New account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-06-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 18%
Default New account

Hi All

I have looked over the site which has been helpful.

Unlike many I just want my eBay account to be able to sell a few items. No more than a couple of items a month.

My current eBay account has indefinitely stopped me from selling, I can still buy but not sell, no idea why and can’t get anywhere in getting an explanation.

My thoughts are to have my partner set up her own account in the following way:

- set up under her own name on her phone so that the IP will be fresh
- place address as a relatives

However my queries are:
- If I reboot my own phone and delete eBay apps etc, never to log back into my old account would eBay pick this up that my phone is linked to my own account?
- PayPal, she doesn’t have one as yet, would it need to be set up under a different home address than mine?
- Is a Static IP ever a good option for a single account.

Thanks all again for your help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-06-2021

Longevity: 30%
Default Re: New account

There are several thing you should take into consideration when starting a new account:

never use the app again since it will link your new accounts.
For the ip make sure it's not the same as the ip you were using with the old suspended account, because that will link your new one as well.
Old 02-06-2021
Threadstarter  

Even if I log out of the app, delete cookies etc and then download the eBay app again and solely input wife’s details, never to use my account again?
Old 02-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

You cannot use the app on that phone after you have been suspended as Papapad has written above.

As you're new to stealth, you're going to have 40 more questions.

The best way for you to obtain all the information you'd need to run your own stealth accounts is to:

1. Read the stealth guide.
2. Read the Managed Payments Section of the forum.
3. Search old threads
4. Post new threads.

If you don't have much time or can't be bothered to make your own accounts, read the stealth guide, then jump straight to purchasing accounts.
Old 02-06-2021
Threadstarter  

I appreciate the response and agree I will look at the book.

I haven’t rushed into it as I was unsure if there was a quicker fix given im not looking at multiple accounts, instead just a single one for my partner who has never had eBay or PayPal in the past.

I also don’t want to risk me being banned altogether as I do tend to buy much more than I sell.
Old 02-06-2021

Longevity: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2000 View Post
I appreciate the response and agree I will look at the book.

I haven’t rushed into it as I was unsure if there was a quicker fix given im not looking at multiple accounts, instead just a single one for my partner who has never had eBay or PayPal in the past.

I also don’t want to risk me being banned altogether as I do tend to buy much more than I sell.
Buy the book it's worth it
Old 02-06-2021

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

your live in partner would need her own paypal account,sharing the same address is not a problem ,sharing same ISP could,like a UK seller experienced recently,she lived in a building offering free WIFI to all tenants,one got suspended and her money was locked up by Paypal
Old 02-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
your live in partner would need her own paypal account,sharing the same address is not a problem ,sharing same ISP could,like a UK seller experienced recently,she lived in a building offering free WIFI to all tenants,one got suspended and her money was locked up by Paypal
OP hasn't been specific if his partner is a spouse or not. If it is and they share a residence, the account will likely be suspended eventually.

If they share residence yet OP uses a different address for his partner, the account will get suspended.
Old 02-06-2021
Threadstarter  

Apologies yes this will be my wife, same surname.
Old 02-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

If your wife would not be selling on her account, eBay is unlikely to suspend her even if you share a residence.

If she's going to sell, then you should consider dissociating yourself from her; at least in eBay's eyes.

There must be a few ways to go about it but here's one:
Get her on the electoral register at a different address. It would take a while for the information to propagate across all credit reference agencies but here's how you can speed it up:
Have her update her address on all utilities, banks, and everything else that reports to credit reference agencies.
Wait about thirty days for all bills to be due, then write to all credit reference agencies to update the changes. Include utility bills, bank statement, her passport and the confirmation letter you'd have received from your local council.

Wait a further thirty days (maximum) then ask for a statutory credit report from all credit reference agencies.
If you really want to be sure, use checkmyfile multi-agency report to look at what it looks like across agencies.

At this time, you should be OK to register her on eBay as a seller.

I imagine this will have consequences for you offline as a couple. If you find you can't live with this, consider appealing to eBay executives directly restore your account. Unless you were suspended for selling cryogenically frozen babies of her Royal Majesty's heritage; the results usually come back positive.

If that does not work, use a stealth account, a relative's account or give up selling entirely.
Old 02-06-2021
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the info, yes going to that extent to disassociate myself from the wife is not a sensible option for many other reasons outside of this. I assume a stealth account would be a better option.

Do they actually check the electoral role etc?

When you say contact eBay executives, how is best to do this.
Old 02-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I assume a stealth account would be a better option.
Do they actually check the electoral role etc?
It's an ongoing debate on the forum. I'm on the side that says they do, but for identity purposes. You'd have to come up with a way to deal with that if you go the stealth route. Start off reading the stealth guide and then read these posts.

Quote:
When you say contact eBay executives, how is best to do this.
Murray Lambell is the GM for eBay UK.
Search eBay's Uk address on the internet or ask customer service to hand it to you.
Don't e-mail. Send paper correspondence.

It is usually a last resort when you write folks like this, so make it count.
1. Admit faults rather than explain away. Don't plead your case.
2. Tell why and how you'd become a better eBay member. Here, your text should impress and come off as satisfying. Align yourself with their vision of the sort of members they're looking for.
3. Politely ask for your account be reinstated. Don't beg for it but don't plead either.

Keep it as brief as possible but don't leave room for mis-interpretation.
Include notarized copies of IDs, bank statements, your best, most recent credit report and finally, utility bills.

I don't see why you shouldn't get your account back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
Shadyhero1002 (02-08-2021), vmdetection (02-22-2021)
Old 02-07-2021

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

if your cant sell but can buy,you must have done something which displeased EBAY.
WHeTHER it is your wife or live in,it is best for her to have her own ebay/paypal account,different street address,diff ISP as if the two of you never know the other exist.
remember an Ebay account has many addresses,for receiving ebay mail,for returning goods,for receiving goods,so she should have all these addresses not the same as yours.
never go and log into your Ebay account on her device and vice versa/
Old 02-07-2021
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the advice. I am going to write, whilst it may not make a difference it is worth a shot.

I have been racking my brains and the only thing I can remotely think this relates to was in March 2020, I had some sanitizer I tried to list as I had spare bottles as our office didn’t need them and put them up for something like £8 which was less than we paid. I can recall a message popping up about having to be a trusted seller which I believe I was, however I’m sure it didn’t actually list the item and for certain I didn’t sell it as I gave it away to our care home, at worst a bottle may have listed but I’m not certain and my history doesn’t go back that far to check.

Could this be the issue for a suspension 8 months later? If so should I mention this in my letter as I have nothing to hide.

Also I apologise in advance if I ever sound rambling, I suffer horrible anxiety, the last year hasn’t helped and I see things as being massive issues sometimes, I will aim to refrain from any rambling.

Last edited by RJ2000; 02-07-2021 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Post the suspension message. Remove personal information.
There might be a clue in it.
Old 02-07-2021
Threadstarter  

eBay is built on trust, and we want our marketplace to be safe for both buyers and sellers. We reviewed your account because of concerns with your selling activity. Based on our review, we've taken the following actions on your account:
- Indefinitely removed your ability to sell. You can't use other accounts or register new accounts to sell on eBay. If you do, your accounts could be limited, restricted, or suspended.
- Removed any of your listings. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- All fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

You can still bid on items, buy, and complete transactions you have in progress.

Document ID: 95471027009

Last edited by RJ2000; 02-07-2021 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

I don't think you will be needing a stealth account.
I'd go ahead with the appeal if I were you. It is hard to foresee anything but a positive outcome.

Good luck. I don't think you'd need it anyway.
Old 02-07-2021
Threadstarter  

Thank-you for your view, I will write as suggested to Murray Lambell. Whilst he may not read it hopefully someone else will.

In my letter I won’t mention that event as it may not be related but will be more general.

In terms of an address do you know what this is to send the letter too, I couldn’t find a definite one via google.
Old 02-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thank-you for your view, I will write as suggested to Murray Lambell. Whilst he may not read it hopefully someone else will.

In my letter I won’t mention that event as it may not be related but will be more general.

In terms of an address do you know what this is to send the letter too, I couldn’t find a definite one via google.
Ask eBay CS. They should hand it to you.
Old 02-07-2021
Threadstarter  

Sounds daft but what address exactly will I be asking for, if I ask for his office address I will probably get the same poor response I’ve had to date.
Old 02-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

It doesn't sound daft to me. But I think you now have all you need to commence your appeal.
Try not to get anxious. Please take it in small steps until you compile all you need to complete your appeal. You can ask your Mrs to critique it before you send it off.

Murray Lambell
Hotham House, 1 Heron Square,
Richmond Upon Thames, Surrey,
United Kingdom, TW9 1EJ

Good luck.
Old 02-08-2021
Threadstarter  

Thanks all

Last edited by RJ2000; 02-08-2021 at 04:58 PM.