I have had my share of idiot buyers but this guy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-11-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default I have had my share of idiot buyers but this guy

takes the cake!

I sold something and recieved payment two days ago ok .. exactly 51 hours ago I recieved payment .. it was not supposed to be express shipping ..just normal USPS shipping.

Well my kid has the flu and has been very sick , so I was jsut getting this guys package ready today. Then I noticed he filed a claim with Paypal.. so I check my email and there was an email from him that is the most disgusting threatening email I have ever read. I was actually in awe after reading it .. Just a string of obcenities and telling me things like that I must be sleeping with my sister at the moment and cant answer his email LMAO and like Im coming there and am going to do this and that to you when I get there... just disgusting things...

that he filed police reports bc he hasnt gotten the package???? And Paypal already deducted the money from my account and I already printed the label so they sent the tracking infor to buyer when he filed the claim, so they took away my ability to refund.

Some people just amaze me and I overlook it most times ... But I want to put my foot up this guys A$$
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2009

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 85%

Sounds like a scamer
Old 11-12-2009

Longevity: 84%

I've had a few buyers who fit in the same category as well, they cannot be pleased no matter what and they seem to have it out for you from the start - which they may very well have a vendetta and you just will never know.

Make sure you block this creep from future auctions!

Since ebay has made so many changes all geared toward the buyer, the buyers are catching on to just what ebay entitles them to and many are abusing the powers they hold.
Old 11-12-2009
Threadstarter  

I completley agree!
Old 11-12-2009

Default Scammers suck!

I had something similar happen. This buyer brought an item from one of my new 30 days old stealth account. It was under $5 + a bonus item with free shipping (trying to up my feedback), anyhoo, First he claimed he never received it (which is why I always send with a signature confirmation.) I sent him the tracking number and the link to the usps website where it states that the item was received and signed for. Then he emails me that he did receive it but the box was messed up, the bonus item was missing and things were spilled out. I replied that I sent the item in a standard usps flat rate box, (if anyone has seen those boxes before they are narrow, there is no way this could have occured.)
However, in my reply email to him, I simply stated..."In the vein, of the Customer is always right, please return the 'messed up' item via priority mail w/signature confirmation as I sent it to you and I will be happy to refund your $4 and something." I have not heard from him since.
I was livid as this happened to be one of the items I actually packed myself, so I know he was trying to scam. After reading the email, I just took a deep breathe and decided if he wanted to spend over $15 in postage shipping the item back to me then he must realllllly want a refund.
Old 11-12-2009
Threadstarter  

This guy is barely able to speak english and the way he is acting it does look like a scam.. but what I cant figure out is what is he trying to scam me for lol Maybe is is just truly dumb... He knew I hadnt shipped the box yet... I wanted to say to him "if youre gonna try and scam someone it would make a heck of alot more sense to wait til the item is shipped before filing a claim dumba$$" . Because there is NO WAY I am giving it to him now. He can just kiss it goodbye. I gave him an INCREDIBLE deal that actually ended up with me selling the item at my cost. So it actually works out better for me anyway

He sounds like a kid though... and I suggest to his mother to put a bar of soap in that mouth and clean out that filth lol
Old 11-12-2009

Longevity: 87%

I had 1 Buyer threaten me with all sorts of stuff, because I did not send his Free Shipping---$1.49 item, Express Mail.

I am East Coast-He was-West Coast, and he wanted it to arrive in 1-2 days ?

So, I just short Circuited Him and refunded the $ 1.49.

The item was in transit, when I posted the refund. So he got it for free.

It could have easily been worse.
Old 11-12-2009
Threadstarter  

wow .. threats for less than 2 bucks lol

I would gladly go ahead and refund but he already filed a claim and it is being reviewed by Paypal. And they took away the issue refund link.. so tough.. He chose to file a claim so he can wait on PP to refund .. there is not much I can do about it
Old 11-12-2009

Good for you Ilovepaypalnot, I have had to do that a few times with scammers and paypal. Let them work it out.
Old 11-14-2009

Longevity: 89%

I will tell you the Trick i have been using the past few months ...whenever they open a dispute on a item that i know they got (as i dont use DC for items under $15 due to volume) -i will ship them a dish rag with delivery confirmation , without a correct return address , i than give the tracking info to paypal and paypal closes the dispute within a few hours .It has worked so far and i would never do this to someone whos package has been lost - but i hav ecaught people finding the item cheape than claiming they never got mine .
Old 11-14-2009

I seem to be getting more than my fair share of a***holes this last week. The last one bought a 99p item with free post (cost price £1.33), I included a little bonus (I am building up feedback on a new account) and it cost be 90p to post. Paypal only gave me 76p and then minus the 5p listing fee and FVF as well. Because the account is worth something to me I had to refund them and send them a replacement. I did get a positive but my Item as described DSR went down to 4.8 after they left feedback.

Could have been worse though. Last month some tw*t left me negative feedback without warning and I got so mad I used other accounts to bid on all there items and leave negative feedback. I ended up linking and losing several accounts lol.

CaptainJack
Old 11-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjack1980 View Post
I seem to be getting more than my fair share of a***holes this last week. The last one bought a 99p item with free post (cost price £1.33), I included a little bonus (I am building up feedback on a new account) and it cost be 90p to post. Paypal only gave me 76p and then minus the 5p listing fee and FVF as well. Because the account is worth something to me I had to refund them and send them a replacement. I did get a positive but my Item as described DSR went down to 4.8 after they left feedback.

Could have been worse though. Last month some tw*t left me negative feedback without warning and I got so mad I used other accounts to bid on all there items and leave negative feedback. I ended up linking and losing several accounts lol.

CaptainJack

Ha ha sorry to hear about your accounts... but I have also been there done that
Old 11-16-2009

Longevity: 90%

I found out that the best way to deal with buyers like this is give a refund immediately. However, I no longer get upset about things like these. eBay and Paypal are clearly on the side of buyers, doesnt matter if they are scammers or not. You buy, you win, every time. You sell, you lose, every time.
So now, I try to avoid people like this, but if I get into a situation like this I simply refund and start selling from another account for a while...unil the situation on the first account cools off.
Old 11-17-2009
Threadstarter  

I did it... I figured out a way to get him his money back in the interest of ending things, then he wrote me this ha ha " You are best , I wish you were my girlfriend, if you are girl, and not married, not sure"

LOL I didnt even reply.. so all is well now
Old 11-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I had a European lothario want to meet me in London for dinner, as he said he was visiting, just cos I sold him something and chatted briefly by email...I told him I was emigrating!
Old 11-17-2009

Longevity: 84%

ebay is evolving - the new eharmony.com :D
Old 11-20-2009

Longevity: 96%

Have had a couple of similar issues. Someone who claimed the items were not as described and I offered a partial refund. They went ahead and filed 2 separate PP claims and since they were not invoiced through ebay the only grounds that they had to make a claim on was if the item was not received. Well, since I shipped through PP the DC's were right there, case closed in 2 days and I kept the money, they kept the items, which I might add were exactly as described.
In another case I had an Amazon customer sending me all kinds of threats and it was 100% his mistake. He got me so riled I was about ready to start peppering craigslist with all sorts of unbelieveable ticket, PS3, car deals, personal ads with his contact information.
He eventually realized that it was him that had screwed up and apologized...but I was ready to "release the hounds" if you will.

Last edited by DogFacedBoy; 11-20-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2009

Longevity: 96%

I have someone that keeps popping up on my stealth accounts because he has a knack of recognizing the items that I am listing for a friend who is a top competitor of his. He then sends threatening and derogatory emails to me...thinks he is some clever cyber ninja.

Well this last week he showed up for the first time on my latest stealth account and made the mistake of bidding on the item.

Which of course opened the door for me to get his contact information and now I have tracked him down. He obviously isn't smart enough to be a member here and used secondary "real" information to set up the account that he uses only to harass me...zero FB or transactions in the year he has had it going. Since the account that he has uses to harass me is set up just for that purpose...zero FB in the one year that he has had it. So I can't bid on stuff of his with stealth accounts and try to shut him down that way for non-delivery. But based on what he has given me I think I can find out where his real accounts are and get him that way.

Just as sure as me listing an item for this friend (who pays me well to do it) I will as clockwork get emails from this creep.

Any suggestions?