ebay multiple performance reviews in 2nd month of selling on a 2 year old accnt - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-03-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 7%
Default ebay multiple performance reviews in 2nd month of selling on a 2 year old accnt

This is the 2nd time ive had performance review in 2 weeks and i was wondering if you guys have had this issue? Things ive done wrong? Possible flags ..... i wait till the last day to ship and tracking doesnt update till the next day. The 2 months already made 6k in sales 9 items sold? Or my shipping location state doesnt orgin from where my addresss is on my ebay account. System might think its a drop shippment? 🤔 ive never seen this many performance reviews in such little times? Has anyone else?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2023

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: ebay multiple performance reviews in 2nd month of selling on a 2 year old accnt

It’s the 6k in sales in 2 months on a dormant account which basically flags you for performance review
Old 06-03-2023

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: ebay multiple performance reviews in 2nd month of selling on a 2 year old accnt

and late shipping,shipping from a different address,the addr is out of state.
Old 06-03-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Waiting until the last day to ship isn't helping your status OP
Old 06-03-2023

IF It is within USA,tell your shipper to get a tracking number ready,he does not have to ship the sam day
Old 06-03-2023
Executive [VIP]

i forget if OP is in the USA or shipping from outside the country
Old 06-03-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
i forget if OP is in the USA or shipping from outside the country
his flag said USA ,but he did not say where the shipper is?
Old 06-03-2023

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 57%

I mean, if you have to ask why when you sold $6,000 off 9 items sold you have a long ways to go in learning. If you aren't drop shipping, stop waiting until the last day to ship and ship it the same day your customer buys it.
Old 06-04-2023

He is slow in shipping for various reasons-
either he needs the money to be released so he can pay for t he item,or whoever is shipping wants to make sure he pays first and the payment is good.
Or that person does not have any in stock,he has to place an order and wait for it to arrive?
sounds like he is selling high ticket item
Old 06-04-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
He is slow in shipping for various reasons-
either he needs the money to be released so he can pay for t he item,or whoever is shipping wants to make sure he pays first and the payment is good.
Or that person does not have any in stock,he has to place an order and wait for it to arrive?
sounds like he is selling high ticket item
he is not providing more concrete details to work with, for sure
Old 06-04-2023

1-AMZN is not making any money when it has to ship zillions of orders to friends of prime members,in fact it could be losing money,that was before AMZN start leasing local mall space and turn it into warehouse to speed up delivery.
-retail sales figures as published by the govt is exaggerated-say an Ebay buyer bought a clock on Ebay,ebay records sales made ,then the seller placed an order on AMZN,AMZN records sales made,but in reality,only one clock was sold,not two.
So when the govt issued retail sales for the period,it looks better than it really is,the only one who does well is the credit card processor.
Old 06-04-2023

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%

Interesting point, arbitrage selling is distorting sales figures, as one item is sold as new twice.

Also the item is getting potentially twice as much state tax as it’s sold twice and as pointed out the credit card companies will have 2 merchant fees on it and it’s the buyer who shoulders all this extra tax and commission burden in the product price.
Old 06-04-2023

Fast shipping is probably the most important factor I have found to either allow for a smooth account without issues vs getting reviews, and possibly MC099. Especially if you have limited history, and/or are getting INRC opened. It is also very easy to prevent, don't drop ship items on a new account, and if you intend on doing it in the future make sure to sell other product that saturates your overall metrics. Therefore if you get a few INRC or late shipments overall your account is in great standings, the algos won't know the difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
wallstreetjimmy (06-07-2023)
Old 06-06-2023

Well f*ck me, I just got a review myself. I personally think the best route to go is put your shop in vacation mode. The last review I got on an account from last year passed the 1 day mark, and ended up getting restricted on the third day. That was after I received a bunch sales and had auctions ending the day of restriction, and day before. So I had about 15+ sales within three days. Unless your account is very seasoned I don't think keeping your account active is smart under this review. Any chance of a high ticket purchase or a bunch of sales hitting your account will trigger the algo, IMO.

Each time I have gotten the reviews is around the time they were supposed to process the payout. Personally moving forward I am changing to weekly payouts, and really making sure whenever sales spike higher than past performance I'm going into vacation mode. That means losing money but whats the point of making money short term if you risk get a review and then its a toss up?
Old 06-07-2023
Threadstarter  

So the review is over now... after a few days....items are still in the process of reaching their destination. Interesting i only sold 6k on this account in 2 months on 9 smaller items..(personally not dropshipped but account owner address is in another state*)?? I am taking it slow ...?? So when can i bump it to 20k in sales on 4 items or better. Last time i sold 40k in 2 months and they banned me but that was a new new account and their were no reviews?? Go figure... why do i wait till last day??? Life and time to refurbish goods...are 2 reasons why i wait till last day? But that again it says i have till that date??? So must be a bogus wire? So when can i bump sales realisitcally .....i have a mountain of stuff to sell
Old 06-07-2023

Yeah well I said shipping is extremely important, and I still believe that to be the case. Though on new accounts these sale spikes are really something that need to be avoided. I think the bot detects it once they are about to process the payout.

Maybe it takes the number then compares it to previous payouts and mathematically speaking there is your red flag? That's the only thing that makes sense from what I've experienced because it always happens when I'm about to receive the payout. Which makes me question how much I want to partake in Black Friday this year.

I like MP, but these periodic reviews are like cancer. For someone ignorant to eBay they won't think twice except mad they aren't receiving payout, but anyone aware of the algo's knows this is like walking on egg shells.
Old 06-07-2023
Threadstarter  

We need someone inside ebay to give us what algos to avoid and what the limits are before we trigger those algos.
Old 06-08-2023

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetjimmy View Post
This is the 2nd time ive had performance review in 2 weeks and i was wondering if you guys have had this issue? Things ive done wrong? Possible flags ..... i wait till the last day to ship and tracking doesnt update till the next day. The 2 months already made 6k in sales 9 items sold? Or my shipping location state doesnt orgin from where my addresss is on my ebay account. System might think its a drop shippment? 🤔 ive never seen this many performance reviews in such little times? Has anyone else?
Everytime your selling volume increases,ebay will do performance review.
If you sell 10k next month,ebay will do a review again.
Old 06-10-2023

For me, I made it past the 4th day, really thankful. These reviews on new accounts are very stressful. If you know the reason for the trigger, which in my case was non established account with increased sales, best route is to go in vacation mode. There is no human reviewing these accounts to my knowledge, it is just bot based. So if you're flagged for increased sales, you cannot control if someone buys from you within the review period, unless you go in vacation mode. Ending listings I don't think is smart, or productive, but vacation mode defiantly is.
Old 06-10-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreetjimmy View Post
We need someone inside ebay to give us what algos to avoid and what the limits are before we trigger those algos.
so you want to go work for ebay now? Career page exists...
Old 06-12-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
For me, I made it past the 4th day, really thankful. These reviews on new accounts are very stressful. If you know the reason for the trigger, which in my case was non established account with increased sales, best route is to go in vacation mode. There is no human reviewing these accounts to my knowledge, it is just bot based. So if you're flagged for increased sales, you cannot control if someone buys from you within the review period, unless you go in vacation mode. Ending listings I don't think is smart, or productive, but vacation mode defiantly is.
Update: My account is back to normal but it did not end after the 5th day. I had to call in, which got me very nervous because the person I spoke with said it would get escalated to the internal team and my account would be fine within 24 hours. Knowing these periodic reviews are not random and are just bots flagging based on behavior, in my case limited selling history and sudden spike I thought I was screwed.

Amazing part of all this, I really have done nothing wrong other than just sales spiked. My metrics are perfect, 100% feedback, there is literally nothing to be upset about, other than eBay wanting to cause problems.
Old 06-18-2023
Threadstarter  

Okay so it does have to do with the number of sales cause i finished a review and passed and the very next sale ...the very next item...2 days later flagged me again and once i canceled the sale the review disappeared??? So scratch shipping. I have a 30 day payment hold for 3k so i cant get that out just yet. I noticed in the new account that under 1k sales pay next day but.over 1 k it has a 2week to 4 week hold. I forgot whats the algo for new account its 25 sales or 90 days??? And than i can increase sales or do i have to pass both and how much should i sell per month to stay low? Cause i noticed cancel sales still stay on my total sales and makes it look like i made 20k in 2 months and 10 items sold????