Hi! I'm new here and have some pretty general questions. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-10-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 10%
Default Hi! I'm new here and have some pretty general questions.

Quite recently I was "indefinitely restricted" from selling on eBay. Story time, I found a pretty good product I thought would sell. I decided to take a try at selling this product on eBay and it went very well. eBay was constantly upping my selling limits and I was feeling amazing. My buyers were leaving great reviews all this good stuff, but then a couple people filed returns.

The first was an older lady after 2 days after purchase filed a return because she "Didn't feel like she was going to receive her item." That was literally the actual reason. Surprise I had already communicated to her shipping and everything, but she filed the return anyway and even after the item was shipped and her doubts reassured she didn't cancel it because she "Didn't know how", 2nd return same thing someone wanting 2 day amazon shipping, and finally the 3rd and final return request was actually a legit one where I refunded the buyer on a size issue. After that 3rd return (My only 3 return request or issues out of 200+ sales) My account was restricted.

They asked for several things 1. Proof that I physically have the items I'm selling (I had physical proof of the items) though I was mostly dropshipping I did have several dozen of the items already myself. They asked for proof of purchase of those items which I had and finally proof of tracking and shipping of those items. These are things I all had, so imagine me thinking ok, i'll provide this information and boom i'll be good. No..couple of days later I get a message telling me I'm indefinitely restricted from selling on eBay. Of course I contacted support explained everything, but all I got was the basic script replied via live text support & call support "The decision is final and cannot be undone" and they also "Could not go into details regarding this decision"

I guess my questions are ..

1. Do I need to go through learning to create a stealth account? It seems as though i'm not suspended, but restricted from selling would they stop me from doing so on another account if it ends up linked to me?

2. If i set up a stealth account how do I handle the identity part of everything? aka asking for your SSN, proving your identity.. with ID all that and finally the physically address. Can I really just ⊗⊗⊗⊗ all that?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-10-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Hi! I'm new here and have some pretty general questions.

You are saying you had a buyer wanting Amazon 2-day service on an eBay purchase?

Still the fruit loop buyers around…

Old 07-10-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
You are saying you had a buyer wanting Amazon 2-day service on an eBay purchase?

Yes! They were extremely impatient and wanted the items tracking code ASAP they ordered on Friday too.. it was insane man and these people cost me my account..
Old 07-11-2022

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetMeFreeplssire View Post
...would they stop me from doing so on another account if it ends up linked to me?...
Yes they will.
The Following User Says Thank You to bytor3k For This Useful Post:
SetMeFreeplssire (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Old 07-11-2022

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

it sounds like despite the fact you do hold some items with you,you are engaging in retail arbitrage - taking customer money and then buy from another retailer (amzn) .
you said you completed 200 transactions,did you upload AMZN tracking,?out of 200 ,how many are shipped by amzn?
Old 07-11-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
it sounds like despite the fact you do hold some items with you,you are engaging in retail arbitrage - taking customer money and then buy from another retailer (amzn) .
you said you completed 200 transactions,did you upload AMZN tracking,?out of 200 ,how many are shipped by amzn?
None of my items were amzn or any other retailer weird assumption lol i got them from a supplier not a retailer
Old 07-11-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Quite recently I was "indefinitely restricted" from selling on eBay. Story time, I found a pretty good product I thought would sell. I decided to take a try at selling this product on eBay and it went very well. eBay was constantly upping my selling limits and I was feeling amazing. My buyers were leaving great reviews all this good stuff, but then a couple people filed returns.

The first was an older lady after 2 days after purchase filed a return because she "Didn't feel like she was going to receive her item." That was literally the actual reason. Surprise I had already communicated to her shipping and everything, but she filed the return anyway and even after the item was shipped and her doubts reassured she didn't cancel it because she "Didn't know how", 2nd return same thing someone wanting 2 day amazon shipping, and finally the 3rd and final return request was actually a legit one where I refunded the buyer on a size issue. After that 3rd return (My only 3 return request or issues out of 200+ sales) My account was restricted.

They asked for several things 1. Proof that I physically have the items I'm selling (I had physical proof of the items) though I was mostly dropshipping I did have several dozen of the items already myself. They asked for proof of purchase of those items which I had and finally proof of tracking and shipping of those items. These are things I all had, so imagine me thinking ok, i'll provide this information and boom i'll be good. No..couple of days later I get a message telling me I'm indefinitely restricted from selling on eBay. Of course I contacted support explained everything, but all I got was the basic script replied via live text support & call support "The decision is final and cannot be undone" and they also "Could not go into details regarding this decision"

I guess my questions are ..

1. Do I need to go through learning to create a stealth account? It seems as though i'm not suspended, but restricted from selling would they stop me from doing so on another account if it ends up linked to me?

2. If i set up a stealth account how do I handle the identity part of everything? aka asking for your SSN, proving your identity.. with ID all that and finally the physically address. Can I really just ⊗⊗⊗⊗ all that?
Whether your 1 account is up and running or not, it's always advisable to learn the stealth guide so you have more accounts as back up for when... not if bad things happen.

2. All of that is in the stealth guide
Old 07-12-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
None of my items were amzn or any other retailer weird assumption lol i got them from a supplier not a retailer
Good to clarify
Old 07-13-2022

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 39%

Not a fruit loop. It was a drop shipper (ebay to Facebook marketplace). Many of them use eBay sellers (knowing full well they are using Amazon as their supplier) to drop ship to their Facebook customers. I don’t mind because I am getting a bunch of extra sales from these “buyers”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post

Old 07-15-2022

Longevity: 70%

Take the advice from experienced stealth sellers.

Your account has a less than 1% chance to be reinstated, you would need to escalate to executives at eBay but also try to go through your local states complaints department (whatever they may be called) and even then they cannot push to reinstate your account as eBay dictates the rules and who stays and who goes based on their terms and conditions that you agreed to.

Even then you would be wasting so much energy, time, and many months to no avail.

Start fresh, and create many new accs, and always be ready for them to be banned at any point.

This is the game, has always been this, will never change.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dom03 For This Useful Post:
devikman (07-20-2022), rsot (07-16-2022), SetMeFreeplssire (07-15-2022)
Old 07-15-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2SS View Post
Not a fruit loop. It was a drop shipper (ebay to Facebook marketplace). Many of them use eBay sellers (knowing full well they are using Amazon as their supplier) to drop ship to their Facebook customers. I don’t mind because I am getting a bunch of extra sales from these “buyers”.
ah well all my products came from alibaba i would buy bulk but when i didnt have enough inventory i would dropship directly from them
Old 07-16-2022

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 39%

Quote:
ah well all my products came from alibaba i would buy bulk but when i didnt have enough inventory i would dropship directly from them
Never ever drop ship from China (ie Aliexpress). Shipping takes too long and Chinese love to provide ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers.
Old 07-16-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Never ever drop ship from China (ie Aliexpress). Shipping takes too long and Chinese love to provide ⊗⊗⊗⊗ tracking numbers.
Not to mention that some buyers will not like this
Old 07-16-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
This was one of my main issues. Shipping times, but I also didn't have the revenue stream to bulk up on the inventory I was selling. I would sell out on my physical inventory and was greedy so I drop shipped orders after my physical inventory was gone. I was looking for solutions on how to deal with it, but it basically boiled down to making more money to store a bigger inventory. Ultimately, I'm not 100% sure what got me restricted. I personally believe it was the 3 returns in a row, but that's odd seeing I had a great track record before those a spotless record actually.

Although those people probably wouldn't have filed a return if the item was shipped faster. It took about 5 days after purchase for the items to ship via dropshipping and 5-10 to deliver and i believe that timeframe is what caused some of those people to file returns. Weirdly enough the people who filed returns were not because of shipping times. It was the 5 days before the item was even shipped. I think honestly nothing could have stopped me from being restricted if a few returns was all it took. I communicated with each buyer that the item will ship in 5 days I literally sent a manual message to each buyer relating shipping times every step of the way and kept them updated and they still filed the return, so i think there's nothing I could've done. Ebay continues to be vague about the real reason. I'm just going to start a new account read up on stealth and try to learn from my mistakes this time.
Old 07-16-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,550 Times in 2,203 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

well if you don't have enough $ to buy in large QTY you buy smaller then use the profit accordingly to grow your business.
But sacrificing shipping is a big no no. So you gotta think things through.

Lesson learned I hope?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
SetMeFreeplssire (07-17-2022)