a laptop,a printer,a door chime.
You may want to look into applying for a line of credit to add to your working capital
99% of my returns are buyers remorse, so it has nothing to do with there being an issue with the item. My items don't break. My items don't stop working. My items couldn't care less about heat, nor being dropped. My returns are always the buyer no longer needing it, or the buyer being completely lazy and not reading the description, or even the title sometimes. These things are usually figured out within hours or days of receiving the item. not 30 days, and then another 30 days to ship it after you decided you don't need it anymore.
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 36%

Agreed with James. Absolutely ludicrous.

I understand when there was a nation wide lock down where people had to stay home. Everything is essentially back to normal with traveling as long as people are wearing masks. It's ridiculous for people to need a whole 60 days to determine if they want to send it back or not, especially since most people are currently out of work and can test the item at will.
The Following User Says Thank You to prodigyace For This Useful Post:
james13v (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigyace View Post
Agreed with James. Absolutely ludicrous.

I understand when there was a nation wide lock down where people had to stay home. Everything is essentially back to normal with traveling as long as people are wearing masks. It's ridiculous for people to need a whole 60 days to determine if they want to send it back or not, especially since most people are currently out of work and can test the item at will.
Like you said, the fact that they were all staying home, is even MORE reason why they don't need 60 days. What the hell else did they have to do? I don't understand even when there was a lock down. Because shipping something back, still doesn't require you to leave your house. Hell, you can even have the post office come and pick up your item, if it's something big. There was no legitimate reason to extend the return shipping window. They just used this as an excuse to do something they've wanted to do for awhile.
Old 06-27-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

They did this quite a while back and yes, it really stinks.

I think they are copying the return model of places like Walmart -_-
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
unless Ebay has a return policy per category or group of category,else one size fits all when it comes to return,
TGT and WMT have 90 days return for most products,Best buy has 15-45 days return depending on products and the member status.
what about restocking fee for buyer remorse return,can we still do that?
I know on Etsy we can
Yes we can still do a restocking fee. But don't call it a restocking fee. And ebay is/has considered doing category specific returns. Because there is a big difference between buying a brand new flat screen, and an 80 year old vintage plastic toy.