| | |
#45

1 Week Ago
|  | Senior Member | | Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15,400
Thanks: 2,171
Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,304 Posts
Activity: 95% Longevity: 41% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit. Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz You two are just trying to steal his business  | we will then run into the same problem.
just try to understand her situation better
| |
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!
| | | |
#46

1 Week Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 81,557
Thanks: 6,467
Thanked 9,496 Times in 8,769 Posts
Activity: 100% Longevity: 85% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit. Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz You two are just trying to steal his business  | Morning chuckles  - category would be fine.
| |
#47

1 Week Ago
| | Senior Member | | Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 321
Thanks: 43
Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
Activity: 43% Longevity: 20% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit. Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot across 5 accounts is somewhat unlikely. | I had similar issues with genuine items being removed for counterfeit policy.
It's a hit or miss, I included receipt, all the labels, everything clearly in HD, didn't matter.
It could be reports, but it could also be ebay's AI systems, something triggering it, something it doesn't like.. Idk
I made 2 manual appeals for separate items and they rejected it, even calling them they still said they stand by their decision.
The way I view it, if your selling anything that is even slightly something they don't like they will remove it, they already make enough money so they don't care if its even remotely deemed as risky.
With items that have been strike'd I just give up on them and sell something else, no point fighting it trust me you'll waste your time and risk ban
| |
#48

1 Week Ago
|  | Senior Member | | Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15,400
Thanks: 2,171
Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,304 Posts
Activity: 95% Longevity: 41% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit.
I believe it is Tiffany who took Ebay to court.by allowing counterfeits to be sold on EBay,it is false advertising on Ebay part,but the judge said it is the brand name company which should make sure no counterfeits are being sold,not the venue,
Since then,brand names come to Ebay and remove listings ,Ebay is not going to fight them.
Thats why I asked what is OP selling,it could be the brand company which remove all his items across 5 accounts.
And there is no way to appeal.
| |
#49

1 Week Ago
| | Senior Member | | Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 321
Thanks: 43
Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
Activity: 43% Longevity: 20% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit. Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 I believe it is Tiffany who took Ebay to court.by allowing counterfeits to be sold on EBay,it is false advertising on Ebay part,but the judge said it is the brand name company which should make sure no counterfeits are being sold,not the venue,
Since then,brand names come to Ebay and remove listings ,Ebay is not going to fight them.
Thats why I asked what is OP selling,it could be the brand company which remove all his items across 5 accounts.
And there is no way to appeal. | Yep, it does make sense they are paranoid against lawsuits..
They also care more about their image/status before anything else, they make good money so it's nothing for them to remove listings even if they are slightly off but nothing actually wrong with them, that's my conclusion
| |
#50

1 Week Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 81,557
Thanks: 6,467
Thanked 9,496 Times in 8,769 Posts
Activity: 100% Longevity: 85% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit. Quote:
Originally Posted by hello1212
With items that have been strike'd I just give up on them and sell something else, no point fighting it trust me you'll waste your time and risk ban | Solid view and approach.
| | The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post: | | |
#51

5 Days Ago
| | Junior Member | | Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 617
Thanks: 14
Thanked 89 Times in 79 Posts
Activity: 3% Longevity: 58% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit. Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_Woogie_MAn Ebay has removed hundreds of mine and other sellers who sell similar products.
We think they have all been reported by a competitor. I have received load off counterfeit emails after the first one each email has said "other then what was communicated to you previously, no additional actions actions are being placed on your account" Will this just go on indefinitely with the warnings?
I always thought you received an educational warning, then the warning, then 3 day bad, 7 day ban, 10 day ban and sometimes 30 day ban before being suspended? But we just keep getting the same message. | The new VERO removal warning can be different, as you mentioned. It has no warning constraints. I believe VERO rolls off after a long time for trusted older accounts. But you will notice, if you get another VERO pull within say 3 months, it will start the clock for the day limit restrictions.
| |
#52

4 Days Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 11,761
Thanks: 2,266
Thanked 4,180 Times in 3,148 Posts
Activity: 97% Longevity: 55% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit. Quote:
Originally Posted by vettefever17 The new VERO removal warning can be different, as you mentioned. It has no warning constraints. I believe VERO rolls off after a long time for trusted older accounts. But you will notice, if you get another VERO pull within say 3 months, it will start the clock for the day limit restrictions. | They don't fall off anymore. If you get a listing removed it stays in your "inactive listings" for as long as the account is active, with a note saying that the listing had a policy violation. You're able to delete other inactive listings but not ones with violations.
__________________ ____________ _______ ___ | |
#53

3 Days Ago
| | Junior Member
Threadstarter  
| | Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 55
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 34% Longevity: 51% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit.
It does drop off after 3 months. Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz They don't fall off anymore. If you get a listing removed it stays in your "inactive listings" for as long as the account is active, with a note saying that the listing had a policy violation. You're able to delete other inactive listings but not ones with violations. | | |
#54

3 Days Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 11,761
Thanks: 2,266
Thanked 4,180 Times in 3,148 Posts
Activity: 97% Longevity: 55% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit.
Alright, if you say so.
__________________ ____________ _______ ___ | |
#55

3 Days Ago
| | Senior Member | | Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 321
Thanks: 43
Thanked 55 Times in 44 Posts
Activity: 43% Longevity: 20% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit. Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_Woogie_MAn It does drop off after 3 months. | Can also confirm at least on ebay UK taken down listings do vanish from inactive after a while, it's what I've noticed.. didn't know it was 3 months, thanks for the tip | |
#56

2 Days Ago
| | Senior Member | | Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,583
Thanks: 497
Thanked 515 Times in 401 Posts
Activity: 24% Longevity: 63% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit.
This actually just happened to me for one listing. I could easily attribute this to my overall selling patterns which has not been great last 3 months. I had uptick in INRC, and late shipments, also fell out of TRS. I know one of these itself doesn't cause a listing removal but its a pattern of higher risk problems that maybe adds a bot to review the listings.
I also had to fix like 300+ listings all in a day that were listed back through API. Due to the listing variation custom field I could no longer modify any listings under the old paradigm.
All the removals from 2024-2025 I had clearly stated a email of who reported the listing. This did not, it just extended a sentence explaining this was done through AI and automation.
As I have believed since 2023, and it's been ongoing since 2019, there is a time limit we all have on eBay. It only gets harder, and while I still make more now than I ever used to I don't foresee myself in 15 years operating like I do now, or even selling on eBay. Thats why most of my income is saved and used to build outside of eBay like my own website or thinking of other things. It can still be used as a marketplace but for those who rely on this as 100% of their net income that just seems highly foolish.
It used to be you got like 2 of these strikes in a short period and eBay warns you, maybe stops you from listing new items for 24 hours, then a week, then a month. For all the removals from 2024-2025 some occurred multiple times in the month, from one particular company and I never got a warning or anything like in the past. I think their systems and operations is a lot different than it used to be.
| |
#57

2 Days Ago
| | Junior Member
Threadstarter  
| | Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 55
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 34% Longevity: 51% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit.
I know this as well, as I have another vero warning just over 3 months after the last one and it went back to the initial "as you way not be aware" message Quote:
Originally Posted by hello1212 Can also confirm at least on ebay UK taken down listings do vanish from inactive after a while, it's what I've noticed.. didn't know it was 3 months, thanks for the tip  | | |
#58

1 Day Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 11,761
Thanks: 2,266
Thanked 4,180 Times in 3,148 Posts
Activity: 97% Longevity: 55% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit.
Y'all are right, they do disappear from inactive listings after 90 days. My bad for saying something inaccurate.
Still though, better believe those violations remain visible on the back end for as long as the account is active.
__________________ ____________ _______ ___ | |
#59

18 Hours Ago
|  | Executive [VIP] | | Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 81,557
Thanks: 6,467
Thanked 9,496 Times in 8,769 Posts
Activity: 100% Longevity: 85% | | Re: Multiple Accounts Targeted by Competitor Stating Items are Counterfeit. Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_Woogie_MAn I know this as well, as I have another vero warning just over 3 months after the last one and it went back to the initial "as you way not be aware" message | Nice clarification hmm
|
Posting Rules
| You may not post new threads You may not post replies You may not post attachments You may not edit your posts HTML code is Off | | | |