MC019 then MC198 - should I end items early? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-18-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default MC019 then MC198 - should I end items early?

Hi All,

My account is about 4-5 months old with over 200 pos and no negs. DSR of 4.9 across the board. This is a UK acc.

The items I have been selling are, it would now appear, subject to vero.

I sell about 20 different items on a regular basis. A few days ago, one of vero registered owners of the copyright in 3 of my items complained and eBay sent me 3 separate MC019's for the 3 items. They were all taken down and everything was fine.

Then, about 2 hours later, another MC019 was sent listing TWO of my items on the one MC019 but without mentioning a vero/copyright holder (in fact, these two items are NOT owned by the same copyright holder). I am suspecting that this last MC019 was instigated by one of my competitors (who, by the way, is happily still selling ALL of the items!)

I then received an MC198 INI Temporary Selling Restriction for 7 days.

Bear in mind, at this stage I have about 16 items still listed - I don't think that the actual original CP holders will complain but I am sure the competitor will!

To be honest, I am not really worried about these items anymore and would rather move on to something else as the profit is just not there.

My questions are as follows :

1. Should I now end the remaining 16 items early (all are BIN) so as to try and avoid any more MC019's on my account? I am not worried about ending the items, I am just worried that it will pee eBay off even more if I end so many items all at once!

2. My sister has an account and we both share the same surname and the same computer but we have different verified addresses with eBay - Her account hasn't been limited (at least they haven't said it is) but could any of this affect her?

Many many thanks in advance for any advice folks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

If you want to keep your account, you can end them and pay the fees and move on to some other less risky items. or you can let the other items ride and hope you dont get hit with another restriction that may shut you down. just the choice you have to make.

Is it the same items that are getting hit or is it random?
Old 10-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
If you want to keep your account, you can end them and pay the fees and move on to some other less risky items. or you can let the other items ride and hope you dont get hit with another restriction that may shut you down. just the choice you have to make.

Is it the same items that are getting hit or is it random?
Hi aking, thanks for the quick reply - I have no probs paying the fees and DO want to keep the account especially as I have already made the decision to move to different items.

The items are all along the same theme.

I was just wondering if ending all of those (about 16) items at the same time would flag up anything nasty at eBay?
Old 10-18-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 91%

no, you can end your items anytime you want. I do it all the time. I wouldnt do it all at the same time tho. maybe end like 5 at a time, wait 15 mins, end 5 more, etc. Maybe if you list them in the future, only list 1 at a time.

Another thing that will get you hit is if you list a bunch of the same items back to back. This makes it easy for your competitors to see all your items lined up in a search. Spread them out to make it hard for people to see your items. The scheduling feature works nice!
Old 10-18-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
no, you can end your items anytime you want. I do it all the time. I wouldnt do it all at the same time tho. maybe end like 5 at a time, wait 15 mins, end 5 more, etc. Maybe if you list them in the future, only list 1 at a time.

Another thing that will get you hit is if you list a bunch of the same items back to back. This makes it easy for your competitors to see all your items lined up in a search. Spread them out to make it hard for people to see your items. The scheduling feature works nice!
Good to hear that I can end them like that with no penalty - As they are all BIN nobody is losing out at the end of the day.

I know which competitor is targetting me and I just know he will target me with more with complaints and I am guessing that eBay will just take them down automatically. I guess I should make the same complaints about his items but, to be honest, I don't realy care and, after all, business is business

As regards my other question, any ideas on my sisters account? We both share the same PC at her house so our accs are certainly linked by both cookies and IP (Heck, we even use the same password) and we both PayPal money to each other on a regular basis. She has only sold a few items on her acc (household stuff) but she now wants to start a little cottage industry selling custom made items. If anybody reports her for vero infringement would they take my MC019's into consideration when they are deciding what to do with her acc?

By the way, I have bought the aspkin guide and (only skimmed it as yet) it offers GREAT advice for creating NEW acc's but, obviously, this is a different situation as we both want to keep our acc's if possible.

Last edited by sjnw2009; 10-18-2009 at 04:50 PM.