Will using VPN lead to linkage? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-22-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Will using VPN lead to linkage?

I am selling clothing on eBay and using NordVPN. If someone else from my city/state/country is also selling clothing and happens to catch the same IP from NordVPN and ends up going down, will they bring me down with them? (Same IP & similar items)?

Does anyone of you run multiple stealth accounts where same items are sold and IP overlapping happens? Have you gotten one of these accounts being shutdown without the others being affected?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-22-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Will using VPN lead to linkage?

Dude, you already know that Nord isn't good for this.. so why?
Old 01-22-2022
Threadstarter  

It's a hypothetical question, do you think the mentioned scenario will lead to issues with my account?
Old 01-22-2022
Super Moderator

I'd say yes. Considering the provider itself is known to be ****ty. It's too risky
Old 01-22-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I'd say yes. Considering the provider itself is known to be ****ty. It's too risky

OK forget about the VPN, suppose same IPs were overlapping between the two accounts and both were selling similar items, but everything else like name, address. date of birth...etc is different. Will this still lead to the 2nd account being shutdown in case the 1st one goes toast?

In other words, same IPs and similar items enough of a link to make eBay think both accounts are run by the same individual even though they're registered in different cities of the same state?
Old 01-22-2022

Longevity: 13%

eBay boys hates VPNs. And vpns are abused. So goodluck
Old 01-23-2022

Longevity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
OK forget about the VPN, suppose same IPs were overlapping between the two accounts and both were selling similar items, but everything else like name, address. date of birth...etc is different. Will this still lead to the 2nd account being shutdown in case the 1st one goes toast?

In other words, same IPs and similar items enough of a link to make eBay think both accounts are run by the same individual even though they're registered in different cities of the same state?
Have experience with this.
Use 4g from dongle for about 100 accounts working. Had to log in frequently. Tried to make list with ised ips, but ended up quitting after realising that every one to a few days I have repeating ips.
Sold the same items from all accounts, ff portable or different users.
No issues with this.
The only link and ban I've had is that a few times in 1-2 days I was not very careful and forgot to switch ips. In a 1-2 weeks time I got a message on 2 accounts for MC011, and another 3 that they are restricted, because they are linked to a restricted account. The result: had 2 accounts linked and another group of 3 accounts linked. This happened, because I logged in with the same ip in more than one account in a row. The mc011 was from buyers cancelling orders.
The other one time I had 2 linked accounts was when a competitor reported me. Source: the competition was wild and everybody reported everybody on a daily basis and a while ago I've repoted some accounts that are linked (you can do this, yes).
Old 01-23-2022
Threadstarter  

@Bruh:

You said you had 100 accounts, but only 3 got down by being linked because you signed with the same IP in a row. What about the other 90 accounts or so? Have you ever signed in them using that same banned IP later and gotten away with it?

You still have these 90 accounts working till today even though internet dongles keep repeating IPs?
Old 01-23-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruh View Post
The other one time I had 2 linked accounts was when a competitor reported me. Source: the competition was wild and everybody reported everybody on a daily basis and a while ago I've repoted some accounts that are linked (you can do this, yes).
That's quite the reach
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
walkingupwards (01-23-2022)
Old 01-23-2022

Quote:
@Bruh:

You said you had 100 accounts, but only 3 got down by being linked because you signed with the same IP in a row. What about the other 90 accounts or so? Have you ever signed in them using that same banned IP later and gotten away with it?

You still have these 90 accounts working till today even though internet dongles keep repeating IPs?
Probably atleast one of the accounts was connected to the same ip at some point. Problem with using same ip arises when 1. 2 or more accounts log in at the same time from same ip or logging in with same ip in a row 2. Usually using a Static IP for your account and you either log in with another ip or someone else logs in with the same ip.
Ebay see you are using different ips every time you log in. This is the default pattern of using the account. Bad ips are not so bad in this case.
Also, 4g ips are almost 100% blacklisted, because people use them for botting.

I still have the accounts, yes. But don't use these anymore, because of mp.
Old 01-23-2022
Super Moderator

Quote:

Yes anything that overlaps gives them a chance to link accounts.
Old 01-23-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruh View Post
Probably atleast one of the accounts was connected to the same ip at some point. Problem with using same ip arises when 1. 2 or more accounts log in at the same time from same ip or logging in with same ip in a row 2. Usually using a Static IP for your account and you either log in with another ip or someone else logs in with the same ip.
Ebay see you are using different ips every time you log in. This is the default pattern of using the account. Bad ips are not so bad in this case.
Also, 4g ips are almost 100% blacklisted, because people use them for botting.

I still have the accounts, yes. But don't use these anymore, because of mp.

The IPs associated with the banned accounts were used for the accounts that are still good?
Old 01-24-2022

Quote:
The IPs associated with the banned accounts were used for the accounts that are still good?
Yes, but with dongle (4g connection). Although these ips were far from good, they were blacklisted and recognised as proxy or vp.n. However these were the only ones I counld use, so I went along with it. If everything else is fine, this might not be such a big issue.

You have to be more concerned about what else ebay see on your computer, so they link accounts.