Will my eBay account be back to normal again? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-29-2020

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%
Default Will my eBay account be back to normal again?

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since I posted something on this forum but could do with some advice on my eBay account.

About a week and a half ago I started drop shipping from amazon to eBay. I was using shopmaster to upload amazon products to eBay. About a week ago I received this email sorry if it’s long wounded.

Hello,

We’ve determined that you haven’t followed our selling practices - drop shipping policy.

There is evidence on your account that you are purchasing items from an online retail or marketplace site after you sell the item on eBay and having that retailer ship the item directly to the customer. While in violation of this policy, the account will not be eligible for the Top Rated program until it is in compliance.

For more information on this and related policies, please go to:

Drop shipping:
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/sh...ipping?id=4176

Selling practices policy:
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/s...policy?id=4346

Seller levels and performance standards:
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/se...ndards?id=4080

Regards,

The eBay team

So after receiving the email on Sunday my eBay account was flagged my listings which were at the top of the page sunk down the pages promoted listings had dropped from 50k to 70k views a day to just a couple of hundred views a day maybe a 1000 if i was lucky. This has obviously resulted in very very slow sales from 50 a day to maybe 3 or 5 a day.

I’ve removed shopmaster from selling preferences and removed all amazon listings and only kept my original products up for sale.

I’ve been in touch with eBay since Sunday every day since Sunday. Today I receive this email again sorry if it’s long wounded.

Hello Sam,

Thank you for contacting eBay regarding the drop shipping issue on your account.
This is follow up email regarding the issue in concern with your recent contact with me.
I had escalated your issue to our higher end special team for an account review to check the possibilities of removing the issue from your account.

They have carefully checked all the aspects to see if there could be any possibility to get your issue removed. Despite all the best efforts I am sorry that our decision regarding this eBay account was upheld. Our risk management team has denied your appeal. However, please do not worry as the system will track your account and will automatically remove this issue after 1-2 months as you are already aware about the issue and is performing well.

We understand that this may not be the answer which you might have anticipated. We have tried our best and touch-based every aspect to address it. We would have been glad if we were able to resolve your issue.

Kind regards

Does the email above mean in 30-60 days my eBay account will be back to normal again?

Any help will be much appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Will my eBay account be back to normal again?

Your sales are being throttled. eBay isn't too happy with sellers dropshipping from Amazon. Sometime in 2018, Salefreaks.com had a row with eBay for throttling dropshipper's sales.

See this article

Then see if this article is any help.
Old 09-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your reply. The article was very helpful. I have ended all the listings now so do you think in 1 to 2 months my eBay account and promoted listings will be back to where they was?

I was thinking of ending all sponsored listings now and lowering the price to eBays best match lowest price so my items will be higher in lowest price section. Do you think this is a good idea for now?
Old 09-29-2020

Longevity: 37%

You now have to show eBay that you seriously ended your drop-shipping business. List your own products for sale, remove any drop-shipping software privileges from your account, get some sales and feedback --> give eBay a call 60 days from now and go from there.

The fact that they didn't ban you says they want to give you a 2nd chance to get things right.
Old 09-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the reply it’s much appreciated. I was thinking of ending my sponsored listings as I’m barely getting any views now.

Do you think it will benefit me to end sponsored listings while the restriction is on my account?
Old 09-30-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Just end the sponsored listings.
Old 09-30-2020

Longevity: 37%

Yes, end the sponsoered listings and use organic ones instead for a couple or three months.
Old 09-30-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 54%

Risk management team is heighest team in ebay who lookafter mc11 issues etc and luckily they not suspended your account wait for 2 months
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (09-30-2020)
Old 09-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Thanks again for the replies. I’ve ended sponsored listings and still getting 5 or so sales a day no where near what it was like but yeah I am grateful I’m still allowed to sell at the moment and not suspended.
Old 09-30-2020

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Yes, end the sponsoered listings and use organic ones instead for a couple or three months.
why tho? What would this change?
Old 10-01-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Thanks again for the replies. I’ve ended sponsored listings and still getting 5 or so sales a day no where near what it was like but yeah I am grateful I’m still allowed to sell at the moment and not suspended.
Nice compromise for the moment
Old 10-01-2020
Threadstarter  

I’m kind of wishing I never ended sponsored listings. So far today my sponsored listings are at 4 views which I expected after ending them but more worrying is my organic views are only at 8 from
14,000 the other day and 4,000 the other day.

These numbers have now resulted me in 0 sales so far today.

Any advice on how I can get the organic views back up again as an eBay rep said it shouldn’t effect that and you still should get some sales.
Old 10-01-2020

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 39%

So much bad advice from people who obviously don’t drop ship. Your account is toast. I promise you, even if you ended all of your listings and removed that stupid repricer/monitor and waited for a year, your account would still remain flagged. Start a new account and never use shopmaster because it connects directly to eBay’s API.
Old 10-03-2020
Threadstarter  

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I’ve been told by eBay management team that if I use tracking numbers to post the items the eBay system will pick that I’m posting from my location and within 30-60 days it will be back to normal they have told me not to worry so I’m going with what they say at the moment. Hopefully it will be back to normal again.
Old 10-03-2020

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I’ve been told by eBay management team that if I use tracking numbers to post the items the eBay system will pick that I’m posting from my location and within 30-60 days it will be back to normal they have told me not to worry so I’m going with what they say at the moment. Hopefully it will be back to normal again.
LOL, call again and get a different rep, and see what they say. Then do that a couple more times. Once you receive the 4 different answers, you might be able to put something together resembling the truth.
The Following User Says Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (10-05-2020)
Old 10-03-2020
Threadstarter  

If I’m honest I’ve probably spoken to more than 4 people and the answers have all been the same so I’m just going to ride this loss out and see what happens. It’s going to go one way or the other.
Old 10-04-2020

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
LOL, call again and get a different rep, and see what they say. Then do that a couple more times. Once you receive the 4 different answers, you might be able to put something together resembling the truth.
LOL exactly! Typical eBay agents.
Old 10-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
If I’m honest I’ve probably spoken to more than 4 people and the answers have all been the same so I’m just going to ride this loss out and see what happens. It’s going to go one way or the other.
Rough to hear - round of inept agents :(
Old 10-05-2020
Threadstarter  

I spoke to someone else again and they said if I provide tracking numbers to prove that the items have been posted from my address with in 30 days from the day I started using tracking numbers my eBay account will be back to normal again.

They said they’ve seen this happen loads of times where accounts have been fully restored.
Old 10-05-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

back to normal means you are just another 'john' twisting in the wind !!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2020

Longevity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2SS View Post
So much bad advice from people who obviously don’t drop ship. Your account is toast. I promise you, even if you ended all of your listings and removed that stupid repricer/monitor and waited for a year, your account would still remain flagged. Start a new account and never use shopmaster because it connects directly to eBay’s API.
So if the account is toast as you say...but still flagged and not banned/suspended can we just go and make a new account and the flag will not carryover to the new account? Can we use different email, same name, address, bank info, etc. to make new account and be OK. I heard that accounts that are banned/suspended need to worry about having all new stuff and stealth accounts compared to flagged accounts. If we are using managed payments then we don't have to worry about having new Paypal accounts either.
Old 10-09-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbuyer80 View Post
So if the account is toast as you say...but still flagged and not banned/suspended can we just go and make a new account and the flag will not carryover to the new account? Can we use different email, same name, address, bank info, etc. to make new account and be OK. I heard that accounts that are banned/suspended need to worry about having all new stuff and stealth accounts compared to flagged accounts. If we are using managed payments then we don't have to worry about having new Paypal accounts either.
Stealth principle to apply