The correct answers for "Reactivate your eBay account" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-26-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default The correct answers for "Reactivate your eBay account"

Hi all sorry if this is a silly question but I am creating a real account with real details so I have 1 shot to get it all done correctly and it's so important to me and as a result I'm nervous about getting it right.

I opened a USA ebay account using 4G Mobile proxy USA Tmobile with 100% score on https://whoer.net/ and a low fraud score on scamalytics.

I did list straight away after opening the account as I was told this is an ok approach (but I realise now it might not have been the best strategy)

I listed a cheap $5 used book then got the reactivate your ebay account message.

What questions do you think they will ask and how should I answer?

If they ask me what items I will sell shall I simply say "I have some unneeded items around the house such as used books etc that I want to sell"

I'm worried they might ask for information that doesn't apply such as "supplier info"

Any thought on what they might ask and how I should answer would be appreciated.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-26-2022

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 31%
Default Re: The correct answers for "Reactivate your eBay account"

Tell them you have a bunch of stuff laying around that you want to sell.
Tell them, you will be listing used items, AND MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IT THAT WAY FOR THE FIRST 2 - 3 months.

Then it will be okay to list the very first white background product.
Old 05-26-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by matanasow25 View Post
Tell them you have a bunch of stuff laying around that you want to sell.
Tell them, you will be listing used items, AND MAKE SURE YOU KEEP IT THAT WAY FOR THE FIRST 2 - 3 months.

Then it will be okay to list the very first white background product.
Wow 2 - 3 months? That's a long time. Ok I will try that.

Will they ask for other details such as date of birth address name etc.
Old 05-26-2022

Longevity: 27%

Private or business? Different strategies for both, different answers for both.

i.e. if you opened a business account would you really tell them you're selling tat from around the house.

If you opened a private account then I guess you'll need to show them you're a 'local' to the platform of choice selling personal possessions located and shipped from your home address. I'm only surmising on this one as I don't create private seller accounts.

The key to longevity is to look normal.
Old 05-26-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Private or business? Different strategies for both, different answers for both.

i.e. if you opened a business account would you really tell them you're selling tat from around the house.

If you opened a private account then I guess you'll need to show them you're a 'local' to the platform of choice selling personal possessions located and shipped from your home address. I'm only surmising on this one as I don't create private seller accounts.

The key to longevity is to look normal.
Private account I think
Old 05-26-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernendo View Post
Private account I think
So how were you planning on getting the book to the buyer, you said on your other thread you weren't in the country you're selling in? Were you going to dropship it?

If it is a private account, what happens when you start selling new goods in some form of quantity?

As I said above, the key to success is to look normal, seems they don't think you do and definitely wont when you ramp up the account and ask for a selling limit increase for your 'business'.

So just for clarity, your posing as a US based private seller selling personal possessions shipped by you from your home address. They are unaware you are based abroad and eventually want to run a business through it.
Old 05-26-2022
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your answers

"So how were you planning on getting the book to the buyer, you said on your other thread you weren't in the country you're selling in? Were you going to dropship it?"

I listed a used book on ebay that was available for purchase on Amazon so yes I would have drop shipped a quantity of 1

If it is a private account, what happens when you start selling new goods in some form of quantity?

I am not aiming for huge quantity. Maybe $500 to $1000 per month in sales. Years ago ebay allowed me to sell as a personal account and when I hit a certain level they asked me to switch to a business account so I registered as a sole trader.

Previously I havn't asked for a selling limit increase and allowed it to naturally increase on it's own.

It's hard to look normal as everyone seems to have a different definition of how normal looks. Some people say it's normal and totally random to be asked to reactivate your account and even perfect accounts get asked to do it. Other people say it means ebay don't like something.

====

I intend to sell legitimate physical software products sent out on DVD and USB. I know many people will scream high risk but I have successfully been selling these items on another uk stealth account for about 7 years and have top rated seller status.

Last edited by fernendo; 05-26-2022 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-26-2022
Threadstarter  

So just for clarity, your posing as a US based private seller selling personal possessions shipped by you from your home address. They are unaware you are based abroad and eventually want to run a business through it.

It's not a stealth account it's a real account. Yes I am based abroad and using a USA tmobile 4G proxy for access.
Old 05-26-2022

Dropshipping books from Amazon to be followed by software sales on a new private seller account managed from abroad.

Never going to work, If ebay don't take you down in the dropshipping phase then they, or vero, or a competitor will when you enter the software phase.

But that's just my prediction, good luck in trying.
Old 05-26-2022

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
It's hard to look normal as everyone seems to have a different definition of how normal looks. Some people say it's normal and totally random to be asked to reactivate your account and even perfect accounts get asked to do it. Other people say it means ebay don't like something.
Reactivate your account message is not normal, something in your creation method alerted the bots. A good creation method will get the reactivate message
Old 05-26-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
Reactivate your account message is not normal, something in your creation method alerted the bots. A good creation method will get the reactivate message
You mean a good creation method won't get the reactivate message?

Could it be because I registered as a seller immediately after creating the account?
Old 05-26-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Dropshipping books from Amazon to be followed by software sales on a new private seller account managed from abroad.

Never going to work, If ebay don't take you down in the dropshipping phase then they, or vero, or a competitor will when you enter the software phase.

But that's just my prediction, good luck in trying.
Ok what strategy would you recommend? I need to focus on what will work.

In theory they won't know I'm abroad as I'm using USA 4G Mobile proxy
Old 05-26-2022

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
You mean a good creation method won't get the reactivate message?

Could it be because I registered as a seller immediately after creating the account?
What I mean by creation method is, everything that you do from creating account and turning them into seller. And the personal information that you use and also your device and ip. If all of that pass the eBay bots you should be fine.

Creating seller account same day as buyer is just a myth also, average users will create buyer and seller same day with no issues.

I create a buyer account and let it sit for a few weeks before turning them into sellers. That’s just my preference

Last edited by Roy3805; 05-26-2022 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-26-2022
Threadstarter  

Maybe I should just close my ebay account. No one says what will work there is only an insistence that everything won't work and if someone suggests something that will work many other people come along and insist it won't.
Old 05-26-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Maybe I should just close my ebay account. No one says what will work there is only an insistence that everything won't work and if someone suggests something that will work many other people come along and insist it won't.
I've been saying in your previous threads that you are over complicating everything. You didn't wanna do what was suggested because you don't wanna spend the money or it's something else then you ended up spending money on garbage.

I suggest you take things back to basics and use the services that was recommended to you by reputable members in here.

YOu see that "longetivity %" in member's profile? That's how long they've been a member.
Old 05-26-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
You didn't wanna do what was suggested because you don't wanna spend the money
Nail on the head. It's nearly always the case.

At the end of the day there simply isn't a cheap or simple way to trade from/in the US on .com without spending money - and certainly not from a private seller account with underlying business intentions.

How do these folk address US taxation?
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
SaiJin (05-26-2022)
Old 05-26-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I've been saying in your previous threads that you are over complicating everything. You didn't wanna do what was suggested because you don't wanna spend the money or it's something else then you ended up spending money on garbage.

I suggest you take things back to basics and use the services that was recommended to you by reputable members in here.

YOu see that "longetivity %" in member's profile? That's how long they've been a member.
I did spend the money tho I got an expensive USA 4G Mobile Proxy that costs $100 per month with good fraud rating on scamalytics.

Ok so it wasn't with IPBurger but that service has it's fans and it's critics. Some people say it's promotion here is affiliate related.

The service I got allowed me to pick city and carrier so that I would be located in the same city I'm registered to and always connected to the same carrier on a mobile proxy. Apparently this option isn't available on IPBurger.

I'd happily buy IPBurger if it was a sure fire solution but if I did buy it someone else will jump in and say stealth is dead I've got no chance regardless. Or I am on a private seller account so I have no chance. Nothing in the aspkin stealth guide says you can't use a private seller account. Lots of secret rules that I can't comply with because I don't know about them.

This is the first time I've heard about a no private seller account rule so I couldn't do it "properly" as the information on how wasn't available to me. Previously the correct method was to create a private account and once it grows ebay force you to switch to business. I guess a lot has changed without an updated stealth guide to help us.

What does taking things back to basics mean? Too many cryptic answers like "be a normal user" "take things back to basics"

Anyway I appreciate everyones advise and input. Maybe we should accept that stealth is dead and apparently even real accounts are dead too.

Last edited by fernendo; 05-26-2022 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
I did spend the money tho I got an expensive USA 4G Mobile Proxy that costs $100 per month with good fraud rating on scamalytics.

Ok so it wasn't with IPBurger but that service has it's fans and it's critics. Some people say it's promotion here is affiliate related.

I'd happily buy IPBurger if it was a sure fire solution but if I did buy it someone else will jump in and say stealth is dead I've got no chance regardless. Or I am on a private seller account so I have no chance. Nothing in the aspkin stealth guide says you can't use a private seller account. Lots of secret rules that I can't comply with because I don't know about them.

What does taking things back to basics mean? Too many cryptic answers like "be a normal user" "take things back to basics"

You just proved my point exactly.

What's cryptic about stick with basics? You have the stealth guide... read it from beginning and follow the steps.

I already told you previously... stick with IPburger that's what it's made for.
Me and other successful members have NEVER had a problem with it. NOT ONE.

You said you don't wanna spend "Alot of money" on IPburger... yet you paid MORE than what IPburger charges on a TMobile service where the IP pool has
been abused for the past decade.

Yea sure there are naysayers and haters everywhere you go and whining that this is dead, that is dead... are you gonna filter them out and do the best you can with solid advice from a ton of members here that have replied to your thread or are you going to just keep asking the same questions and hit a wall because you didn't listen?

Oh, to answer your final statement, that's on you. No one here is gonna pamper you when you are ready to quit anyways.
Old 05-26-2022

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Hi all sorry if this is a silly question but I am creating a real account with real details so I have 1 shot to get it all done correctly and it's so important to me and as a result I'm nervous about getting it right.

I opened a USA ebay account using 4G Mobile proxy USA Tmobile with 100% score on https://whoer.net/ and a low fraud score on scamalytics.

I did list straight away after opening the account as I was told this is an ok approach (but I realise now it might not have been the best strategy)

I listed a cheap $5 used book then got the reactivate your ebay account message.

What questions do you think they will ask and how should I answer?

If they ask me what items I will sell shall I simply say "I have some unneeded items around the house such as used books etc that I want to sell"

I'm worried they might ask for information that doesn't apply such as "supplier info"

Any thought on what they might ask and how I should answer would be appreciated.

Thanks
The live chat agents are extremely inconsistent as we experienced different outcomes (unrestricted/restricted permanently) on identical setups, and item types.

You can answer that you have a supplier and list an already existing item on eBay and one time it will work. The other time it will get account restricted forever. Once you hit 50-100 "test" count like that, conclusion is made that the chatting is not a needle mover here. Advice: based on our past experience, it does not matter how you will answer those questions as long as their are short, straight to the point and polite. Do not raise any red flags and that's it.

You can write them your entire life story of how that book you listed belonged to your grandfather and how important this listing is now for you. Will not add any success rate.

As regards to personal/business - both will work completely fine. Does not have any higher or lower suspension risk also.
Old 05-26-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You just proved my point exactly.

What's cryptic about stick with basics? You have the Stealth Guide... read it from beginning and follow the steps.

I already told you previously... stick with IPburger that's what it's made for.
Me and other successful members have NEVER had a problem with it. NOT ONE.

You said you don't wanna spend "Alot of money" on IPburger... yet you paid MORE than what IPburger charges on a TMobile service where the IP pool has

Yea sure there are naysayers and haters everywhere you go and whining that this is dead, that is dead... are you gonna filter them out and do the best you can with solid advice from a ton of members here that have replied to your thread or are you going to just keep asking the same questions and hit a wall because you didn't listen?

Oh, to answer your final statement, that's on you. No one here is gonna pamper you when you are ready to quit anyways.
I appreciate your advise please understand that almost all the advise I get conflicts with other advise and I don't know who to follow.

Please remind me which IP Burger plan you recommended? Was it dedicated, residential or moible proxy?

The Stealth Guide seems very out of date would love it if this could be updated.

IF I recall correctly no where in the Stealth Guide does it say I can't start off with a private seller account.
Old 05-26-2022
Threadstarter  

I was told that mobile proxies are the best of the best. They cannot be banned due to the nature of mobile ips. I was told these were much better than datacentre or residential ips.

Based on the consistently low fraud ratings I got from these ips I assumed that was the correct advise but who knows.
Old 05-26-2022

Look, your IP address/source was unlikely to have caused the issue.

I understand why this forum promotes IPBurgr it's what funds it and makes the owner some spending money. It works. Would I choose it over a 4G mobile proxy, no. Indeed, didn't this forum/Burger use to offer such a facility?

But whatever it was you still haven't rung ebay as requested. How long do you plan on waiting? What would a normal person do?

Pick a 'persona' and reason for joining, get your answers in order and get on the phone.

As an aside, did you think $100 for your proxy was a good investment for, $500-1000 in sales. What will you net after fees, postage, stock, tax etc?