Account seller restriction out of nowhere - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-05-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 18%
Default Account seller restriction out of nowhere

I’m sure plenty of people claim to not know why they have been given a seller restriction but in my case I have no idea.

Been on eBay over 10 years. Above average in all dashboard items, 100% feedback, sold 3 items in last 3 months without any issues. The out the blue I got my few listings cancelled and have an indefinite seller ban.

I’m at a loss, spoke to eBay who were not that helpful, one rep did take all details and said she would refer for a review as she couldn’t see why I had been given the restriction whilst another rep just said I can’t sell and that’s that.

I’m not holding much hope for the review, if indeed they do review it.

Not sure if I should just accept I can’t sell anymore, however we do like to sell a few items here and there, or to not log into the account again and over time following the advice on the site set up a new account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2021

Longevity: 30%
Default Re: Account seller restriction out of nowhere

this is odd, wait few days for the review, they will contact you via email. If you get nothing, try to call em and ask for a manager/supervisor. So they can take a proper look of your account. Since you did not do anything inappropriate you should get reinstated.
Old 02-05-2021
Threadstarter  

I’d like to think so, however I just think they will get hundreds of appeals a day and won’t afford mine much time.

Whilst I don’t believe there have been any issues recently, could it relate to items I’ve sold months ago, again never had an issue but just to try and pinpoint what may have happened.
Old 02-05-2021
Banned

honestly dont count on a review even being escalated at all, never mind about it being accepted.
Stealth is the only way with eBay and MUCH MORE stress free
Old 02-06-2021

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 33%

you have been on Ebay for ten years.
did you have other accounts which were banned in the past?
Did you ever let someone logged into his account using your device?and this person has been banned by Ebay? or have you ever logged into your account using another person's device and that person is or related to someone banned?
Is there anyone in your family sharing the same ISP?
There is a lady who posted here,she lives in a building which offers free WIFI to all tenants and one of them was banned,so she got the same .
what were you selling for the last few years?
Old 02-06-2021
Threadstarter  

I don’t believe it’s due to a link to someone else as this ban says it’s to do with my selling.

I generally just sell bits and pieces, over the last year sold a few clothes items and a couple of bits out the garage, nothing much.

I’m more disappointed as my young son likes to ask me to sell some of his outdated toys etc now and again and see how much he can make.

I was told they are reviewing the account and I would get a call by today, I didn’t so I phoned them and was told there is no appeal and I have a seller ban indefinitely. She was fairly abrupt and in the end she hung up which surprised me.

I did have an account around 12 years ago which I closed, there was no issue with it but I moved house and thought I had to set up a new account.

I want to get back to a basic account but it seems complex for what I actually want to achieve, I.e selling a few items for a few pound.

I did think of asking to have my account fully closed and then re open in 5 years, but I don’t believe it can be closed.
Old 02-06-2021

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 33%

how old is your son?
may be someone in your family or circle used your credential,open an account and banned without telling you
Old 02-06-2021
Threadstarter  

No he’s only 8, eBay was our hobby, to be honest that’s what’s annoyed me the most that it’s let him down.