Ebay & Social Security Number - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-22-2023
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 3%
Default Ebay & Social Security Number

Hi all,
I was able to register a new sellers account with Ebay and included a new bank account, address, proxies, adsware etc. The only thing I'm confused about is how to circumvent the social security number issue (USA seller). Other that one issue I think I've studied and implemented every stealth piece of the puzzle. Just can't figure that one out. Thank you!

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2023

Activity: 1%
Default Re: Ebay & Social Security Number

its better to provide your one in case they ask to upload documents and proofs, can also use stealth one but only if u got corresponding docs for that
Old 10-22-2023
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

How can you use the same SSN twice? How can people create dozens of stealth account? You can't be using the same social more than once.
Old 10-23-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbsofsteel31 View Post
How can you use the same SSN twice? How can people create dozens of stealth account? You can't be using the same social more than once.
One way is to register business EIN
Old 10-23-2023
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Right but they only provide 1 per SSN. Applying for a new LLC each time is $125. Certainly not feasible for the majority of people with the assumption that you will be banned multiple times for various reasons.
Old 10-23-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

Perhaps if you apply for the EIN number before registering the LLC you will see how the account fairs in the early period and if suspended do not register the LLC and as the turnover would be small a 1099 would probably not be issued.
Old 10-23-2023

Longevity: 27%

This was the issue I had a couple years ago from this same site. Apparently that seller is not still active on this site any longer.

I paid for my eBay account, never even got to the point where it could be suspended, never got out of square one, never was refunded.

Sounds like that’s where you’re at if you’re not able to list or even start yet. A business license is around $100 each in my state and a LLC is around $120-$130.

I do appreciate that this site lets messages go up live and do not review them first. I hope they continue that and I hope they do not remove posts.

That being said, the more I look & the more people that I see currently posting things it almost seems like the same type of sellers that I see on Fiverr a lot of padded (⊗⊗⊗⊗) feedback/ reviews a lot of one person lies, and another person swears to it.

Myself, and I would assume the other people that are looking on this site are desperate. For whatever reason were banned from eBay, and looking for an alternative to get back to selling on eBay. If we give a real Social Security number, the account will never be able to start.

The only way I made money on eBay was doing volume , having 500 or more items listed. Does anyone on this site have 500 or more items listed currently using a stealth account?

More importantly, a stealth account that they purchased or made themselves in the year 2023?

I saw other post of people mentioning, they have several ebay accounts running with a few things listed.

I am trying to do this for a living,not as a hobby.
if anyone has a real seller that’s dependable that can count on and if this gentleman, that made this post can get his Social Security issue, resolved, I really want to buy an account if they do really exist.

Right now, I’m wondering if it’s just not a lot of (all) scammers on here taking advantage of desperate people?
Old 10-23-2023

At the time I posted my last post. There were five members online and over 400 people visiting.

That seems to be about the general number, when I log on. There is a never ending stream of people booted off of eBay looking for an alternative.

I never ending stream for scammers to take advantage of desperate people. Trust me. I want there to be an honest seller that we can go to that we can depend on, and we can actually get a eBay account up and running if some of these people that are just watching these 400 people sign up. You have a Voice.

Every post were sellers hop on it’s one mystery or one riddle or one little sliver of hope there’s no concrete answer.

There’s no reality, it’s all smoke n mirrors if there is a real seller that somebody can depend on and be a seller that get us on eBay at the level that we can do it for a living please please please please please let us know.
Old 10-23-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

If you buy a stealth account which come with a SSN and you dont know that person,his creditors and tax agents could seize the fund in your account

years ago,there are some who open an account in a foreign country so they dont have to give their SSN?
Does it still work?

Is there someone in your family or neighbor or friend who would let you use his SSN,go into business with him

Last edited by TGMT²; 10-24-2023 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-23-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
If you buy a stealth account which come with a SSN and you dont know that person,his creditors and tax agents could seize the fund in your account
Right, and that is not a realistic solution.

How Can anyone run a business and be looking over their shoulder every waking moment waiting for the other shoe to drop?
Old 10-23-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffr View Post
Right, and that is not a realistic solution.

How Can anyone run a business and be looking over their shoulder every waking moment waiting for the other shoe to drop?
Well... the thing is you'll always look over your shoulders unless you are alone in your own platform.

It's just the reality and we focus on getting better and having backups.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
banginonwax (10-29-2023)
Old 10-24-2023
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi Jeff, no - haven't received a legitimate answer. I haven't met anybody who has created a stealth account on their own either Jeff. The advice is always to buy the Stealth Book, which I have....I've watched the videos, followed the steps but am stuck on the social security aspect. Nobody seems to give straight answers so we're on our own in the dark, attempting to learn what seems like an impossible lesson.
Old 10-25-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbsofsteel31 View Post
Hi Jeff, no - haven't received a legitimate answer. I haven't met anybody who has created a stealth account on their own either Jeff. The advice is always to buy the Stealth Book, which I have....I've watched the videos, followed the steps but am stuck on the social security aspect. Nobody seems to give straight answers so we're on our own in the dark, attempting to learn what seems like an impossible lesson.
I saw senior members mentioned that they can help,
now is the time to step up and help.

who can help with this issue and help someone that has bought an account recently on this site be able to actually use the account.
Old 10-25-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffr View Post
I saw senior members mentioned that they can help,
now is the time to step up and help.

who can help with this issue and help someone that has bought an account recently on this site be able to actually use the account.
have you looked at the ein llc option yet? 125 is not that pricey for good business investment
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (10-25-2023)
Old 10-25-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
have you looked at the ein llc option yet? 125 is not that pricey for good business investment
does she have to give the last 4 digits of SSN??
Old 10-26-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
good point - i'm not certain these days if the last 4 digits of ssn are still asked for
Old 10-26-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I have looked at that. I would like to see a couple of these issues that People are having resolved before I purchase anything.
Old 10-26-2023

Quote:
From what I understand Currently, sellers have to give full Social Security numbers in addition, photocopy, and send in a photograph of a drivers license.
I don’t know if having a business account or a LLC can eliminate that?

I have talked to a couple people that started Amazon accounts and Amazon are having meetings with people that are registering the accounts on zoom.
Old 10-28-2023

if she forms a corporation,there is no SSN.
Like asking GM for its SSN??
Old 10-29-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Best method is a EIN per ebay

Makes for solid accounts and it's not that expensive
Old 10-30-2023
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Sorry for my delay - (2 kids, haha) But yes, they require your SSN so the only option I see is to provide an EIN but like I said, $125 per LLC to obtain the EIN is too pricey for a chance that the account works. I've tried a few already and they were banned immediately so I can't invest $1,000 for 5 attempts.
Old 10-31-2023

Thank you for the update I was hoping you were going to post again.

The bottom line is the account that you purchased is completely worthless. Well, unless like you said you get a LLC but then there’s a chance that like 99% of the post on this site say that once you list something it gets taken down right away anyway and account gets suspended.

I made a post a couple weeks ago here. The title was not suspended. I will elaborate on that a little bit ,I went the route of using another persons account with a LLC for payments, I paid all the taxes.

The good news for me is it did work for me for over three years and I had the payment method. Everything was going fine out of the blue Ebay requested a photo ID, which I was not able to provide of course and the account is not banned but it’s in limbo and they kept over, $3000 of my income.

Once they stop doing payouts, I refunded the transactions that I was in the middle of and request the person I bought the account from to respond but they never did so the account is dead and I am out over $3000 that’s what brought me back to this site to look for another possibility, the reality is it’s just not possible for long-term to use a stealth account in the year 2023 and beyond anyone on here I believe is just scamming people that are desperate like myself.

I’ve been saying this for weeks and have been begging to be proven wrong. I’m talking about a real account where I’m making real money $2,000 to $3000 a week in sales at least.