Funds retained by eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-26-2022

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 67%
Default Funds retained by eBay

Hi everyone,

My old stealth account eBay are saying funds will be retained forever because identity could not be verified.

Is this really true if eBay can’t verify details and you have funds in your balance they will retain your funds forever by law.

I mean it kind of makes sense if they can’t verify a person then why should they pay that person. I mean I have lost an item tho so I’m at a loss on the account.

Luckily I have multiple accounts learning from that mistake on that account and all accounts receiving payouts without any issues.

Still I would still like to receive the funds from that account. Just want that account deleted from my laptop with funds in my bank and can finally forget about that account and concentrate on my successful accounts instead.

Appreciate all your replies as always.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-26-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Funds retained by eBay

I've seen people with this type of issue recently in other threads yes.

Not sure about UK law but it seems unlikely you aren't supposed to get your funds due to your country's law.

these platforms like to make excuses to screw people over basically.
Old 09-26-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I've seen people with this type of issue recently in other threads yes.

Not sure about UK law but it seems unlikely you aren't supposed to get your funds due to your country's law.

these platforms like to make excuses to screw people over basically.
Lesson learnt on a stealth account if you don’t want your funds forever in eBays hands then change details to your own details let eBay suspend the account but at least your get your funds back as eBay will be able to verify you that’s what I should of done on that account.

Last edited by samspalace; 09-26-2022 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-26-2022

Activity: 78%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Lesson learnt on a stealth account if you don’t want your funds forever in eBays hands then change details to your own details let eBay suspend the account but at least your get your funds back as eBay will be able to verify you that’s what I should of done on that account.
changing to your own details only works if no ID has been uploaded yet. once it has been uploaded the personal details like name could not be changed anymore without suspension
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
Reloot (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
changing to your own details only works if no ID has been uploaded yet. once it has been uploaded the personal details like name could not be changed anymore without suspension
Yes this is what I meant change details before uploading stealth ID so change from stealth info to real info then real passport and if it gets suspended it’s okay as your have your funds anyway as they will be able to verify you where as stealth no funds because they can’t verify you.
Old 09-26-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%

Damn, that's a nice plan. Have you tried it and found it working? In theory, you could just use your personal info infinitely and have no problem.
Old 09-27-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpWhatsUp View Post
Damn, that's a nice plan. Have you tried it and found it working? In theory, you could just use your personal info infinitely and have no problem.
well - the "no problem" part does not cover the end of the account but at least the funds get acquired
Old 09-27-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Right these threads a getting a little silly.

You know what you sell - its very high risk. Selling what you sell chances are you wont get the funds released after the account is banned real or not.

Yes you can change of the details but that wont stop the items you sell getting flagged over and over.

If your going to keep putting up these threads at least make it clear you sell exclusively high risk items. Context is important
Old 09-27-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Right these threads a getting a little silly.

You know what you sell - its very high risk. Selling what you sell chances are you wont get the funds released after the account is banned real or not.

Yes you can change of the details but that wont stop the items you sell getting flagged over and over.

If your going to keep putting up these threads at least make it clear you sell exclusively high risk items. Context is important
Yes to everyone I sell high risk items but the problem is not high risk items James. The problem is the account information is not verified and because eBay can not verify the account funds are retained by eBay forever.

It’s not the items I sell because I have accounts in my own name date of birth and previous address lived at and I receive payouts all the time without any issues.
Old 09-27-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsUpWhatsUp View Post
Yes one of my accounts is in my own name date of birth but previous address lived at on my credit report and I have no issues with payouts or eBay verifying my information.
Old 09-27-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
well - the "no problem" part does not cover the end of the account but at least the funds get acquired
This is very true going from full stealth information to changing to real information and uploading real ID doesn’t guarantee the account will not be suspended but you will receive funds on the account as eBay will be able to verify that you actually exist.

Remember if your account is full stealth you will be asked to provide ID after a certain turnover has been made £750-£1500 is approx the turnover for a full stealth account. If eBay can verify your account you will not be asked to verify your account as your account has already been verified.

It’s best to create account in your name, date of birth and previous address lived at which is on your credit report. Changing address on your online banking will also appear on your credit report. If you change address back to your home address the address you changed to will still stay on your credit report.

Last edited by samspalace; 09-27-2022 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Changing address on your online banking will also appear on your credit report. If you change address back to your home address the address you changed to will still stay on your credit report.
Interesting to note
Old 09-28-2022

the game with addresses is pointless as long as full name and DOB is the same
Old 09-28-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
the game with addresses is pointless as long as full name and DOB is the same
I did try a made up address but my account did get suspended :( when I tried an address I lived at the accounts are running ok.
Old 10-02-2022

Longevity: 9%

Hi there. So I had this issue aswell. They tried to send the moeny after 60-72 days. But the bank account connected was closed as it got shut down!! eBay then say there retaining and to contact Luxembourg office. It’s £1406!!! What Can I do. Small courts maybe!!?
Old 10-02-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommybcfc7 View Post
Hi there. So I had this issue aswell. They tried to send the moeny after 60-72 days. But the bank account connected was closed as it got shut down!! eBay then say there retaining and to contact Luxembourg office. It’s £1406!!! What Can I do. Small courts maybe!!?
If your info has been verified through eBay then you should be able to ask eBay to add a new bank and for the £1400 to be transferred to you.

The fact eBay tried to send you the money after 72 days is a good thing.
Old 10-02-2022

Already tried as the account is suspended there refusing to change the bank on file! It’s giving me hell... the money is towards my sons passing and his headstone! It’s sickening I’ve tried telling them this
Old 10-02-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommybcfc7 View Post
Already tried as the account is suspended there refusing to change the bank on file! It’s giving me hell... the money is towards my sons passing and his headstone! It’s sickening I’ve tried telling them this
I’m Sorry to hear your loss! I’m not sure what you can do as I’ve not been in your position.

With PayPal if your account got suspended and you had funds in your balance PayPal would allow you to add a new bank. I’m surprised their not letting you add a bank when they actually tried to send funds before.
Old 10-02-2022

Exactly!!! I have grief atm and need to concentrate on what’s more important... eBay are disgusting
Old 10-02-2022

if details are stealth the account will be blocked and funds will not be released , it does not matter which items are sold. people that do verification do not care about your business model at the time of verification

there is really only one way to avoid suspension: if you get a message asking to verify your identity you have one last chance to change the personal details to correct ones and upload ID

once ID has been uploaded there is no way back