New ebay phone verification update - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-26-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 11%
Default New ebay phone verification update

Hello,

So recently ebay has implemented a new method to verify its users. 30 minutes after you create an ebay account, the system request to verify you through mobile code otp, but as we stealthers use temporary service for this purpose, its almost impossible to get back the number.. so this leaves us unable to proceed..
what do you guys suggest as a work around for this
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-26-2022

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: New ebay phone verification update

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanin2022 View Post
Hello,

So recently ebay has implemented a new method to verify its users. 30 minutes after you create an ebay account, the system request to verify you through mobile code otp, but as we stealthers use temporary service for this purpose, its almost impossible to get back the number.. so this leaves us unable to proceed..
what do you guys suggest as a work around for this
I use giffgaff SIM cards top up £6 for a new number 1GB data or £10 top up and 15gb data. I keep all sim cards never bin them.
Old 06-26-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
I use giffgaff SIM cards top up £6 for a new number 1GB data or £10 top up and 15gb data. I keep all sim cards never bin them.
THis...

very good advice and very affordable.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
samspalace (06-26-2022)
Old 06-26-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
THis...

very good advice and very affordable.
The phone number has never been used by anybody so I highly recommend it. SIM cards delivered in 24hrs as well
Old 06-27-2022
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

I despise Giffgaff. Years ago they used to require a top-up to reveal the mobile number. So if you created say 15 accounts, it's ££ top-up. Never that!

All networks recycle numbers by the way.
Old 06-27-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
I despise Giffgaff. Years ago they used to require a top-up to reveal the mobile number. So if you created say 15 accounts, it's ££ top-up. Never that!

All networks recycle numbers by the way.
I’ve never had any issues with any sim card I have used for eBay accounts and most sim cards available you have to top up to get a new number it’s cheap and if eBay call you for any reason or you need your phone to log in to the account at least you have your SIM card available.
Old 06-27-2022

Activity: 78%
Longevity: 46%

any major SIM supplier is good , I was once told by an ebay security rep that they accept all SIM cards but it must always be a local SIM card and it must be a physical number

this means they primarily want to prevent people from using foreign numbers and any VOIP numbers that look like a real mobile
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
samspalace (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
I’ve never had any issues with any sim card I have used for eBay accounts and most sim cards available you have to top up to get a new number it’s cheap and if eBay call you for any reason or you need your phone to log in to the account at least you have your SIM card available.
I'm not sure I implied in my prior post that certain sim cards cause issues on eBay - or shouldn't be retained after registration.
I merely noted that using GiffGaff carries needless upfront costs which I avoid.

Looking at your other posts; your last 4 accounts (or thereabout) didn't get off the ground. Bless your effort - but you could have saved £40 if you used Three or some other carrier. That way, you only top up months later when you're sure the account is well-grounded.

To each his own. It's fine if you're happy with it.

On another note, I've had a quick look at our cache of unused sims and they all have numbers printed somewhere on the pack. Three have it on the plastic.

Can't remember which, but I had received one such batch of 'blank' sim cards. I sent it straight back.
Old 06-27-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
I'm not sure I implied in my prior post that certain sim cards cause issues on eBay - or shouldn't be retained after registration.
I merely noted that using GiffGaff carries needless upfront costs which I avoid.

Looking at your other posts; your last 4 accounts (or thereabout) didn't get off the ground. Bless your effort - but you could have saved £40 if you used Three or some other carrier. That way, you only top up months later when you're sure the account is well-grounded.

To each his own. It's fine if you're happy with it.

On another note, I've had a quick look at our cache of unused sims and they all have numbers printed somewhere on the pack. Three have it on the plastic.

Can't remember which, but I had received one such batch of 'blank' sim cards. I sent it straight back.
I’ve got 4 accounts and I’m about to create another 2 accounts tomorrow so will have 6 again. The other accounts were suspended due to school boy error mistakes. Listing risky item, showing brand in photos, mismatch address, just everything completely wrong.

I did waist £60 with top up to get the numbers when I could of just paid £6 but the SIM cards are not why the accounts got suspended.

As this post is created by the op it’s probably best for them to use three SIM card and receive number on the back without having to pay an upfront fee but all SIM cards are okay for numbers for eBay.