Extremely confused about Electronically delivered items policy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-23-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 16%
Unhappy Extremely confused about Electronically delivered items policy

Hi apskin, i've been selling online virtual in-game items for a video game for well over a year now within the "Video Game" category. With lots of competitor sellers. I've had good success with a steady customer base and all in all things have been going pretty good. But unfortunately over the past three days I've had eBay delete well over a thousand of my listings. Practically all of them. Received multiple notices, none came with a suspension however. Ol' ebay bot provided me with this:

"Your listing didn't follow our Electronically delivered items policy. Electronically delivered goods can only be listed by eBay approved sellers and must follow our policy:

What is the policy
- Sellers need to be eBay approved to list electronically delivered items outside of the Everything Else > Information Products category.
-- To request approval, sellers must agree to our terms and conditions and submit a request.
- Sellers not approved by eBay to list electronically delivered items need to list their items in the Everything Else > Information Products category in the classified ad format.
- Exceptions to this policy include electronically delivered:
-- Digital trading cards
-- Domain names
-- Tickets
-- Virtual items for online gaming
-- NFTs (Non-fungible tokens) "

So from that it says a wide range of digital goods can only be listed by Ebay approved sellers and must follow policy. But in highlighted bold it says that Exceptions to this policy include Virtual Items for Online Gaming? So I followed up with support afterwords and they seemed equally as confused. They summed it up to me that it was an error lol. So I don't know what to think at this point. Because they then tell me they can bring back a good chunk of the listings, but back as "ended" so i'd have to start over seo wise, which is whatever. But then they also recommended I sell it in "Information Products" as a "Classified Ad" which is basically the shadow realm of selling and wouldn't even be worth it as I sell my items for dirt cheap and would lose money with the $9 listing fee each time.

Every rep I talk to seems to be confused about this policy. But it does say you don't have to be an approved seller to sell outside of "Everything Else" for Virtual gaming items right? I'm dropping these virtual items to people within the video game itself on multiplayer. I'm not sending a code or accessing any accounts. These buyers are paying for my time to acquire the items for them. My account isn't new and I have no defects or bad feedback. Is there anyway around this? Some explanation I can give? As even the reps seemed confused regarding policy on digital goods. I just want to know if I should give up hope, this is how i've been making a living and paying rent for over a year now and with so many other sellers selling in the same category and same items it just seems bizarre. I know digital goods have always been a grey area. But with the policy worded as it is it should be fine. Apologies if I sound like a nut case

Last edited by Magnet0; 09-23-2021 at 06:41 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Extremely confused about Electronically delivered items policy

You're probably a victim of eBay's ever evolving policies as they switch to managed payments. The reps are genuinely confused because eBay's standpoint changes with every seasonal update they release.

I think your best way forward would be seeking the approval to sell digital outside of classifieds.
Old 09-24-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You're probably a victim of eBay's ever evolving policies as they switch to managed payments. The reps are genuinely confused because eBay's standpoint changes with every seasonal update they release.

I think your best way forward would be seeking the approval to sell digital outside of classifieds.
That's only for business accounts though right? Mines happens to be a seasoned personal account. I still have the option to become a "Top Rated Seller" but that's about it sadly.
Old 09-24-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

You listed it in video game category
Old 09-24-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
You listed it in video game category
Right but doesn't the policy say that the item I am selling is an exception to that requirement? That you don't have to be an approved seller? Same as Digital trading cards, tickets and domain names?

Last edited by Magnet0; 09-24-2021 at 06:05 PM.