Account is restricted gonna use a friends - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-19-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 12%
Default Account is restricted gonna use a friends

My account got restricted when I had COVID I had some late shipments and I didn’t settle some cases. I should’ve taken it more seriously because this is my main income. My friend says I can make an account In His name. WhTs the safest way to go about making an account and being able to stay selling with no problems? Any tips appreciated
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-19-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Account is restricted gonna use a friends

There isn't really a safe way unless your friend plans to report your eBay income on his tax return.
If they're ok with paying your taxes just setup an account as usual on a new computer/IP address.
Old 03-10-2023

Longevity: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
There isn't really a safe way unless your friend plans to report your eBay income on his tax return.
If they're ok with paying your taxes just setup an account as usual on a new computer/IP address.
If there's no "safe way", then what's his alternative here? I don't see one
Old 03-10-2023

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

Technically using a friends details is the safe way, obviously the friend will get a 1099 and a tax liability both federal and state. If the friend is OK with this and the seller pays these taxes, then if the account is conducted in a proper manner and all verification checks are passed there will be no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhh View Post
If there's no "safe way", then what's his alternative here? I don't see one
Old 03-10-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Technically using a friends details is the safe way, obviously the friend will get a 1099 and a tax liability both federal and state. If the friend is OK with this and the seller pays these taxes, then if the account is conducted in a proper manner and all verification checks are passed there will be no issues.
That makes sense, thanks

Out of curiosity;

Say for example if he created a business account and submitted an EIN and his friend's ssn, but created the EIN via IRS using his own ssn and address. Would the tax responsibility still fall under the stakeholder's ssn on the ebay account (his friend), or would the EIN take the hit instead?
Old 03-10-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
That makes sense, thanks

Out of curiosity;

Say for example if he created a business account and submitted an EIN and his friend's ssn, but created the EIN via IRS using his own ssn and address. Would the tax responsibility still fall under the stakeholder's ssn on the ebay account (his friend), or would the EIN take the hit instead?
so we are going to be involving 2 SSN and 1 EIN?

What is it you are trying to do? I think this will give us a better picture.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
hhh (03-11-2023)
Old 03-11-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
so we are going to be involving 2 SSN and 1 EIN?

What is it you are trying to do? I think this will give us a better picture.
I'm just wondering if it would be possible to have the friend avoid doing taxes, that's all. I thought it might be possible by submitting the friend's SSN as a stakeholder on ebay acc, and submitting EIN created using my SSN.

However, I'm realizing that ebay would still send out a 1099 under the stakeholder's name, right?.... so it probably wouldn't be possible, and it would just be easier to have my friend pay the taxes, and them i would simply reimburse him for it.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I'm still trying to learn
Old 03-12-2023

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

Why not open a S corp have your friend who registered the account as an unpaid director without shares and the the 1099 goes to the company from eBay, you as the director/100% shareholder can register the company and the EIN, bank etc.

As shareholders report their earnings from the company your friend will not have a tax liability just a title and contact for eBay.
Old 03-12-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Why not open a S corp have your friend who registered the account as an unpaid director without shares and the the 1099 goes to the company from eBay, you as the director/100% shareholder can register the company and the EIN, bank etc.

As shareholders report their earnings from the company your friend will not have a tax liability just a title and contact for eBay.
Intelligent reply. Thanks!

So if I were to go that route, would an S corp be taxed differently than a regular old single-member LLC?

If I were to go about registering the bank account, it couldn't be my name. Would it be ok if we put my friend's name on it?
Old 03-13-2023

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdswapper View Post
My account got restricted when I had COVID I had some late shipments and I didn’t settle some cases. I should’ve taken it more seriously because this is my main income. My friend says I can make an account In His name. WhTs the safest way to go about making an account and being able to stay selling with no problems? Any tips appreciated
Hello, create new user on computer, use different IP, different number, different address, bank card, bank account. And you should be good to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaysellerLT For This Useful Post:
Hdswapper (03-16-2023)
Old 03-15-2023

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

I think he should ask a tax expert,instead of fishing for answers on this board
Old 03-16-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Intelligent reply. Thanks!

So if I were to go that route, would an S corp be taxed differently than a regular old single-member LLC?

If I were to go about registering the bank account, it couldn't be my name. Would it be ok if we put my friend's name on it?
Really tax things are best to ask accountants. But that method can certainly work. I am not sure how the tax structure differs from a SM LLC to a S corp though
Old 03-16-2023

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%

I dont understand why anyone would let others use their IDs(SSN,passport,driver license,professional license )?
IRS audit can go back 7 years,if there is fraud,itcan go further,you are putting your friend in a rather uncomfortable position with your setup?