By providing your SSN to PP; were e-funds back to normal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
Default By providing your SSN to PP; were e-funds back to normal?

My question is in regards to the new Paypal tax information request. Did PP limit your account or block the account?

For those that have had to provide an SSN, and did so, did that allow you to continue to recieve payments(e-funds) and allow to send e-funds as before?

Thank you!
waterproof
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

In all of my cases that were actually limited,when you provide it you get instant access to your account like it was before.

I had a deal the other day that I posted about. They limited my account a while after saying that my EIN didnt match my name and Business. I was surprised that my full name had to be the same as what the IRS has for the SSN. Although PP doesnt know the SSN they do require that the name be the same as your Tax ID.

They might as well now just ask for SSN only since its got to be matching in order to get back on paypal.
waterproof (10-30-2011)
Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRay View Post
In all of my cases that were actually limited,when you provide it you get instant access to your account like it was before.

I had a deal the other day that I posted about. They limited my account a while after saying that my EIN didnt match my name and Business. I was surprised that my full name had to be the same as what the IRS has for the SSN. Although PP doesnt know the SSN they do require that the name be the same as your Tax ID.

They might as well now just ask for SSN only since its got to be matching in order to get back on paypal.
Question...

Do you mean they required both the BUSINESS name AND RESPONSIBLE PARTY names to match? That is the premise I have been working under, but some people say that only the business name has to match.

I know that for an EIN issued to a SOLE PROPRIETOR, the actual person's name must be provided and match the IRS records. The confusion seems to come up when talking about an EIN issued to a corporation or an LLC.

Last edited by jeffweico; 10-29-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Also curious in what jeffweico is asking...
Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

I have one LLC that was asked and a sole Prop that I deal with on Ebay currently. Both were asked. They wanted to know how I spelled my name and business name. Most think the LLC hides you as a person but it really only hides your assets from liability. If you want to hide deep you have to do Corporations, LLC's, etc. There is a lot to that since you have to show a reason that you need to be hidden so to speak. that is a simple way to put it not literal.

Not sure where it is but I listed the stuff we talked about on the phone with PP as well. Just a few days ago. My search is hosed up for some reason or I would post it on here. Locking up when I search.

They explained why they were asking this info of me.

Now a Corp-S would be a little different but that isnt something I am dealing with now. A corp is way more involved since you have to name CEO, Etc for each category. Again, more to it.
Old 10-29-2011
Executive [VIP]

Heres another issue I dealt with on my sole Prop. I had an alteration of my name listed with the IRS. Very close but not exactly like my SSN card. (works in some but not very many states) When paypal checked it, I had to go back and change the name on my IRS Paperwork. Still trying to deal with that but kindof a mess. Not sure now how EIN will work with stealth. Might just have to abandone when they ask. Not bad if its a hobbly, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Question...

Do you mean they required both the BUSINESS name AND RESPONSIBLE PARTY names to match? That is the premise I have been working under, but some people say that only the business name has to match.

I know that for an EIN issued to a SOLE PROPRIETOR, the actual person's name must be provided and match the IRS records. The confusion seems to come up when talking about an EIN issued to a corporation or an LLC.
Old 10-30-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Good detailed information in Re: to the SSN and the same name on your tax ID.

Quote:

Old 10-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Heres another issue I dealt with on my sole Prop. I had an alteration of my name listed with the IRS. Very close but not exactly like my SSN card. (works in some but not very many states) When paypal checked it, I had to go back and change the name on my IRS Paperwork. Still trying to deal with that but kindof a mess. Not sure now how EIN will work with stealth. Might just have to abandone when they ask. Not bad if its a hobbly, I guess.
If this is all truly the case now, doesn't it make using EIN/TIN's almost useless when trying to be ste.alth? I mean, asking for your full name would surely be a deadly link to any legitimate banned account most of us have had in the past.

I know we have all discussed this in such detail, but to me, this is the first time you all are talking about them actually requesting the personal names attached to these numbers rather than just a matching business name.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
guitarca18 (10-30-2011)
Old 10-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
If this is all truly the case now, doesn't it make using EIN/TIN's almost useless when trying to be ste.alth? I mean, asking for your full name would surely be a deadly link to any legitimate banned account most of us have had in the past.

I know we have all discussed this in such detail, but to me, this is the first time you all are talking about them actually requesting the personal names attached to these numbers rather than just a matching business name.

Just about all of my posts regarding EIN's and SSN's say that using them is NOT the way to go if you want stealth.

The stealth way has not changed, YOu have to split up accounts. The things thats changed is now you must abandon them for good when they ask for the Tax ID or SSN. Once they lock it up its useless,

I would not expect to simply go back to them next year with a cleans slate either. I am not sure but think they will simply keep them limited until you post it. I dont see them just letting you have at it again up to 20k or when they decide to ask.

the reason the name issue is just coming up is becuase I just got the limitatino the other day requesting me to cofirm names on those accounts. Must be a new deal we will have to deal with.

dont see any overcoming it really, just dealing with it is all you can do. Or go stealth like other are. Thats how the game will have to be played now it seems
Old 10-31-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I don't have a IEN or an LLC. I have your normal stealth account with a legitimate name. I also have the legitimate SSN ready to use for that name if necessary. After reading your threads above, I would seem to be safe.
The issue is, should I just go ahead and provide it now and be finished with them. I have also checked my monthly income from Jan 1 until now. I'm nowhere near their 20k, but I guess I could keep track on what I bring in and send out just in case I would come close.
Old 10-31-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

This new tax proposal is ONLY from January 1st to December 31st? Which I guess is their fiscal year? Thanks!
Old 10-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproof View Post
I don't have a IEN or an LLC. I have your normal stealth account with a legitimate name. I also have the legitimate SSN ready to use for that name if necessary. After reading your threads above, I would seem to be safe.
The issue is, should I just go ahead and provide it now and be finished with them. I have also checked my monthly income from Jan 1 until now. I'm nowhere near their 20k, but I guess I could keep track on what I bring in and send out just in case I would come close.
Be careful with that. If you know the owner of the legitimate name and SSN, it is probably OK, but if you don't have their permission, then it is considered identity theft.

Of course, it is not a great idea to use a legitimate person's information for stealth for a whole lot of reasons thast have nothing to do with the IRS.
Old 10-31-2011
Executive [VIP]

Yeah man, Dont do that. Use your SSN if you can. What if they report it anyway? then what are you going to do when your friend or who ever get the tax bill and it hoses up their whole return for that year. Its more than just paying it for them. It affects everything on the tax forms

What I mean by reporting it anyway is this. No where has anyone lie paypal or amazon said that they will NOT send 1099's to the IRS and you if you dont hit 20k and 200 items. They just said that its required for those accounts to be reported.

Its in no way illegal or anything wrong with them reporting anything they want. Banks do it with stuff all the time.

Not saying they are, just nothing has said they are not. I completely feel like they will send 1099's for every business account no matter what it made.

You can say "no way" all day long but until the new year we will not know.
Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yes I know the owner and are great friends. I also had asked he/she and had explained everything before I committed to Stealth. He/she said that was "all was good with them" and I have been doing well since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Be careful with that. If you know the owner of the legitimate name and SSN, it is probably OK, but if you don't have their permission, then it is considered identity theft.

Of course, it is not a great idea to use a legitimate person's information for stealth for a whole lot of reasons thast have nothing to do with the IRS.
Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Well, if I were to use my own SSN, won't that raise RED flags or limit me all together?
I also have my account listed under a business account. Should I or could I just change that to a premiere account?

Thanks!

Quote:
Yeah man, Dont do that. Use your SSN if you can. What if they report it anyway? then what are you going to do when your friend or who ever get the tax bill and it hoses up their whole return for that year. Its more than just paying it for them. It affects everything on the tax forms

What I mean by reporting it anyway is this. No where has anyone lie paypal or amazon said that they will NOT send 1099's to the IRS and you if you dont hit 20k and 200 items. They just said that its required for those accounts to be reported.

Its in no way illegal or anything wrong with them reporting anything they want. Banks do it with stuff all the time.

Not saying they are, just nothing has said they are not. I completely feel like they will send 1099's for every business account no matter what it made.

Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

KingRay could very well be right. And even if PayPal/Amazon/etc. don't report anyone under the threshold, the IRS could change the requirements at any time. The Government needs money. They can start enforcing this by claiming it is NOT a NEW tax, they are simply trying to collect taxes that have always been due and payable. And that is a politically easy position to take.
Old 11-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproof View Post
Well, if I were to use my own SSN, won't that raise RED flags or limit me all together?
I also have my account listed under a business account. Should I or could I just change that to a premiere account?

Thanks!
Does paypal have your SSN tied to a banned account in any way? That would let use know for sure.
Old 11-08-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yes, I'm sure they do from my first banned account 8-9 years ago. Not 100% positive that I provided it, but sure I did at that time.

Quote:
Does paypal have your SSN tied to a banned account in any way? That would let use know for sure.
Old 11-08-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I guess if I did provide my own SSN then the limitation would be in effect immediately. Right?

Quote:
Old 11-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Not necessarily Many people on here link accounts and do fine for a week maybe a month or so. then they are hit. IF you do clear it and are okay, just lis the crap out of stuff until you get a limitation. You may not as some have said but most or near all the time its coming.