re: help i recieved this from ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-22-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default re: help i recieved this from ebay

hi, i am the seller of the below listing
the listing listed below are already been sold , won and send to the buyer.
i took off all my remaining listing once immediate i received this letter.
im selling authentic academic software, my listing does indicated it very clearly so there is no deceit.

what futher actions will i be expected from ebay ?

payment has already been made, will my account be watched or banned very shortly ?.

how does ebay knows that?

The listing was removed because it violated eBay policy.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, BSA (Business Software Alliance) (US), notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

Copyright infringement is unlawful and against eBay's policies. Copyright is the protection provided by law to the authors of creative works, such as movies, music, software, photographs and books, both published and unpublished. Copyright owners possess the exclusive right to reproduce the copyrighted work, to distribute copies of the copyrighted work, and to perform or display the copyrighted work publicly.

eBay prohibits the listing of unauthorized copies of copyrighted works. Unauthorized copies include (but are not limited to) backup, pirated, duplicated, or bootlegged copies.

Guideline: If the product you are selling is a copy of another work that you aren't authorized to copy, don't list the item. eBay prohibits the sale of software if this violates the manufacturer's copyright license. Some common types of software with license agreement restrictions include:

- Academic software
Software sold at discounted prices to students, faculty members, and educational institutions.

- Beta software
Early copies of software that are distributed by software developers for evaluation and troubleshooting purposes.

- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software
Software that is included with the purchase of new equipment.

You may need to obtain the manufacturer's consent to sell this software.

For more information, please visit the following Help page:

Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy
You may need to take a tutorial. The next time you sell, you may be asked to take the tutorial, if it's required. Once you've completed the tutorial successfully, please review your account status for any other possible concerns. If there are no other issues, you should be able to sell again.

To take the intellectual property tutorial, please visit:

eBay Policy Tutorial - VeRO

Please be aware that any additional violations of this policy may result in the suspension of your account. eBay understands that you may be concerned about this situation. We encourage you to contact BSA (Business Software Alliance) (US) directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to: auction-abuse@bsa.org

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page:

How eBay Protects Intellectual Property (VeRO)

For more information on why eBay may remove a listing, please visit:

Why did eBay remove my listing?

Please be assured that your listings have not been targeted in any way. Although there may be similar items currently listed on eBay, we review all listings that are reported to us by eBay members or Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) program participants. We rely on reports from our members to help maintain the safety and security of our Community. We encourage you to report any items by using the REPORT THIS ITEM button on the listing so we can quickly remove any other items that should be removed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety team
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2009

Longevity: 89%

If you get 3 hits like this in a short time, your eBay account most likely will be suspended indefinitely.

If the takedown was based on copyright infringement and you are 100% sure your items are legal, do not violate any copyrights, then file a counter-notice to eBay.

Check out this website:
Fight an eBay Vero Suspension - Fight a fraudulent website takedown - Know your legal rights
Old 10-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 84%

hi , my items(software) are legal but they are academic versions. all the other listing by other academic sellers are taken down as well, most likely a complain is lodge by other retail sellers. should i list it again or wait till others start listing?
Old 10-22-2009

Longevity: 89%

Better not list them again before the issue is sorted out.
Old 10-23-2009

Longevity: 90%

I don't think you can sell academic versions of software. Those are given to colleges and schools (hence academic version) for them to use on their computers only. At school, I am given academic versions of software with a CD key that can activate online and legally entitled to use them as long as I am enrolled in that class. I am supposed to uninstall it from my home computer after I leave that class, lol. Read their license agreement and see what it says on academic software just to be sure.