multiple ebay accounts worth it? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-22-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default multiple ebay accounts worth it?

alright so i just started selling again on ebay. so far i am selling small... making little money, just breaking into my account. ive been really considering opening another account with bank of america and using it to open a new paypal and ebay account. but before i do i do not want to risk the account i already have. but i dont know how safe i would be if i do that.. i dont want both of my accounts to be linked incase something happens to 1. so would it be smart to open a second account later if something happens to my current account, or am i just being paranoid and need to follow the stealth ebay steps and open 2 accounts right now.

any help would be very appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

depends what you sell, if its something you need to spread around and sell in small quantities due to 30 day limitations or takedowns or whatever then many accounts are handy..if all of that isnt necessary, you only need one account, and let me tell you that is alot easier, multiple accounts take alot of looking after.....

with one account or maybe two, if they get suspended..you have this forum, just start again - easy.
Old 10-22-2009

Even if you're selling %100 within EBay's guidelines, I'd suggest a second account, especially if you rely on it for income.
If your account gets suspended at some point, it's nice to have an account with 100+ feedback to fall back on.
Old 10-22-2009
Threadstarter  

thats a really good idea simplycomplex. but what should i do about the new ebay and paypal accounts open another savings or checking account with my bank (bank of america) using the same name? or do i HAVE to use a different name?? my main concern is being linked for having the same name on paypal and ebay if one account ever gets shut down. and do the paypal and ebay accounts have to have matching information??
Old 10-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^^^^^^^^^
Please do a bit more reading on this subject before trying it.
There is a little bit to it.

See links in my signature.
Old 10-23-2009
Threadstarter  

i have done some reading and from my understanding you can open more than ebay account with a paypal however if 1 goes down, the other will go down too. i want to avoid that. basically i want to know if i a new paypal account using my same address, name etc. will 1 of my account being suspended put both of my accounts in jeopardy?
Old 10-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

HWGA is correct you would know these basics with a little reading

exactly what you say is true, If you are worried about one account going down, then the other you create and build up, should be completely non-linked - name and address is a link, so a variation of your these is an option.....
Old 10-23-2009
Threadstarter  

i have read the aspkin guide and i have been reading on the forums. so what im assuming is that i cant get linked from paypal by having the same address on my bank account cuz paypal cannot see my bank account information? sorry if im sounding kinda dumb or stating the obvious.. as you can tell im kinda new at this.
Old 10-23-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Short answer to post 8:
you will be linked if you try using the same address.

Short answer for you to research more:
You can have a bank acct in your real name but tell PP a different name. They can't know. But there is a bit of a trick to it. Not hard at all, but you'd better read. Since we've talked about it 100s of times on here, nobody wants to answer the same effing question again. Go read. It's there. Not scolding. Just bored with this issue being repeated literally 3 times a day every effing day. The stealth guide has the answer. The forum has the answer answer answer answer... The answer is always the same. It never changes. Nobody looks for the answer. They always ask what they could have read. It never changes. Please, break the cycle before I eat my own face and then upload a jpg of the mess.
Old 10-23-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeangel View Post
i have read the aspkin guide and i have been reading on the forums. so what im assuming is that i cant get linked from paypal by having the same address on my bank account cuz paypal cannot see my bank account information? sorry if im sounding kinda dumb or stating the obvious.. as you can tell im kinda new at this.

Correct....go get bank accts and routing #'s and open up some pp accts....names don't have to match and if the bank accounts all have the same address and name (registered with the bank) don't worry about it...you can dump your cash in someone elses account after verification if you wanted to for example. Open 2-3 ebay accounts up to 1 PP with matching info.....rotate the accts don't sell the same item on 2 accounts linked together at the same time though. When the accounts get warm or hot let them cool off and keep rolling.
Old 10-23-2009
Vicvelcro

He was asking about using the same ADDRESS
If a debit card off the bank is used, they get the address from the debit auth = busted

Bank account alone with alternate NONBANK card = OK
Old 10-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

ok, maybe i didnt explain propertly, yes of course address IS a link

on another point, the dd authority you say, they get your address from this, never heard that. On UK forum, some members have been using their real dd to confirm paypal and ebay etc as avs isnt used, so you are saying thats risky, can you explain..?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 10-23-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2009
Vicvelcro

My answer applied to the OP. Bearing in mind that his flag is U.S., my answer was based on U.S. environment.

I did not intend for my information to be applied to U.K. sellers or any other seller in any location outside the U.S.

I am guilty of oversimplifying my answer intending to not post extensively what has already been well covered. The principle remains the same.

To be very specific about something covered 900 ways from hell, PP can't get your address from most card issuers. But they CAN compare if your address info MATCHES the card issuer record.

Example:
You tell PP your address is 123 Main Street
Anytown, AnyState, 01234

Your bank has your info as 456 First Avenue
SomeOtherTown, NotThatState, 98765

When you submit your card info to PP, they check AVS which WILL NOT MATCH. And thus they don't know the real data but they DO know the data is false.

STEALTH FAIL!
Old 10-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Please, break the cycle before I eat my own face and then upload a jpg of the mess.

I truly got a laugh on this statement vic
Old 10-23-2009
Vicvelcro

Only because you know it *COULD* happen....