Other Ebayer Selling My Copyrighted Work - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-06-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default Other Ebayer Selling My Copyrighted Work

As stated before in other posts I write ebook and use to sell them on ebay but ebay suspended me because apparently you cant sell ebooks anymore on ebay even though people still do, i was one of them. One person whom i will not give out any user names here bought a total of 20 books from me while i was on there selling them.
I do not sell resale rights and i have all my books copyright protected. I got on ebay the other day and did a search of my books just for the heck of it. What do ya know, there was 40 + lisitings from this guy selling my ebooks and all if not most listings were bid on and then i checked his feedback and bam! there were postives left for my ebooks!
As stated before my account is supsended from selling but i can still buy and use paypal (weird) so i have been contacting ebay on this matter and got a reply today from them.
The reply made me sick to my stomach and now i am contacting my lawyer and am going to try to pursue getting this guy put down or ebay put down (even though ebay will probably never go away). Ebay sent me an email stating that the items the guy were selling arent copyrighted and arent considered for vero and thus my account has been completly suspended I cant even get past logging in now.
I believe ebay is in on this. First off, they should cancel the listing because they are ebooks (they did that to me). Second, they are copyrighted and he doesnt have resale rights. I do believe that this guy is who got me suspended on ebay because i believe that he turned in my ebook listings even though i cant prove that.
Has this happened to anyone else? Do you all think that I will get anything out of it by going to court or am I just wasting my time? This guy is also a top rated seller with over 20,000 feedback. Its all a bunch of crap to me. Heck, this guy may work for ebay. Let me know what you all think of this please, i have to vent somewhere.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2009

Longevity: 85%

^^^^
find a lawyer and sue eBay
Old 11-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

^^ sue ebay - what? no

Youve sent ebay proof you are verified rights owner? What was their reply?
Old 11-06-2009
Threadstarter  

as stated above they told me that i cant do anything and that i cant prove that he doesnt own rights to the item. What makes me even madder! (if thats even a word) is that ebays policy states no ebooks in auctions (thats why i was suspended) yet he can get away with it because hes such a top tier seller. I honestly feel he works for ebay.
Old 11-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Bull of the dust variety. ebay say anything to stop complaints. Have you the legal paperwork for this copyright? Don't let yourself be bullied
Old 11-06-2009
Threadstarter  

i have all legal paperwork and am meeting with my lawyer monday morning. I got onto my mom's account (at her house of course) and bid on one of the guys auctions and have his contact info. I emailed him (from my personal email address) and he replied. Here is what he said:

I make ebay thousands each month and they make me thousands each month. Do what you want but you cant beat the beast

I dont know what to say about that. I am not calling him i am just going straight to the lawyer monday morning. I have full copyrights for these items and ebay keeps giving me the runaround and lets him sell my items while banning me from the site. I dont know if ebay will be here in 10 years I really dont. I hope and pray that they arent here in 5 years but that may be too soon.

I have started selling my ebooks on ioffer, i tried ebid but they dont allow ebooks either (even though people are selling thousands of them on there). I dont understand how certain people on ebay and ebid can sell them but me (the writer) of these ebooks cant. On ioffer i dont even get anyone looking at my listings.

Last edited by bigbadbiddy; 11-06-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Did you read my pm? Read the info there. It gives some background for you.
Try to avoid interaction with this seller. Just plan your attack.
Old 11-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Yeah i got it thanks
Old 11-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

You have every right to defend yourself. Good Luck with this
Old 11-09-2009
Threadstarter  

went to the lawyer today and he is going to send a letter to ebay telling them to take down the auctions or face a lawsuit. He basically told me that if ebay lets thousands of people sell ebooks then they do not have the right to tell me i cant as this is unfair business practicing. So, that being said ebay will have the option of letting me back on and taking down the other guys auctions or not letting me on and taking down not just the other guys auctions but every auction from every seller that is an ebook whether its mine or not because it breaks ebays on rules.